Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Viking Beta

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
fK_qWnks3nibCdS4T25R7ptPR1_XEuETZHRklESI6xoelMByj4EOsjS8S16H2zkDPlWPHG2xloe3hUijOiaRVpMGp68qRokyb0E6olkjotAWHvue3RSnqEtMR1Vu2h-fM7bco-JzgnVgse18B7YBgxYLMt6sS1iPQuvJKZY=s0-d-e1-ft
Expeditions: Viking December BETA PASS!
Greetings to you friends! The time has finally come for the Expeditions: Viking Winter Holiday Closed Beta. Hooray!

Plans are to run the beta from the 15th of December 2016 - 12th of January 2017. We hope to patch the build a few times during this test session so the sooner you can report issues and suggestions, the sooner we can put out a better build for everyone to check out.

PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING

Build Status

• This is a closed beta. It is not intended for media.

• The first campaign (Denmark) is complete including tutorials though random events are still missing.

• The second campaign (Britain) only has a couple of hours of gameplay along the Northumbria and Pict Quest Lines.
    • Players can start the second campaign immediately and will be given access to create their character and build their party before starting the campaign.
      • Players will have to create not only their character but a number of mercenaries to fill out their ship’s crew.
    • The player’s ship will land in Scarborough which is a ready to play region.

• Can move on to York and Perth and complete the main story quests in those areas.
Beta Test Goals

1. Report Bugs in the Support forum. http://steamcommunity.com/app/445190/discussions/2/

Please read the “how to report bugs” Post here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/445190/discussions/2/355043117522122847/

2. Provide feedback in the Beta Discussion forums:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/445190/discussions/1/

Provide feedback on:
    1. The available content in the Britain Campaign

2. The Tutorials

3. The flow and experience of the Denmark Campaign

4. Combat

5. Usability

See you on the Steam forums!

Cheers,

Logic Artists

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
fK_qWnks3nibCdS4T25R7ptPR1_XEuETZHRklESI6xoelMByj4EOsjS8S16H2zkDPlWPHG2xloe3hUijOiaRVpMGp68qRokyb0E6olkjotAWHvue3RSnqEtMR1Vu2h-fM7bco-JzgnVgse18B7YBgxYLMt6sS1iPQuvJKZY=s0-d-e1-ft
Expeditions: Viking March BETA PASS!
Welcome to the closed Beta Viking community! A special hello to those of you we met at PAX East on the weekend. Development Ragnarok is just around the corner and we need all of our bravest warriors. The gates are open! Redeem the code below on Steam to start the final Expeditions: Viking Beta!

Plans are to run the beta for the next two weeks. We hope to patch the build a few times during this test session so the sooner you can report issues on the Steam forums, the sooner we can put out a newer and better build for everyone. Hooray for teamwork!

YOUTUBE/TWITCH/MEDIA PEOPLE

Please do not stream or make videos of the closed beta until next Friday, that will give us a chance to iron out some of the kinks. After that, go bananas, and feel free to let us know about your coverage, you can hit us up on Facebook or Twitter: @LogicArtists or you can reply to this email.

PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING

Build Status

• This is a closed beta. Until next Friday the 24th of March please refrain from making any videos or streaming content. Thanks!
  • Do not load old saved games, unfortunately because of a number of changes made to the campaign and quest logic, loading old saved games is likely to break the game logic and present players with bugs that otherwise do not exist!
  • Pressing "Esc" in the Victory/Defeat window will crash today's build. It will be updated in the next few days.
  • The first campaign (Denmark) is complete and has a number of new elements.

• The second campaign has quite a lot of gameplay along the Northumbria and Pict Quest Lines.

Beta Test Goals

Note: these links are currently only for Beta testers. They are not accessible unless you are logged into Steam and have an active Beta code.

1. Report Bugs in the Support forum. http://steamcommunity.com/app/445190/discussions/2/

Please read the “how to report bugs” Post here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/445190/discussions/2/355043117522122847/

2. Provide feedback in the Beta Discussion forums:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/445190/discussions/1/

Provide feedback on:
    1. The available content in the Britain Campaign

2. The Tutorials

3. The flow and experience of the Denmark Campaign

4. Combat

5. Usability

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I haven't had much time to play the new beta. I find it buggier than before, but they mostly fixed up my issues with the area map. The AI has been improved quite a bit and now battles are too hard, I tried progressing on insane but I can't even get out of the tutorial (well, technically I could but I reload if I lose a fight).

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I haven't had much time to play the new beta. I find it buggier than before, but they mostly fixed up my issues with the area map. The AI has been improved quite a bit and now battles are too hard, I tried progressing on insane but I can't even get out of the tutorial (well, technically I could but I reload if I lose a fight).

An update on the 'too hard' - they removed an enemy from each wave of one of the survive for 10 turns fights and that made it a lot easier, and the fight after can be beaten through smart positioning before the fight occurs. The 3 guys can KO you sometimes, so you've got to sneak to the south side and begin the fight behind a barrel so they can't reach you in the first turn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom