Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Any list of what the mutant in the mutant camp can upgrade, and can anyone else replace him in what he does?

This mod knows how to throw hard choices at you. Good and just humans ready to purge mutie scum vs. Guy who can upgrade your big guns :lol:. Though I managed to sneak in and discover the secrets without aggroing the mutants.

Also are there any joinables other than Keri/Gabe/Dog? It's kind of hard to pick out important NPCs to talk to vs. the crowd in this mod. Gabe I only found by accident when I aggroed him along with the Rodriguez guys I attacked. Just pointing me in a direction would be fine, no need to tell me exactly how to get them.

Lhynn

Arcane
Any list of what the mutant in the mutant camp can upgrade, and can anyone else replace him in what he does?
Only big guns, but if you are siding with them your get a custom minigun from the big bad leader of the mutant hunters

This mod knows how to throw hard choices at you. Good and just humans ready to purge mutie scum vs. Guy who can upgrade your big guns :lol:. Though I managed to sneak in and discover the secrets without aggroing the mutants.
Actually sebastian is a fundamentalist nutjob, the super mutants are the good guys in that scenario.

Also are there any joinables other than Keri/Gabe/Dog? It's kind of hard to pick out important NPCs to talk to vs. the crowd in this mod. Gabe I only found by accident when I aggroed him along with the Rodriguez guys I attacked. Just pointing me in a direction would be fine, no need to tell me exactly how to get them.
Lystra at the empire main building, shes on a room, but she wont be there after the empire questline is over.

Still haven't figured out a way to get into the imperial city that doesn't involve excessive usage of my minigun. I was thinking that getting some important person's permission was a main quest progression blocker and that involved going through the hunters, but I just finished the game at level 12 and haven't set foot in it once. Killed the head dude with 2 crits to the eyes (talking to him doesn't get you the cool loot), set the bomb and just sneaked right out.

Actually sebastian is a fundamentalist nutjob, the super mutants are the good guys in that scenario.

Both are shit, but if you have to kill one then the mutants are the better to destroy. But I just sneaked through to get the info and didn't choose a side since neither was appealing. I also didn't really do much in Coranth either for the same reason.

Mini-review:

+ Writing is generally pretty good. Translation seems good, only a few small grammatical and spelling errors I noticed. There was an excessive amount of profanity and verbal aggression that felt a bit unrealistic at times and could be better done with textual non-verbal cues, but you do need SOMETHING to get the feel of a conversation across in an isometric game that doesn't even have talking heads, so I can let it pass.
+ Plot was very interesting. Connects with other Fallout games well, and I like seeing Ghouls be actually important actors rather than just the laughingstock characters.
+ New weapons are cool. I think big guns/energy guns will actually be pretty viable early game since caravan jobs are pretty easy and can take you to the right vendors early on.
+ PROGEMA had a neat gimmick. It felt completely irrelevant to the plot though? Maybe there was an alternate way to get to the final area I missed.
+ Clearly lots of replayability. Probably the majority of quests in the game are mutually exclusive with something else.
+ The ammo balance seems to work pretty well. JHP is still superior in almost every case if you are going for crits though, so AP is only really useful if going for a fast shot burst build. Enemies are a lot more deadly because of better AP.
- The whole world just feels too evil overall. If every named NPC in the game world was averaged together with pure evil being -1 and pure good being +1, I'd expect the average to be around -0.7 or so. Expecting communities to still have this level of dysfunctional cutthroat-ness 100 years after the war requires a suspension of disbelief almost as strong as Bethesda's games do with having people still scavenging shopping marts for pre-war food. You simply can't survive with half your people being drug junkies and the other half being criminals and raiders. Compare Junktown to Rat town. Junktown is basically Chaotic Good vs. Lawful Evil with the twist being that Lawful Evil ends up being better in the end. Rat town is Evil Fucks who prey on the populace and anyone else just trying to make a living vs. other Evil Fucks who do the exact same + also murder the previous Evil Fucks in underhanded ways.
- Too much reuse of the same run-down half-destroyed buildings. Again, it feels like Fallout 3 where the world is a few months after the war rather than a hundred years. Every city is half destroyed. Even designated shitty towns like the Den had mostly complete buildings with only a few holes where things were abandoned. Similarly there is junk everywhere all the way down to broken cars lying in the middle of streets. It just feels silly. I'm going to guess that the Imperial City is the only decent-looking place in the game and based off Vault City.
- Plot is really uneven. It honestly barely exists until the final two areas of the game (camp of mutants and rebirth base). At the very least the info dump at camp of mutants should have been split up so you get some story bits early on and then need to find the rebirth base yourself.
- World map feels barren and is a pain to navigate. Just too much empty space between things and there are mountains everywhere that are so slow to travel through. Stuff should be more accessible and there should be some more mini-settlement type areas nearby the main ones.
- It's kind of hard to find non-generic characters without clicking everyone available. They simply don't stand out from the crowd much and there are too many generic NPCs that just stand around.

Other thoughts:
* It is indeed really annoying how few caps most merchants have and how many caps it takes to get augmented. But I found it quite amusing that the Intelligence implant was priced so high in what I'm guessing was a scheme designed to fuck with power gamers trying to get to Albaquerque at low level and maximize skill point gain.
* All the books available so early in Sedit does kind of ruin a lot of the balance. In FO1 the ability to abuse the bookseller was inherently limited by the time implications, and in FO2 they were exploration rewards to encourage players to do all the side quests and search for stuff. In Resurrection you just dump the shit tons of money you get into them. On the plus side not tagging small guns is actually attractive for once.
* Could really use a few more companions. Both for combat reasons and as another way to dump cash into more armor and guns.
* What's with companions only accepting certain armor types? I get that its for animation reasons, but can't we just do it like FO2 did? Seems odd.
* There's only like... 5 different encounters that I've seen. And I only saw 1 encounter that looked special. Kind of adds to the tedium of travel.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Both are shit, but if you have to kill one then the mutants are the better to destroy.
Why? they arent hurting anybody, they just want to get to the east.
Mutant hunters are actively hunting people with the slightest signs of mutations, kidnaping them or murdering them in front of their loved ones. After talking to sebastian he tells you its scientifically proven that ghouls are evil to the core, or some stupid shit like that.

As for getting into the empire, you have to talk to some dude on the brothel or bribe the gatekeeper. After that you need a reason to stay there, so finding a quest inside should grant you an invitation until you solve said quest.

Why? they arent hurting anybody, they just want to get to the east.

Those mutants are camped in a fortress (no indication of how they are surviving in a deserted wasteland with a goo moat around it, but the mod isn't good at creating believable settlements anyway). Most importantly the head mutant immediately demands I bring him someone to kill and if he sees you a 2nd time then he'll kill you, and that only because you are able to fast talk him out of killing you the first time. Not exactly peaceniks here.

Mutant hunters are actively hunting people with the slightest signs of mutations, kidnaping them or murdering them in front of their loved ones. After talking to sebastian he tells you its scientifically proven that ghouls are evil to the core, or some stupid shit like that.

Virtually every mutant IS attacking people (exception is like 5 ghouls in Sedit and 1 Super mutant in Coranth) with the majority effectively forming an army dedicated to kidnapping and genocide, while the hunters are protecting caravans and shit. Sebastian is scum but wanting to kill him doesn't make the mutants good, and potentially alienating the whole mutant hunter faction would be bad. In the end the mutant hunters are the first faction with rules, an actual structure, and a common purpose other than selling drugs or looting things for money, so in the sea of shit that is FO:Resurrection they are floating to the top.

As for getting into the empire, you have to talk to some dude on the brothel or bribe the gatekeeper. After that you need a reason to stay there, so finding a quest inside should grant you an invitation until you solve said quest.
Fuck, just figured out that there are two gate keepers and I was always going to the non-bribable one.

Last edited:

valcik

Arcane
There's also reason for everything being destroyed except the core city in Albu Average Manatee
The city repelled massive attack recently, when army of heavy armed ghouls almost managed to destroy the Imperial City. With rocket launchers, grenade launchers, explosions and stuff, mind you. Since this chunk of lore is related to Imperial City mostly, you've missed it probably, although Mutant Hunters and other important NPCs in the Suburbs should've mentioned it too.
The same happened to me on first try, missed a lot of important NPCs. Second playthrough was much better in this regard.

There's also reason for everything being destroyed except the core city in Albu Average Manatee
The city repelled massive attack recently, when army of heavy armed ghouls almost managed to destroy the Imperial City. With rocket launchers, grenade launchers, explosions and stuff, mind you. Since this chunk of lore is related to Imperial City mostly, you've missed it probably, although Mutant Hunters and other important NPCs in the Suburbs should've mentioned it too.

I did notice that actually. Was mentioned in Rebirth Base. Problem is it just doesn't look right. The run down buildings are all of the ones that look like pre-war stuff that fell apart, just like the other cities. Next to them are other non-broken pre-war stuff (the non-brokenness defining that its a structure inhabited by named NPCs rather than bums) along with post-war constructions in perfect condition. If the place was just attacked, why did only the bum NPC shacks manage to get hit? It just follows the same pattern of everything in the previous cities.

If you wanted to show that the town was just hit better I'd have a whole section of the place leveled and a bunch of the tents that the tribals use set up right ontop of them in a makeshift fashion.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Decided to reload a save near the end just to clear all the black off my map. Found:

PROGEMA(sp?) facility west of ALBQ, have to use explosives and a rope to get in and the entrance gets sealed behind you. Nothing to fight in there but a Deathclaw on the way out, but there's some generators that I didn't have the repair skill to fix that I assume opens a sealed door behind which I could see a ladder, so more stuff is in there. Loot was a minigun and some combat armour. Was there a quest leading you to this place that I missed, or is it just for random explorers? I know I missed something in ALBQ (I never got to do anything with the Emperor) perhaps a quest for him sends you out there? Any way, when I play again I'll probably tag repair and go here early-ish, free combat armour would be nice at least.

Also, after clearing all the black the date was ~mid December, anyone know if it's possible to run out of time?

laclongquan

Arcane
Coranth's SM Blaster regularly kill people in lawful sanctioned murder ring fights. No innocent there.

Rat Hole is a rat hole. No one got motivation to build any lasting stuffs since the one side got too many druggie and the other got a gang of gunmen. A trade hub gone bad.

Sedit is actually nice as that trade hub prosper and people rebuild it.

Corant is a prosperous mining town. Think Broken Hill. Yeah, same fate~

Lhynn

Arcane
Those mutants are camped in a fortress (no indication of how they are surviving in a deserted wasteland with a goo moat around it, but the mod isn't good at creating believable settlements anyway). Most importantly the head mutant immediately demands I bring him someone to kill and if he sees you a 2nd time then he'll kill you, and that only because you are able to fast talk him out of killing you the first time. Not exactly peaceniks here.
An understandable attitude to take really. Its you who is invading their place.

Virtually every mutant IS attacking people (exception is like 5 ghouls in Sedit and 1 Super mutant in Coranth) with the majority effectively forming an army dedicated to kidnapping and genocide, while the hunters are protecting caravans and shit. Sebastian is scum but wanting to kill him doesn't make the mutants good, and potentially alienating the whole mutant hunter faction would be bad. In the end the mutant hunters are the first faction with rules, an actual structure, and a common purpose other than selling drugs or looting things for money, so in the sea of shit that is FO:Resurrection they are floating to the top.
Actually mutants is anyone affected by radiation according to the Mutant Hunters, including people with strange skin coloration, some minor deformities, their parents, their sons and daughters, etc.
Also you have the police at Corath, the empire, Nestor, Uncle, Dream caravans, Sedit Caravans, the Crimson Caravans, William, the tribals, New Hope. None of these are evil, they are just driven people in a world without rules.
Mutant hunters dont really have rules other than hating mutants and shaping the world in their image. They are basically the KKK.
Yeah the story sends conflicting signals because you have every almost ghoul in the world trying to murder every normie, for a chance to become normal, but them being assholes doesnt mean mutant hunters are any kind of solution, they are just two wrongs. The empire is xenopnobic, Nestor is almost a slave driver, Uncle is a two faced cunt, the police at Corath will murder anyone that doesnt follow the rules, no questions asked.
But you have frederyk, thats a guy that just wants to get by, william, a dude thats actually trying to do good by the people at the suburbs, new hope, a community thats slowly growing and reminds me of shady sands. The crimson carvan, adrenaline junkies, the tribals just trying to get by.

Everyones got their views, and while some of them are not what you would call politically correct, they are what would happen in a mad max inspired universe.

tl;dr yeah the world is full of assholes and they tend to do well, but not everyone is an asshole.

PROGEMA(sp?) facility west of ALBQ, have to use explosives and a rope to get in and the entrance gets sealed behind you. Nothing to fight in there but a Deathclaw on the way out, but there's some generators that I didn't have the repair skill to fix that I assume opens a sealed door behind which I could see a ladder, so more stuff is in there. Loot was a minigun and some combat armour. Was there a quest leading you to this place that I missed, or is it just for random explorers? I know I missed something in ALBQ (I never got to do anything with the Emperor) perhaps a quest for him sends you out there? Any way, when I play again I'll probably tag repair and go here early-ish, free combat armour would be nice at least.

I know that finding some of its secrets can give dialog in the final area. I don't know if it actually unlocks anything plot-relevant though. There's also a unique weapon in there.

Also, after clearing all the black the date was ~mid December, anyone know if it's possible to run out of time?

Pretty sure it isn't. I went until Nov 2171 farming caps for implants. Might affect your ending text?

Also you have the police at Corath, the empire, Nestor, Uncle, Dream caravans, Sedit Caravans, the Crimson Caravans, William, the tribals, New Hope. None of these are evil, they are just driven people in a world without rules.
Mutant hunters dont really have rules other than hating mutants and shaping the world in their image. They are basically the KKK.

Corath is still effectively lawless since anyone who can beat up anyone else wins everything. The police is effectively impotent and is ceding all real power it has to control the town in order to pretend it enforces the law, which is not good but cowardly and a sign of wanting the power of the law without the duty to enforce it fairly, which is arguably evil. Nestor and Uncle are both not nearly good guys from what I've seen. Slightly underhanded competition may not be evil but when you're willing to kill people to do it (especially people in what should be a tightly-knit post-apocalypse city), you definitely are.

Crimson Caravan missions involve murdering the Cathedral member (morally highly dubious considering he's pretty harmless at this point in the timeline) and Sedit Caravans are CLEARLY evil as fuck. Only Frederyk's Caravans can qualify as good guys.

William is one of the few characters actually going out of their way to help people. Tribals/New Hope are OK (both are basically required to be decent to each other because a tribe that can't get along disintegrates). None of them are really important or big on the world stage, so they don't count for much. Both can basically be summarized as "so irrelevant that no one evil has bothered wiping them out" (the end slide for New Hope had them wiped out by the petty gang in Rat Town for me).

Mutant Hunters are described as the lone force preventing the ghouls from killing everyone in the game world. The place is effectively a warzone (was actually a warzone an indeterminate amount of days previously). What do soldiers do during war? Talk about killing as many of the enemy as they can. And lets not forget that the whole world just narrowly averted the Master/Super Mutant threat. Not saying they are "good guys" per se, but there is no reason to make war on them by assassinating one of their leading members when you're risking the safety of the biggest city in the game world by doing so.

Last edited:

valcik

Arcane
Mutant Hunters formed their ranks after first huge attack though. There's another important faction hell-bent on protecting the city in Albu, involving a side quest about power struggle between Mutant Hunters and Imperial City, which could shed some light on this good/bad boys thing.

My understanding is that the Imperials aren't doing shit to help outside their nice big walls. It's all well and good to hole up in your city and protect yourself, but the Mutant Hunters are the ones putting their lives on the line to go out and protect other cities and caravans. But then I should go ahead and get my 2nd game through so I can see the imperial city first hand.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
#MutantsLivesMatter

Supermuntants are invading army destroying cities left and right and ghouls (with exception of some of them in New Hub) run crazy body snatcher cult who raids caravans to kidnapping people for their experiments. Those innocent muslims mutants living in fortress slaughtered people who were living there before btw. Mutant Hunters are righteous Crusaders protecting Humanity while Empire are assholes who care only about their Ivory Tower. Crimson Caravans are good guys too any Children of Cathedral deserves bullet in the head... They worked for Master for gods sake. The Southern Rathole faction and Corath are more moraly grey; they keep the law and order but for selfish reasons only.

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane
Is it possible to receive quests from the Emperor? In my playthrough I wasn't able to descent below Imperial City where I guess is the Vault.

valcik

Arcane
Yes eXalted it is.
My understanding is that the Imperials aren't doing shit to help outside their nice big walls.
It's up to you to change their selfish behavior then. Or to make it much worse! Choice and consequences alright.

ed:
Supermuntants are invading army destroying cities left and right..
Nah. In first Fallout perhaps, but there's not many of them left in Resurrection and they're not invading any cities anymore.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Is the Vault Dweller trapped in the cell on the bottom floor of the Rebirth Base anyone important? He looks special but there's no way to reach him without getting past the unwinnable battle with the guards.

Hardly unwinnable, even with a talker. Just requires some AI abuse; the enemies tend to stick to their targets, even when those targets run behind a corner.

The guy is the previous Reborn, and the dude lying on the floor is the one before him, suffering from an advanced state of cellular degeneration. They're basically just there to inform you about the plot in case you've shot everyone else.

Bloodlust

Augur
Someone asked it earlier can't rremember whom ,but there is a time limit in this game.It is around 10 years, for reasons related to the plot.

However that time is so plenty you could travel through the wasteland killing deathclaws,mutants and ghouls for xp and reach like lvl 50 before dying.

Also, new Perk. Divine Favor : Gain a perk every two levels. Requires CHA 8 and lvl 12 or 15 not sure. Was that perk in tactics? Maybe a reason to pump CHA a bit.

Other than that , the loner and leader perks, not sure if there are any other new perks.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Other than that , the loner and leader perks, not sure if there are any other new perks.

Brutish Hulk - also FTactics fare. Seems to require 8 EN, is taken at lvl 12, doubles your hit point gain. So with 10 EN, you start gaining 14 HP per level.

And divine favour seems like a nice surprise for my russian LP character - he'll totally enjoy that one, especially as I planned to grind him a bit on the floaters&centaurs anyway.

Cromwell

Arcane
Is it possible to receive quests from the Emperor? In my playthrough I wasn't able to descent below Imperial City where I guess is the Vault.

Yes, if you sided with the empire against anonym you will receive a pipboy message later. Is there anything which drives me forward with the main quest or do I have to just look everywhere until I find something? I helped the empire with the vault and the tribals with their doctor problem last.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Is there anything which drives me forward with the main quest or do I have to just look everywhere until I find something?

Sebastian, the leader of the mutant hunters, gives you a quest to retake an outpost that was overrun by supermutants.

valcik

Arcane
Nope, this quest is simple information exchange, you won't join them by finishing it. Unless you've directly attacked them during your work for the empire, Hunters are not hostile towards you and you can ask them anything.

Bloodlust

Augur

The new emperor will eventually pip-boy message you about vault 16 situation.Empire guys found out about the vault 16 happenings and want to take action.In order for that to happen ,not only you have to NOT be a mutant hunter but must have also not even asked to join them. The questline evolves getting rid of thoso freaky creatures and regaining control of the third level in a stealth way.I really enjoyed that quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom