Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

F2 RP 2.1.2b

Exmit

Scholar
yea 2.1.2b is out for some time now

'New Content:

• New playable character type - Bald Dude!' + bug fixes as always

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewto ... 4a4200d73e

just informing if someone wants to give f2 a go again

Exmit

Scholar
71438731.jpg

Unwanted

Scream Phoenix

Unwanted
This will be my first ever time playing F2 with the restoration mod...addon...thing.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Is this still a restoration pack or has it finally drifted into "let me add shit I think is cool" territory?

Exmit

Scholar
Restoration with optional tweaks to install if you want (like animated smoke , ammo changes , hi res gfx, npc armor etc)

Melcar

Arcane
Does the RP work on WINE yet? It´s Fallout, so I don´t mind booting into that other OS, but I´m growing old for that shit.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"wmAreaInit::Error loading cities!"
wine-1.3.6
restoration patch 2.1.1 (old)

For what it is worth, i think the error is the resolution patch - that unfortunately is obligatory for the restoration patch (not the unofficial patch - that works).

Fucking mappers.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
timeslip says:
The city patch is applied via sfall in 1.2. You need to set wine to use the native/built in version of ddraw.dll, or sfall won't load.

Just like morrowind oh boy.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Ok create a script with these contents on the root of your restoration pack installed fallout2 (be careful, the installer of the restoration pack defaults to the wrong dir and after you choose a dir in the file chooser (remove the additional newfolder)):

#!/bin/bash
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="d3d9=n,b;ddraw=n,b" wine "Fallout2.exe"

Tried it until the temple of trials. Feels sluggish though. I dunno if the d3d9=n,b; is needed. Gonna try without.

Edit: doesn't seem to be needed:

#!/bin/bash
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ddraw=n,b" wine "Fallout2.exe"

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Andyman Messiah said:
I now fully expect to see Sephiroth's hairstyle next update.

And his sword!

But it does look nice, at least some customization cant hurt.

Exmit

Scholar
uh it's not realy modding , because all of that was in-game already with NPCs , now you just can use it. it's what it says it is, a RESTORATION project - not a mod that changes it to sephiroth hair.

Exmit

Scholar
This particular bit yea , but there are like 8 locations that were not in f2 , quests and bugs fixed

empi

Augur
I hate to say it but I never replay FO2 with the restoration project for some very simple reasons. FO2 already had enough content, not to mention enough silly, "lets put it in cos it sounds fun" content. A number of the restorations were left out of the vanilla game because they didn't fit the world, and didn't deserve to go into the game. If I was to make a FO2 mod, I would probably do the exact opposite of adding long lost content. I would try and refine what was already there, remove many easter eggs, attempt to fix New Reno etc. That would excite me.

So yeah, I just want to warn you, this mod was definitely not for me. Collecting rocks and spears for some tribe was not my idea of fun, especially when backed up with sub-par writing, a probably for nearly all modding.

Exmit

Scholar
215122590.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom