Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador Sequel Announced

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Expeditions: Antarctica; are you a bad enough dude to take down the Emperor Penguin
I would also play expeditions: mountains of madness

Last edited:

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Expeditions: Slavery; you are a ship captain going in Africa to find some quality black people to sell to the white folks back home.
On a serious note thought, I expect something like Expeditions: Heart of Africa where you go up the Congo or another great river and get in the local politics between the new white man and existing tribes. Maybe even get to find some ancient african civilization from which all mankind appeared.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Tune.

I enjoyed my time with the game, though I did not finish as it was running quite poorly on my laptop and I was getting sick of the stuttering. Last thing I remember was pissing off some savage town and needing to flee, may have taken the chief's wife or daughter with me. Good times. Hope to get back to it at some point.

I do hope they go with a fog of war for the next one, rather than the fixed camera. Spent an annoying amount of time spinning it around to try to see as far as possible to work out if it was worth spending move points on going in this or that direction. Fog of war with unlocked camera would feel far better.

ironyuri

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
I do hope they go with a fog of war for the next one, rather than the fixed camera. Spent an annoying amount of time spinning it around to try to see as far as possible to work out if it was worth spending move points on going in this or that direction. Fog of war with unlocked camera would feel far better.

This is the plan so far. Obviously it's still early and things can change, but this is definitely one of the things we're pushing for this time around.

M0RBUS

Augur
Portugal was a country of about a million people in its golden era after the Reconquista, that fact it discovered half the world by itself is an astonishing accomplishment. Even today it only has about what 10 million people? Staying power was hard to get, and the defeat at Ksar-el-Kebir just complicated matters. Blind nationalism is stupid I agree, but a bit of pride and exceptionalism does not hurt, its better than self loathing.
While I see your views as pretty reasonable, don't mistake my take on Portugal's history as self loathing. I have nothing to do with the deeds of my ancestors and while I'm glad of the nice things they did, I don't pretend to deserve any more credit for them than anybody else from outside Portugal.

That said, it's pretty cool that basically the deadliest ocean animal is named after our manowars. Portuguese navy, back in the day, was THE bomb, basically. Not technologically (of course, really) but in terms of sheer ingenuity and willpower. There's plenty of outstanding stories about Portuguese soldiers fighting bravely, against all odds, it's pretty amazing actually.

But as a Sabaton fan who gets all hyped up for valorous deeds of war, I may be biased.

Avonaeon So since you have decided to descend once again and interact with the lowly commoners for a while: What about the Gamersgate version of the first game? Will we ever receive any patch past 1.5?
Didn't Gamersgate switch to selling Steam copies? Either way, I'll ask what's up with that. And I like interacting with you guys. It's always.. interesting :love:

A lot of publishers use them as Steam outlets nowadays but they offer all kinds of options: Steam Key only, other DRM, DRM-free copy via Gamergate's servers, DRM-free copy + key redeemable on steam. Expeditions is of the latter type.

Do excuse my crankiness but you guys never replied to any messages and the only response you ever gave on your mostly deserted forums was "redeem it on steam, lulz", when Gamersgate had always been selling a DRM-free copy (with the option of Steam activation added later on). No hate, though, just grumpy grandpa mode.
:love:
But please do look into this and make the 1.65 (or the other planned patch, should it ever arrive) available for the DRM-free Gamersgate version. Right now it's still on v1.5, as can be seen here.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've already known the answer to this since September :smug:

aaaaaandd?? when do you plan to share it with rest of us?

when you donate to my patreon

the theme is Vikings and the Vinland Saga.

Vikings are good (and my original guess way back when), although I was shilling for a group of pilgrims during the Crusades.

Vinland Saga is kind of lame, unless Logic Artists knows (or is going to make up, or speculate) something I don't.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom