Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

mariog

Educated
Problem is: what is Fallout Resurrection?

Fallout 1.5: Resurrection is a mod for Fallout 2, with a completely new story taking place in the Fallout universe. The plot will take place in the time between Fallout 1 and 2, east of the future NCR, therefore roughly in New Mexico. Thus in the game you won’t find the original, but entirely new, creative, locations, which gave us more freedom with the story.

The player’s character wakes up, heavily wounded, in a dark cave, not knowing how it got there, or who it is. Thus you start from a scratch, searching for your past, which is darker than it might seem on the first sight… We won’t give away any more details about the story, not to spoil your game experience. Though you can count on surprising twists in plot and unexpected finale.

As big fans of Fallout we try to take the best from all Fallouts. Easter Eggs and other jokes, with which Fallout 2 was literally overfilled, will retreat to the background and instead, the great atmosphere of decadence and hopelessness, which we all so much enjoyed in the first Fallout, will return. The world is still chaotic, with only small independent communities, which only maintain trade relations. It’s an unfriendly place, where the law is on the side of whoever has a better gun.

The name Resurrection was chosen for two reason. Firstly, resurrection is related to the main character, which at the beginning practically rises from the dead, and secondly, it’s a resurrection of the good old Fallout. We don’t want to add too many new things into the game, or even re-do the whole system. Our aim is to bring this classic back in its original form. Almost everyone remembers the feeling when they first played Fallout. Until you completed the game, you kept going through interesting locations full of fascinating things and even after several plays you kept finding new things. Players could really get into such a game, and that’s exactly the kind of a game we want to create.

valcik

Arcane
The person who wrote that isn't the one doing the translation.
Native English speakers working as translators and proofreaders have been invited much later.

Viata

Arcane
I believe they did a so-so translation then asked for native english speakers to help translation and proofreading once it was easier for them to read it.

Is Resurrection good? Please say it is.
:negative:

FAQ says it has 80 maps, so it is at least big.

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
I played a Google translated version of Resurrection for a while after it first came out. From what I remember, the parts I was able to understand through the horrible translation were pretty good. Stopped playing because I was missing alot and the team had said they will definitely release an English version. I'll definitely be giving this a go when the official translation comes out.

There was also a Google translated version of Fallout of Nevada floating around at one point. FoN is very good. Pretty sure I was nearing the end when the translation broke down completely. I think I needed to talk a major character out of attacking me in order to proceed but the dialogue options were all blank. Too bad that one will never be translated.

eXalted

Arcane
Nice! Just in time when I thought of completing Fallout 2 again with the Weapons Redone (ammo scarcity on max).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From the Codex inbox:

Dear RPG Codex,

I would like to inform you about our project called Fallout 1.5: Resurrection. It's a modification for Fallout 2 (yes, for that old game) with a completely new story taking place in the Fallout universe. Simply said, it's like new old-school Fallout, emphasizing multiple approaches to quest solving and various styles of gameplay. Fallout 1.5: Resurrection will be released in next few days, on July 15, 2016.

Starting out as an enthusiastic idea based on our wish to create our own Fallout game, we ended up working on it for over 10 years in our spare time, and released it in 2013 in Czech (our native language), to critical acclaim. After that we worked two-and-a-half years on the English translation so that the English-speaking world could finally enjoy our game as well.

If you wish to know more, check out our trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL716Z1J7cw - or our page - http://resurrection.cz/en

Best regards
Václav "Daemon" Panoš

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I find this choice of words disturbing.

You don't need to be disturbed, people on this forum have played it in Czech and it seems okay. (For some reason, until now this mod has always been discussed in the threads of other mods)

hivemind

should I play this in czech or english ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom