Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador Sequel Announced

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Logic Artists

2013's Expeditions: Conquistador was a game that sort of came and went, seemingly yet another relic of that increasingly murky early period of the Kickstarter RPG era. As far as anybody could tell, the game was not very successful, and developer Logic Artists moved on to other, very different projects. Something must have changed their minds about that, though, because they've just announced a sequel:

EXPEDITIONS: NEXT?!?!

GUESS THE NEXT EXPEDITIONS
We’re going on a new Expedition! It has been two glorious years since the release of our Historical RPG Expeditions: Conquistador and to you, our wonderful community of Kickstarter backers and players we are pleased to announce a Sequel!

Yes friends, it’s time again to gather a party of allies and explore new lands in search of riches, fame, and adventure. The question on the forefront of your minds might be, but where? Or more appropriately, when?!? Our official announcement will come next week, but until then, you are invited to have some fun with us and GUESS THE NEXT EXPEDITIONS on Facebook and Twitter!

For your efforts you will be rewarded handsomely with an exclusive invitation to our closed BETA! Please limit your guess to 1 per person.

To participate:

On Twitter: follow us @LogicArtists and RT our post with your guess and the hashtag #expeditionsnext

https://twitter.com/logicartists

On Facebook: On Facebook like our new Expeditions Series page and comment on the GUESS THE NEXT EXPEDITIONS Post:

https://www.facebook.com/ExpeditionsSeries

Wow! Great news. But do try to get a better publisher this time, guys.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Would rather have a Marco Polo kind of adventure. Or Os Lusíadas - aka the portuguese Odyssey that media never gave a damn about.

But Expeditions: Odysseus would be damn cool too.

Tigranes

Arcane
Fantastic news, the game deserved a sequel and it has my monay.

Vikings, Marco Polo, Odysseus, etc. would all be fine. My personal favourite is a bunch of disjointed Crusaders making their way back home (Part 1 in the Middle East with Byzantine, Arab, Christian factions, etc), but it will never happen.

Blackstaff

Arbiter
Expeditions : xenophon march of the ten thousand :dance:

Awesome historical event for the connoisseur :obviously:

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Would rather have a Marco Polo kind of adventure. Or Os Lusíadas - aka the portuguese Odyssey that media never gave a damn about.

But Expeditions: Odysseus would be damn cool too.
Unfortunately, for the last 4 centuries, the portuguese were more used to organize expeditions towards the nearest inn.
Jos%C3%A9+Malhoa+-+Bebados+no+S.+Martinho.jpg

Which gives a good explanation why Portugal is the european superpower that we all know today.
É fodido, cara. É fodido mesmo. :(

Luka-boy

Arcane
As long as I can be a dick to natives/locals I'm okay with pretty much any setting :smug:

Also I'm gonna be silly and suggest Expeditions: Vietnam because I just remembered this old survival/exploration/action Amiga game:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Expeditions: Jamestown, eat ur neighbors and ur wife. Dig holes to sleep in b/c you're incompetent :kwafuckyeah:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Can't wait. First one had major problems and especially the combat was too easy and too samey, but hopefully the sequal will improve on that while keeping the brilliant text adventure focus.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Rad. The first game was very cool despite some technical issues. They've got my money unless they totally drop the ball on picking the setting.

M0RBUS

Augur
As I Portuguese Historian I can tell you the reason why nobody gives a damn about Os Lusíadas: because it's nowhere near as relevant as the Odyssey or the other classical epic poetry.

That said, there's a very awesome album by Savatage about the Portuguese discoveries and journey to India.

As a general rule, pretty much everything tough in Portuguese schools about our history is hyped up to be very important and epic and whatnot. But it's all BS. Our ABSOLUTE failure mid 16th century at politics is barely mentioned, our personal union with Spain is blown out of proportion, the battles against the French are spoken of as something very important (where in fact they were pathetic field battles), the whole Pink Map thingy in Africa was a huge flop by Portuguese failing monarchy, where they basically shot themselves in the foot (to the point where British History books barely mention, so puny an occurrence it was), and it's referred to as a grand conspiracy by the evil British to take our lands away from us, lands that were rightfully theirs...

In the meantime, stuff that really mattered goes unmentioned. Our third king was one of the most brilliant minds of his time and put Portugal, administratively speaking, in the forefront of Europe, the way our first king brilliantly dealt with Castille in his fight for independence is not studied at all, it's all "kill them heathen Muslims!", the way we managed to reach Japan and the eastern Asia before everyone, the role of our navy in our worldwide presence...

I guess it's the same everywhere though: History thought in schools is meant to breed love for the country. It's all BS.

Which gives a good explanation why Portugal is the european superpower that we all know today.

The thing is Portugal was never really a super power. We were a strong nation overseas, but we were never a proper Empire.

That said, the reason Portugal sucks today (even though far from alone on that) is because of a couple of centuries where politicians went for fuck ups after fuck ups. If we had jumped off the monarchic bandwagon some 30 years earlier and if Salazar had died sooner and his dictatorship been dismantled sooner, we'd be as good as any other European country.

Unfortunately, our dumb nationalistic ideals got in the way of development, and we dropped to the bottom of the list. Not that we were that far up it anyway.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
As I Portuguese Historian I can tell you the reason why nobody gives a damn about Os Lusíadas: because it's nowhere near as relevant as the Odyssey or the other classical epic poetry.

That said, there's a very awesome album by Savatage about the Portuguese discoveries and journey to India.

As a general rule, pretty much everything tough in Portuguese schools about our history is hyped up to be very important and epic and whatnot. But it's all BS. Our ABSOLUTE failure mid 16th century at politics is barely mentioned, our personal union with Spain is blown out of proportion, the battles against the French are spoken of as something very important (where in fact they were pathetic field battles), the whole Pink Map thingy in Africa was a huge flop by Portuguese failing monarchy, where they basically shot themselves in the foot (to the point where British History books barely mention, so puny an occurrence it was), and it's referred to as a grand conspiracy by the evil British to take our lands away from us, lands that were rightfully theirs...

In the meantime, stuff that really mattered goes unmentioned. Our third king was one of the most brilliant minds of his time and put Portugal, administratively speaking, in the forefront of Europe, the way our first king brilliantly dealt with Castille in his fight for independence is not studied at all, it's all "kill them heathen Muslims!", the way we managed to reach Japan and the eastern Asia before everyone, the role of our navy in our worldwide presence...

I guess it's the same everywhere though: History thought in schools is meant to breed love for the country. It's all BS.

The thing is Portugal was never really a super power. We were a strong nation overseas, but we were never a proper Empire.

That said, the reason Portugal sucks today (even though far from alone on that) is because of a couple of centuries where politicians went for fuck ups after fuck ups. If we had jumped off the monarchic bandwagon some 30 years earlier and if Salazar had died sooner and his dictatorship been dismantled sooner, we'd be as good as any other European country.

Unfortunately, our dumb nationalistic ideals got in the way of development, and we dropped to the bottom of the list. Not that we were that far up it anyway.
The Brazilian Slaughter

skyst

Augur
Oh, hell yes!

I thought Expeditions: Conquistador was fantastic and look forward to the next expedition. The crusades idea would be interesting and the title, Expeditions: Crusader, certainly holds similar sway to conquistador. Vikings would be cool, especially under a similar "loosely based on actual history" direction but with the next Banner Saga coming you need to question if two viking-based, turn-based, party-based isometric RPGs can exist in harmony.

My money is on a game related to either Lewis and Clark, Marco Polo or, perhaps David Livingstone.

Ironmonk

Augur
K', fuck silly luso empire. Make Expeditions: Ipiranga, based on Brazil's legendary & epic battle for independence!

much more interesting and fresh would be Expeditions: Bandeirantes.

(I guess its very unknown outside of huehueland)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom