Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador Released

Mortmal

Arcane
Its cheaper on GOG than steam with its one $ = one euro. I just downloaded it and played a bit, its a surprisingly good game, text heavy not politically correct with meaningful choices and consequences . Great alternate history setting , atmostphere and music, everything i can say is pretty much positive from the art direction with very well drawn portraits, to the turn based combat with its panel of strategic options including flanking, traps and attack of opportunities , things i have not seen since KOTC . In my opinion its a 8/10 quality game at least , maybe more i need to finish it . It will be mentioned in the years to come in the hall of fame next to the classic rpgs . Only negative thing is the map scrolling seems a bit clunky. I have not finished it yet of course but i am sure its worth a purchase.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Started it bros! Going for easy ride in the first playthrough. Racist, filthy and aggressive bastards (save for few cautious and maybe peaceful - don't remember). That means 3 soldiers, 2 scouts, 2 rangers, 2 doctors and 1 scholar (fuck diplomacy, we are a fucking devils' cunts). That amounts to very high tactics, low diplomacy, moderate healing and scouting and quite high (I suppose) morale bonus (I chose 8 from my stats, and these are the only one that contributes). Wish me luck in converting filth to gold-diaherrea! :troll:

Also, medium difficulty settings but chances to die from wounds set to max.

Justin

Novice
In the name of Lord:

And the Light of the Lord they embraced indeed :smug:

You mean like this?
PB250049.jpg
Is that Bosch?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I do like that the first complaint on their forum is that it's too hard.

http://logicartists.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=637

A single afternoon and this game made me HATE it...

Unfair battles, frustrating scipted events and impossible quests...
icon_e_sad.gif

I really wanted to like this game, one of the first games released that I backed on kickstarter, but this was one of the most depressing gaming expreiences in a long time.
Timed quests that are impossible to do within the limit even *after* a reload and knowing *exactly* where to go are a gamebreaker for me. If this quests also kills off the ONE interesting follower so far and just about forces me to kill the Kickstarter exclusive Follower (Esteban) in the process, that's just icing on the cake.
Almost makes me forget the fact that enemies seem to use a differnt ruleset. No idea how recruit enemy units manage to hit about twice as much as my own man-at-arms counterparts, even if at night *they* are next to a light source while mine aren't...
Not to mention the ridiculous amount of seemingly random "accidents" that just add tiers upon tiers of tedium.
*Wheew* Need to turn off the comp and do something usful.
Sorry, needed to vent. That or uninstall the game on release day...
icon_e_confused.gif

:incline:

Kirtai

Augur
I do like that the devs response is basically to turn down the difficulty or just deal with failing a quest.

Ramireza

Savant

Yeah, thats realy great!

Hey, and i am sure that he also owns a 360... Of course he played a First persons shooter a few years ago.. HE MUST BE STUPID!

Elitist ppl sucks tbh

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
When the game tells me a probability above 80% and I keep missing that roll *way* more often than not something is wrong. No strategy can work when the odds I'm told and the actual results don't match.
Another person who doesn't understand how probabilities work. And it's a German too. Looks like the stereotype about their being hardcore RPG players doesn't hold up universally.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom