Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fallen: A2P Protocol

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1228828169/fallen-a2p-protocol/

http://www.fallena2p.com

ce2fd1f3648e72ac11f7ed839aca80da_large.jpg

Turn-based tactical combat and strategy game set in a rich post-apocalyptic world paying homage to classics like X-COM and Fallout.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1228828169/fallen-a2p-protocol/

• Would-be survivors must master strategic planning and employ a wide range of turn-based tactical combat factors, including destructible environments and limited ammunition
  • A vast and inhospitable world, complete with hostile weather and vision-impairing day-night cycles, requires careful exploration to recruit allies and gather scarce resources
  • Character progression and customization, as well as armor and weapon upgrades, showcase player-focused RPG elements and offer a high replay value
  • A dark, dystopian lore provides a rich backstory to create a world in which the player’s actions have lasting impact, with the fate of humanity determined by their personal choices and combat capabilities
:yeah::fuuyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Will show interest when it hit release stage.
There was some fishy events aroung post apo games that weren't even released... oh wait, there was one released in alpha stage but abandoned after that. About some fortress with last remnants and use plastic looking people that you usually meet in modern clubs.

Overboard

Arcane
I thought this looked more interesting than Hard West when both were posted in the Kickstarter thread, backed but I don't expect something groundbreaking.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's okay. Not very impressive so far, but then it is in early access / alpha-stage. It is showing some potential I guess, but I'm not expecting a master piece.

ArchAngel

Arcane
From what I read this would fit more into RPG General than Strategy. It is as much a RPG as Blackguards

agris

Arcane
Patron
I briefly read some reviews and comments and it sounds like this game has good bones but is still unfinished. Anyone following it who knows more? Do the devs communicate with the community and have they pledged post-release support? It looks like English isn't their first language so I can't imagine their community forums are either.

There's a good bit of good. Probably could have used some time beta testing the final build for balance and bugs, but it's not bad. Difficulty seems to have jumped a bit.

Played it some more. It's a good bit harder. A lot of variety in weapons. Tactical options are fairly limited though, mainly because the "no enemies until you see them" thing. Changing that one item would make this game about 40 times better (as well as having access to replacement troops to increase mortality).

Painfully mediocre. Had potential, but it's just... bland.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom