Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Viking, the sequel to Expeditions: Conquistador

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Devs will announce the sequel to Expeditions: Conquistador next week: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2128128298/expeditions-conquistador/posts/1223827

GUESS THE NEXT EXPEDITIONS

We’re going on a new Expedition! It has been two glorious years since the release of our Historical RPG Expeditions: Conquistador and to you, our wonderful community of Kickstarter backers and players we are pleased to announce a Sequel!

Yes friends, it’s time again to gather a party of allies and explore new lands in search of riches, fame, and adventure. The question on the forefront of your minds might be, but where? Or more appropriately, when?!? Our official announcement will come next week, but until then, you are invited to have some fun with us and GUESS THE NEXT EXPEDITIONS on Facebook and Twitter!

For your efforts you will be rewarded handsomely with an exclusive invitation to our closed BETA! Please limit your guess to 1 per person.

To participate:

On Twitter: follow us @LogicArtists and RT our post with your guess and the hashtag #expeditionsnext

https://twitter.com/logicartists

On Facebook: On Facebook like our new Expeditions Series page and comment on the GUESS THE NEXT EXPEDITIONS Post:

https://www.facebook.com/ExpeditionsSeries

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I know what it is.
Should I enter the contest?

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cool! I'm glad Logic Artists are still with us, I loved ExConq.

I'm guessing Israel during the crusades will be the next game.

Zann

Cipher
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Something El Borak-y in turn-of-the-century Central Asia would be nice. I want a zoomburuk in a game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I guess I'm in the minority but I didn't find the game anything special. Not to say it was bad but I got bored of it after five or six hours. All of the mechanics were a bit too simplistic for my tastes.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I rather enjoyed it. It would be interesting to do a silk road-type expedition, or an expedition into africa. Without knowing what period of history they want to deal with, it's hard to guess. There's so many cross-cultural contacts throughout history.

I suppose europeans / N. American colonists interacting with the native americans is probably the closest to what they've already done, and familiar to their audience at large. Lewis and Clark wouldn't work because it wasn't militarized, but you could play as a pre-Jamestown expeditionary force.

edit: the expansion into central and western north america around 1850 would also work, and shift the technology level more significantly than 17th century Jamestown.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I rather enjoyed it. It would be interesting to do a silk road-type expedition, or an expedition into africa. Without knowing what period of history they want to deal with, it's hard to guess. There's so many cross-cultural contacts throughout history.

I suppose europeans / N. American colonists interacting with the native americans is probably the closest to what they've already done, and familiar to their audience at large. Lewis and Clark wouldn't work because it wasn't militarized, but you could play as a pre-Jamestown expeditionary force.
I would like conquering of native americans after USA became a free country :D And they can kind of introduce shamanic magic a bit :)

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Loved this game. I can't wait for the sequel. I really don't care where the game takes place. These guys earned my trust enough to know they'll release a good game.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
When the hell are they going to make the announcement? It's been a week since the post now.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Expeditions: Viking announced:

:what:

Jesus christ, who the hell hired that woman to narrate,it's like she doesn't have any teeth in front or she must have the biggest gap known to world...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom