Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Extended Cut: Mass Effect 3 Ending DLC Announced

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 3; Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut

Oh my, ending DLC for Mass Effect 3 announced, to be released this summer! Talk about a surprise. Called Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut, no less. Does that mean it expands on whatever was cut from the game? So much intrigue. Summer can't come soon enough.

For now, a FAQ for the DLC has been published on Bioware blog:

What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?

For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard’s journey.

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?

No. BioWare strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?

BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

When will the Extended Cut DLC be available?

Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.

Why are you releasing the Extended Cut DLC?

Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard’s story.​

For even more exciting bullshit, feel free to visit a dedicated Bioware Social Network thread.

SoupNazi

Even though we deeply believe our artistic vision, we kind of admit it all sucked donkey balls.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I liked the ending I got.
everybody dies
I thought it was very fitting, considering how much I disliked pretty much every character.

Drowed

Arcane
IWant_To_Be_ADragon.jpg

But seriously. How will they do something that will make the retarded god-child and space-magic works?

The answer is, they won't.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
To be honest, I finished MY Sheperd Trilogy and it over. They utterly runied ME3 buy spending all that money on MP which should have soley been spent on the SP game.

That worked really well didn't it EA.

Anyways Goodbye BioWare. You are basically a dead company now.

Bulba

Learned
So now they are not even selling a game, but some sort of movie? We will soon find out how many retards in this world are preperared to spend their money on crappy computer cinematic.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard’s journey.​

BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences.​

Biodrones: SHIT ENDING NO GOODBYE KISS WITH WAIFU THIS IS THE GREATEST INJUSTICE SINCE THE HOLOCAUST EA IS THE WORST COMPANY IN AMERICA WHY CAN'T I SAY GOODBYE TO TALI WHEN MY PARAGON BAR IS MAXED ;_;

EA Bioware: BRB, browsing DeviantArt accounts for 'inspiration' then making goodbye kiss cinematics

Biodrones: :bounce:

Stabwound

Arcane
You asked for it and now you got it! Ending DLC!

I can only imagine a bunch of 80 year old men rubbing their hands together and laughing maniacally at the outcry about the ending of the game.

ElectricOtter

The DLC is going to be free, though, so this is just Bioware frantically trying to salvage some of their customer base. I still can't imagine them saving that shitfest of an ending without a complete rewrite. There is only so much clarification can fix.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
How much do you want to bet that the Extended Cut will be shitter than the default ending? At least people can enter denial mode and dream about the Indoctrination Theory.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
FUCK THE HATERS!

I liked the ending.

If you liked the ending to Mass Effect 3 and aren't trying to grasp desperately onto the Indoctrination Theory, you probably think Oblivion/Skyrim are RPGs.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The DLC is going to be free, though, so this is just Bioware frantically trying to salvage some of their customer base.
Bioware said:
BioWare strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise.
You know, I'm amazed at how they manage to be insultingly condescending to the very customer base they're trying to salvage, WHILE they're trying to salvage. Though said base will probably just slurp it all up anyway at this point.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Just FYI "The Team" did not work on the ending. Only Casey Hudson and the Lead Writer did.

Still, I liked the ending. People are morans.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, those 'morans' are your fellow ME series lovers~

waywardOne

Arcane
No one's saying you can't like it, but that doesn't make it good art redeemable not suck.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well, those 'morans' are your fellow ME series lovers~

To be honest, as the #1 MASS EFFECT FAN OF THE CODEX, I finally took my diamond studded tiara off. And threw it in the garbage. EA's Management and Marketing department utterly ruined The last of the Mass Effect Trilogy. Every single penny spent on the Multi-Player should have all been diverted to the Single Player Game. But that is not "what sells" and makes the "share holders happy" for EA. They completely ruined the entire series (except for the stuff Weekes wrote which honestly is the best stuff, just like the last ME2) in concentrating on Multi-Player. Because That's what people like! And sells!

I bought Mass Effect 3 to finish MY Shepard (who had NO romances) and with the ending, I was satisfied. Shepard did what he needed to do, and then WHAT IN THE FUCK.

Loved it.

That said, EA and it's marketing department have entirely killed the Mass Effect series, with "what sells!"! I finished The trilogy and now will never purchase or look forward to any BioWare game. EA has now fostered an environment to successfully destroy BioWare from the inside and is slowly killing it. Like they do with all Development houses they acquire.

EA. EA never changes. Farewell BioWare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom