Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Viking Makes Landfall On April 27th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Expeditions: Viking; Logic Artists

After the last newsletter, I figured Expeditions: Viking was going to be delayed, and sure enough, the Logic Artists published an update on the game's Steam community page today confirming a new release date of April 27th. I guess that's not too bad. Here's what the update says:

15470.jpg

Danish indie studio Logic Artists along with distribution partners EuroVideo and IMGN.PRO are announcing that Expeditions: Viking, the highly anticipated sequel to Expeditions: Conquistador, is scheduled for release on April 27th, 2017.

After the warm welcome of Expeditions: Conquistador - Logic Artists’ PC debut title, the developers are finally ready to do it again four years later with a long awaited sequel. Logic Artists is pleased to announce April 27th as the release date of Expeditions: Viking.

Expeditions: Viking features a branching dialogue system that allows the game to manage and react to player choices. We initially estimated a word count of 200,000, but we’ve decided to increase it by an additional 80,000 words to provide players with more content and give them more options and choices on how they progress through the story. Said Ali Emek, Expeditions: Viking Producer.

With that amount of content, managing localization takes more time. We think it’s worth it to make the game accessible to international audience. That’s why we’ve arranged a number of language localizations, so from day one players will be able to enjoy Expeditions: Viking in English, French, German, Polish, and Russian. Emek added.

In addition to this, Logic Artists stated that additional development time will allow them to tweak and balance combat gameplay, implementing new special abilities to the most interesting villains and will also include added flavor and improvements to Expeditions: Viking’s animations.

We received great feedback from the testers after our last closed beta session, and rescheduling the release a bit is allowing us to spend our final weeks of development on improving usability and addressing the bugs reported during the beta test. - Emek adds.

More information about the game can be found on the official website www.expeditionsseries.com where folks can sign up to the official newsletter where they can learn more about the game every month, gain access to the the final closed Beta test, and receive special release week rewards!
Hoping to see more Codexers opt in for the beta this time. I'm sure the game could use some of our love.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I feel a bit bad for not checking out the beta since I got access. Played an hour or two in one of the very early rounds, but not since then.

Late april seems like a pretty good release date though, no real releases in april and about a week ahead of the sure to grab all attention PREY.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah that sounds good. My main issue with the beta was the area map usability, which hopefully will be addressed. General difficulty was also a bit out-fo-wack (way 2 ez).

Looking forward to the next beta

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah that sounds good. My main issue with the beta was the area map usability, which hopefully will be addressed. General difficulty was also a bit out-fo-wack (way 2 ez).

Looking forward to the next beta

Please keep us updated on that difficulty!

Ash

Arcane
Ha, the panoramic slaughter reveal pic. That caught my eye. Damn marketing doing as intended!

General difficulty was also a bit out-fo-wack (way 2 ez).

:decline:

Challenge is a core component and necessity of a game, unless it's pure sandbox mediocrity.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Challenge is a core component and necessity of a game, unless it's pure sandbox mediocrity.
In the beta I played, after each fight you'd get a "how difficult was this on a scale of 1 to 5?" popup. I think I always chose one or two. But they also had not implemented any difficulity settings yet iirc, so the whole game might have been set to babby game journalist mode.

Ash

Arcane
In the beta I played, after each fight you'd get a "how difficult was this on a scale of 1 to 5?" popup. I think I always chose one or two. But they also had not implemented any difficulity settings yet iirc, so the whole game might have been set to babby game journalist mode.

Well, it's also the beginning of the game (presumably) so it should sensibly start relatively easy. But preferably 3/5 easy, not 1 or 2.

daveyd

Savant
I can't wait to rape and pillage!

Ah, who am I kidding? For my first run I'll probably play as a chivalrous hippie viking who opts for peaceful diplomacy whenever possible and only kills truly evil bastards as self-defense or a last resort. But I love that the game will give me options and replay value.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom