Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Expeditions: Conquistador; Logic Artists

I'm pleased to announce that Codex pet project Expeditions: Conquistador has finally been released, and is now available for purchase on GOG, GamersGate and Desura. According to the latest Kickstarter update, it will also be released on Steam later today. Here's GOG's description of the game:

Tactics! Strategy! Adventure!

If you like your gaming to be a delicious melange of gaming style, mixing tactical combat with strategic management and a soupçon of classic "choose your own adventure" decision making, then games like Expeditions: Conquistador are a delightful break from the usual.​

Set in the newly-discovered Americas, Expeditions: Conquistador gives you the opportunity to play through the discovery of a wondrous new land and peoples. In history, the choices that the conquistadors were ruthless and bloody and secured the Old World's place as the ruling power in these new lands. As you go through the intricately branching plot, you can choose to follow the path that history has laid out for you, or take a new direction and see how history plays out. With unique expedition members, random events that can completely change the circumstances your expedition is facing, dynamic trading system and economies, and even maps that are based on topological maps of the Dominican Republic and Mexico, this game's deep gameplay and high replayability will keep you entertained & engaged for hours.​

A successful Kickstarted project, you can get Expeditions: Conquistador on GOG.com for just $17.99 for the first week, so if you're thinking about checking it out, don't wait!​
Congratulations to the guys at Logic Artists. It's great to see Kickstarter bearing its first fruits. Hopefully, our official Codex review will be arriving shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
MCA
Playing.

Also fuck all the naysayers about delays, multiplayer and the publisher deal and whatnot. I've recently read through their Kickstarter updates again. They have fulfilled two stretch goals without the funding having met the levels, delivered several betas, been communicative and listening and fixing and improving the game based on the feedback all the way. That they made this game in such a short time at all is a fucking miracle when you think about it but people have been bitching about nonissue shit that they don't even concern themselves with while easily shelling out three times the money for AAA crap games.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
June 2013 is turning out to be a remarkable month for the :incline: of strategy games.

Old Gods, Conquistador and Air/Land/Sea/Underdark/Space Battle.

Tigranes

Arcane
Waiting for the Steam version but I ain't complaining. I'll play a few hours tonight and put up detailed impressions, with explicit comparisons to my Codex preview. I suspect especially with the delay they'll have improved a lot of things I pointed out there, and I'm pretty hopeful it'll deliver.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin

Stabwound

Arcane
Good to see that a kickstarter game successfully came out. Whether or not it's shit is yet to be determined. I'm not a big strategy fan and the setting of the game doesn't interest me much so I'll probably skip on this. It seems a lot like the newer King's Bounty games from what I can tell.

Tigranes

Arcane
Waiting for the Steam version but I ain't complaining. I'll play a few hours tonight and put up detailed impressions, with explicit comparisons to my Codex preview. I suspect especially with the delay they'll have improved a lot of things I pointed out there, and I'm pretty hopeful it'll deliver.

Steam, or no buy. :rpgcodex:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237430/

Yeah, I have a key but couldn't download before I came to work. Steam is always slow.

Fryjar

Augur
First non heavily discounted game I have bought in ages. Lets hope it delivers and the early codexian praise was warranted.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Aside from me someone from pakistan (182.185.105.44) and georgia (93.188.8.98) is torrenting the game. Wonder whether they are our esteemed codexers?

Edit: I'll buy if it's good of course

MCA
In the name of Lord:

FSPwdBk.jpg

And embrace His Light they did :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom