Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Expeditions: Viking Interview and Gameplay Snippets at GlitchFeed

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Alex Mintsioulis; Expeditions: Viking; Logic Artists

There have been a few more written previews of Expeditions: Viking since PAX East, such as this one at MMORPG.com, but there's still no proper footage of the game's new demo. The best thing for now is this interview with Alex Mintsioulis at a YouTube channel called GlitchFeed, which contains a few disjointed snippets of gameplay. Check it out:

The characters look better to me than they did in the videos from GDC. Maybe it's the lighting.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
This looks pretty cool and I like their approach, the perfect match for the Vikings series. I wonder how open the campaign is, do we have to collect plot token until a pre-defined ending or is it much more dynamic. That said, I feel the interviewer would have preferred to be anywhere else than there. Also starting with calling this an action RPG, not good

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Hi. Can anyone point me to the gameplay mechanics details? Thanks!

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
I think some of the dev frequent this forum, right? Maybe we can ask them?

Atomical

Logic Artists
Developer
This looks pretty cool and I like their approach, the perfect match for the Vikings series. I wonder how open the campaign is, do we have to collect plot token until a pre-defined ending or is it much more dynamic. That said, I feel the interviewer would have preferred to be anywhere else than there. Also starting with calling this an action RPG, not good

Aww, he really did love playing the demo, I think my beard (+2 Cha) was overwhelming and intimidating.

Regarding progression, the game basically works around the concept that all of the Norse leaders including the King will meet at the upcoming Althing, a leadership meeting where grievances are aired and laws passed. Players must attain as much wealth and glory as they can before the Althing. Though these will not be the only points a player will be judged on.

You will also be weighed on other elements of how the game was played, Who are your allies? Do your followers even like you? And so on. Time advances by moving over the campaign maps, or sailing back and forth to and from England. And we're still working out how much in-game time will pass before this event happens.

Sure, we have an Expeditions forum, you can go there and ask whatever you want: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/expeditions.101/

Yep, come on over to the Expeditions Forum anytime and start a thread! We're here to chat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom