Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
considering how fast companions go down i dont see a reason to even bother with them.

Pack mules are extremely useful on a blind playthrough.

valcik

Arcane
I do remember one feature from one of the first GURPS Fallout builds - you could've spent all your action points in one turn for aiming, which resulted in huge damage on your next turn with totally dead opponent. Much more dangerous than these critical hits.

One more thing, have you noticed how crowbars became really handy in Resurrection? You can pry open almost everything with decent enough strength. Really useful feature missing in both Fallouts.

eXalted

Arcane
These new combat calculations would have been great if there was a cover system in Fallout 2, something like Shadowrun. That would make it more realistic and very enjoyable (well, for me at least).

eXalted

Arcane
Mmm, that three faction battle. Total bloodshed.

UgFhJ3u.jpg

And at last gave Keri a Ripper. Now finally she can start doing some melee damage.

Lhynn

Arcane
Pack mules are extremely useful on a blind playthrough.
True, im at that point where you have more goods than people to sell stuff to, where im leaving tens of thousands worth of weapon and ammo in lockers because even both my mules cant carry more.

Really liking it, The first two locations are kinda shit, but it really picks up after that. I just hit level 12, would you recommend tagging energy weapons and going with that, or are small guns decent enough to keep up? Worth noting that i got a Y32K and i just finished the empire plot.

laclongquan

Arcane
Anyway to get Karma back up quickly?

I doublecross Alexa for the extra 1000 so took a -100 Karma hit. Maybe even more. Also rob her bartender clean which is 450. There are still two rows of graves havent been dug up yet, but I save that for when I need to lower Karma.

Lhynn How about trade those loots for the very expensive manuals back at Little Hub?

epeli

Arcane
You've got standard hires patch features. Just ignore the config exe and edit the config file directly. If you're on a normal DPI 1920x1080 monitor, I suggest running at 1920x1080, x2 scaler, dx9 graphics mode. That way the game interface is roughly the same physical size as originally intended and you get only slightly wider view of your surroundings, not a massive zoom-out with ants running around. Staying at native res means you can alt-tab without resolution switching and the hires patch scaler looks better than monitor/GPU scaling. DX9, in my experience, is the most stable graphics mode. Especially on newer Windows versions.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I agree with what epeli said, except instead of setting the game to 2x scaler, set it to 960x540. That will keep the font from looking fucked up because its a perfect 1:4 pixel mapping onto 1920x1080. You won't split the rendering of the low resolution font and graphics onto anisotropic subpixels, which is what makes low resolution games scaled to high look both blurry and sharp at the same time.

To be clear, in draw.ini set graphics mode to 4 or 5 (5 and playing with borderless gaming is superior for multi monitor users IMO, mouse is still trapped in window until you alt-tab), the resolution to your desktop's native 1920x1080, and GPUBlt=1. That's it for ddraw.

In f2_res.ini, set graphics_mode=0 which passes along game window resolution control to ddraw. Put scale_2x=0, and set the screen resolution to 960 and 540 (600 for :obviously: 16:10 owners). For fullscreen colors, set it to 8, and all the other graphics options are the same. Windowed does not need to be set to 1 in the subsequent options if you're using dx9 windowed mode, ddraw will handle that.

edit: for reference, this is how those settings make the game look:

OBASfmy.jpg

Qk8GdFO.jpg

edit2: This works exactly the same way for Fallout 2, FYI. For Fallout 1, you have to use a much older version of sfall, Crafty's 1.7.6 and I don't believe rendering in a window works - you have to run it fullscreen 960x540/600. That means adding the resolution to your display driver. This is easy on nvidia, harder on amd, either way: google it.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Wear condoms bro.
It's like anecdote:
Man came to the doctor and asks - Doctor, how to protect yourself from AIDS?
Doctor - use condom, even two. Then wrap them with bandages. Then cover with epoxy resin. Bandages again.
And the most important - no sexual intercourse!

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wear condoms bro.

Thanks, that helps now. Screw it, I'll just spread my POZ gift to everyone I can get my positive hands on.
I wonder if that affect that quest with
when you try to find the missing kid in the empire, and one of the option is fuck the guy for information[/fuck]

Also for measly 1200 caps, we can have sex with 3 whores at once in Albuquerque. One of them even commented: " i love how depraved you are"

Black Angel

Arcane
Since I didn't remember if anybody has mentioned this and I'm too lazy to re-read the rest of the thread,

Is there anymore raiders hiding in Lost Town other than the ones hiding underground, led by Damian? I've wiped them all, but there's no new dialogue with Frederyk. Bug or nah?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Is there anymore raiders hiding in Lost Town other than the ones hiding underground, led by Damian? I've wiped them all, but there's no new dialogue with Frederyk. Bug or nah?

There aren't any more, and the game tells you when you've cleared the level. If you got the message and Freddy doesn't have new dialogue, it's a bug.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since I didn't remember if anybody has mentioned this and I'm too lazy to re-read the rest of the thread,

Nope. Just the one in there. Maybe you missed a dude or 2, the ones in lockwr room doesnt aggro automatically and obstructed by tje shelves

opium fiend

Augur
have you guys experienced random item disappearances from inv? From 1 cap to zip gun. I don't think I was a victim of thieves, it happened in 'safe spaces' and between saving/loading. Rat hole so far

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom