Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Expeditions: Viking goes gold, gets price tag and teaser trailer

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Ali Emek; Expeditions: Conquistador; Expeditions: Viking; Jonas Wæver; Logic Artists

Hey, what do you know. Time has flown by, and suddenly Expeditions: Viking is coming out next week. The Logic Artists have published a press release announcing that the game has gone gold (whatever that means these days) and that its price on release will be $30, with a $35 Deluxe Edition. The announcement also includes a (very) short teaser trailer. Since I love all trailers, I'll post the entire thing here:

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (April 20, 2017) — Logic Artists is pleased to confirm that its much-anticipated release of Expeditions: Viking is on schedule for April 27, 2017. The studio announced this morning that the Gold Version milestone has been reached.

To celebrate, Logic Artists is running a Free Weekend on Steam for its first title in the Expeditions Series – Expeditions: Conquistador. April 21st, 10am PDT.

With the game now out in the hands of the media for review access, the path is set and Expeditions: Viking will be available for purchase in stores and online next week.

Logic Artists Producer Ali Emek says, “After two years of development, we are on track toward our studio’s best release so far. Expeditions: Viking is now feature complete and we’ll be spending the last month of development tightening the screws and polishing the release build, improving on our performance capabilities, and (with the assistance of a large community of closed beta testers) squashing the remaining bugs.”

Creative Director Jonas Waever adds, “It’s been a real journey, and with the positive feedback from our recent trip to PAX East and from our closed beta, we’re excited to get Expeditions: Viking into our players’ hands. And to celebrate the coming release of our second game in the Expeditions Series we’re giving players a free weekend with Expeditions: Conquistador to get ready for Viking.”

Expeditions: Viking releases April 27, 2017 and will cost 29.99 USD/29.99 EUR/24.99 GBP/499 RUB

The Deluxe Edition includes a digital artbook, the original soundtrack by award-winning composer Knut Avenstroup Haugen (Age of Conan, Lords of the Fallen), and the Blood-Ice DLC. The Deluxe Edition will cost 34.99 USD/34.99 EUR/28.99 GBP/650 RUB​

Blood-Ice DLC, eh? I wonder what that's about.

• Excited! x 13
    • Brofist x 10
    • nice x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Keen up

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again AN4RCHID Arcane

AN4RCHID
    Parrots:
    This looks rad

:d1p:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Terra Barely Literate

Terra
    Parrots:
    Nice, been looking forward to this, liked what I played of the betas, minor camera quibbles aside.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. ArtB Savant Patron

ArtB
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It's gonna be on GOG, right?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Jack Dandy Arcane

Jack Dandy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Fantastic!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Mark Richard Learned

Mark Richard
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Trash Don't trust the grinning loon.

Trash
    Parrots:
    Can't wait. If I recall correctly they spoke about a special sword called blodiss as a giftcard on their PCGWorld stand, Infinitron. So, just some piece of premium equipment as a pre-order dlc.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. jaydee2k Educated

jaydee2k
    Parrots:
    GOG release so a day one for me :greatjob:
    This will be amazing.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Ah I see. Newsletter subscribers (like me) are getting it for free too. :cool:

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Apan Savant Patron

Apan
    Parrots:
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Where do I sign up? Still on offer?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Atomical Logic Artists Developer

Atomical
    Parrots:
    Indeed you are! We will send codes for those out early next week for the newsletter subs. So folks that haven't signed up to the newsletter you have little precious time to sign up!

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Oh, it's not too late? How generous of you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Cadmus Arcane

Cadmus
    Parrots:
    Good luck. Gonna wait a few months till you guys patch it up and it is actually complete. The beta was kind of disappointing in many respects - camera, looting, the setting and I think something else also put me off. Also I'm burned out from Battle Brothers so I got no reason to hurry with this.

^ Top  
  15. Sranchammer Arcane

Sranchammer
    Parrots:
    I'll wait until they add a more diverse cast of characters. It's a little too white, right now, and honestly we don't need that in 2017.

• Funny x 9
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Belegarsson Learned

Belegarsson
    Parrots:
    Hey, just wondering can you guys release the background pic in this loading screen as a wallpaper? Pretty please :love:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    We'll be making a small wallpaper pack for GOG and be sure to include that one.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Gecos Educated

Gecos
    Parrots:
    In a world full of ~$70 turds it's refreshing to see such a promising game at half that price.

^ Top  
  19. NorthLurker Educated Patron

NorthLurker
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    i cant wait

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hyped af

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Saduj Arcane

Saduj
    Parrots:
  22. HoboForEternity Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
  23. Jinn Augur

Jinn
    Parrots:
    I'm very excited for this game! Deserves a lot more attention than it's been getting it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. veevoir Klytus, I'm bored Patron

veevoir
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Well this is suprising. I like good news out of nowhere, time to start eating ramen to save some $$

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. jungl Learned

jungl
    Parrots:
    Hopefully we can roleplay a religious fanatic viking that later encounters muslims and converts to their religion and also transition to the first viking/muslim trans by sucking on the cunts of pregnant female. I saw this all on history channels vikings.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Shit Shit x 4
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)