Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Expeditions: Viking Previews & Interviews

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by Infinitron, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Make America Great Again Maxwell's Demon Arcane

Maxwell's Demon
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Vikings looks quite a bit more interesting than I first thought. I just subscribed to the newsletter.

^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/404583/20+minutes+of+gameplay+from+Expeditions+Viking/

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    This is a franchise that deserves to exist.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Eirikur Arcane Patron

Eirikur
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    God damn it.

From their most recent newsletter:

It's been contaminated! Abort, abort!

:dead:

He really does hate fun.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Atomical Logic Artists Developer

Atomical
    Parrots:
    My Bow skills are so weak, when I asked him what kind of character he wanted to make I was really hoping he would say fighter... but alas, I got pwnd. Hope y'all enjoyed it!

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Jack Dandy Arcane

Jack Dandy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    More enemy types - great!

^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Atomical Logic Artists Developer

Atomical
    Parrots:
    My voice no longer matches my beard...

^ Top  
  10. Atomical Logic Artists Developer

Atomical
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    ReadyUpVideo has posted an interview with Alex from EGX Rezzed on their youtube channel, overlaid with lots of gameplay footage. Check it out:

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    The description says it's from EGX Rezzed.

^ Top  
  14. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    Sorry, my bad.

EDIT: Should be fixed now.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    ^ Top  
  15. Neanderthal Arcane

Neanderthal
    Parrots:
    Damn this is soundin good, more RPG elements than most CRPGs use now an all. Can't wait.

^ Top  
  16. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    On their YouTube channel, anyway:

They don't seem to have published their preview yet.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Here's the preview: https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/expeditions--viking-preview-389.html

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/13/expeditions-viking-release-date/

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. muds_animal_friend Arcane Patron

muds_animal_friend
    Parrots:
    Sounds pretty fucking fantasy filled to me.

^ Top  
  20. retamar Educated

retamar
    Parrots:
    "The turn-based, faintly Jagged Alliancey combat is serviceable too. It feels a bit wooden and bloodless..."
    This sounds very familiar to me, the combat on the first expeditions had the exact same problem, I have not followed closely the development of this game, but feels like they have been listening a lot to peoples feeedback, I hope they tweak the combat a litle bit and make it more substantial.
    In Conquistador, combat had a tendency to the boring side, the extremely limited options regarding items and skills are to blame.

RPS preview is just a big pile of shit, not even talking about the propaganda spread all over the place, but the article itself is pure garbage.

^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Atomical Logic Artists Developer

Atomical
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Skipped through a few of the videos. The Scandinavian gameplay looks quite Baldur's Gate-y (not in a bad way) although I haven't seen one use of rest yet. Is that function limited to England or something ?

^ Top  
  24. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    Resting is for staving off fatigue (and feeding your people), as well as crafting, tinkering, repairing, etc. A lot of these features were not in the preview build. In the final game you'll be able to do all of it in both campaigns.

^ Top  
  25. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/columns/viking-choice-and-consequence-in-the-frozen-wilds-1000011349

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)