Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Extra Pack for the Unofficial Arcanum Patch [Discontinued]

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Whispering Darkness said:
How is Virgil using a gun so well? Did you edit his stats?
He's a Firearms Master in this video.

The Vanished One said:
I like the new effects, although I can't remember the old ones. Only one thing... the explosion at 0.24 sounds a little strange. Is it supposed to be like that? Note that I'm not an expert, so I don't know whether it's realistic or not.
When an explosion occurs, the engine plays the sound at all affected objects. So sometimes explosions sound too loud or even echo. This can't be helped, I'm afraid. This particular sound plays a bit clearer at 1:08.

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
They sound great, is there any chance that you could also change the sword, axe and club swinging sounds as well? Maybe you could borrow some sounds from oblivion, they were pretty decent and varied.

I also noticed you found idle animations as well... they repeat too often in that video but adding them in could really improve detail in the game.

EDIT: meant Virgil fixing his gloves

Tails

Arbiter
Guns & exploding sounds are nice. As Wilco posted, new sounds for melee weapons would be cool to...
Btw. First the Blacksmith idle animation, now Virgil fixing/using(?) something... is there more unused animations?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Another pending change.

It's a small change, but I think it would be interesting. I've fixed the blacksmith's palettes, here's a comparison, the original palettes are on top.
blacksmith_palettes.png

Looks like they never bothered to palette the guy properly. Anyway, only the first palette is used in the game (the second one is used in Vormantown, though, and it does look ridiculous there). So, basically all blacksmiths in the game look the same. I was thinking about adding these fixed palettes to the game, for example:

Lloyd Gurloes (Shrouded Hills) - the default palette
The smith in Roseborough - the second one (red pants)
Richard Leeks (Stillwater) - the third one (dark blue pants)
The foreman in the factory with orcs in Tarant - the fourth one (brown pants)

What do you guys think?

Circuitous

Novice
Clearly Drog is unfamiliar with the wide variety of skin conditions that plagued Industrialized Arcanum.

So wait is this why all the Orcs look stupid too?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom