Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Facts about Gabe Newell

Bony

Learned
Queued
Gabe Newell:
- Dropped out of Harvard and spent thirteen years working for Microsoft
- Funded Valve in 1996 and used his money to develop first Valve game 'Half-life' in 1998.
- Gabe said that developing processes for the console in general was 'a waste of everybody's time' and 'a disaster on many levels'
- In 2010 Portal 2 was announced on PS3 to be 'the best version for any console.'
- Newell has criticized the Xbox live service, referring to it as 'a train wreck'
- He referred to windows 8 as a 'catastrophe'
- In December 2010, Forbes named Newell as 'A Name You Should Know'
- He is ranked as 854th out of 1,226 global billionaires
- Newell described himself as a 'producer on the first three releases of Windows'
- His favourite games are Super Mario 64, Doom, Star Trek. Doom convinced him that video games were the future of entertainment, and Super Mario 64 convinced him that video games were art.
- He suffered from Fuchs dystrophy, a congenital disease which affects the cornea, but was cured by two cornea transplants in 2006 and 2007

Dexter

Arcane
- Newell has described himself as "producer on the first three releases of Windows".
- He has an extensive knife collection
23LNT.jpg

halflife30114-610.jpg

Deleted member 7219

You may call him fat, but you probably wouldn't want to take him on in a knife fight.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
newb knife collection

Deleted member 7219

Gabe Newell did all the mocap for this scene in Resident Evil 4:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
- Gabe said that developing processes for the console in general was 'a waste of everybody's time' and 'a disaster on many levels'

It is and he is right; I have been saying that for a long time: Modern consoles only exist because their creators heavily subsidised the market, especially in the beginning and especially Microsoft. In fact Microsoft paved the way by re-using the same business tactics they used to push Windows into it's position pack in the 90s. Microsoft bought up complete development studios and had them churning out 'exclusive titles' that were unheard of on consoles (shooters? on a console? you must be joking!) while injecting their usual FUD into the gaming industry/journalism, who gobbled it up like the receptive little bitches they are (obviously launching it with some financial streams). Am I really the only one who back in 2000 opened their prestigious gaming magazine of their choice and went completely "WTF? where did this come from?" about literally "consoles taking over the world"? Followed by a large scale destruction and degradation of standards within the industry. Microsoft at work, ladies and gentlemen. We call it destruction and mayhem, for them it is just business as usual.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Is "worshipping" him the same people do "ironically" like some people do with this My Little Pony shit? Else I can't understand the cult of personality for this guy.

Xavier0889

Learned
Super Mario 64 convinced him that video games were art.

I wonder why so many people consider this game as a work of art.
It was ugly (both gameplay and artistic-wise) even on day 1.
At least Ocarina of Time was funnier.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"(If you deny this, just wait until the next Steam Sale)"

The only shit I wait for is a Codex post. I have never used this thing you call 'Steam Sale'... is this where they sell steam in plastic bags? I heard of those... I'll pass. :)

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I'm shocked there's no food ordering service built into steam.

/pizza !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom