Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador release date is February 28th

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Expeditions: Conquistador; Logic Artists

Avonaeon from Logic Artists, developers of Codex Kickstarter favorite Expeditions: Conquistador, writes to inform us that their game is set to be released on February 28th, on GOG, GamersGate, Desura and Green Man Gaming. There a bunch of awesome new screenshots of the game available here. Softpedia also did a quick preview, which includes 20 minutes of gameplay footage.

Their conclusion?

The only big problem with the game so far is that it’s a little too difficult for me, especially when it comes to the tactical battles, where I cannot manage to win without losing precious men.

Awww hell yeah. Don't forget to vote for Expeditions: Conquistador on Steam Greenlight.

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  2. clemensgender: ⚧ Arbiter Patron

clemens
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Great ! First of the kickstarter to be put to the test. Glad I backed this one...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Ogggender: ⚧ Prophet Patron

Ogg
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Already? Wow! Cool... I guess.

Can the Codex watch the video and sum it up wrapping up all the useful information and adding some picturesque insanities? Thanks in advance, Codex.

^ Top  
  4. Jaesungender: ⚧ Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    That looks really really good. Looks very polished.

^ Top  
  5. Captain Shrekgender: ⚧ Orbis non-sufficit Dumbfuck

Captain Shrek
    Parrots:
    FUCK YEAH!!!

^ Top  
  6. Captain Shrekgender: ⚧ Orbis non-sufficit Dumbfuck

Captain Shrek
    Parrots:
    Let me repeat:

FUCK YEAH!

:rage::yeah:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. BlackAdderBGgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

BlackAdderBG
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Is it known how much will cost?

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Hellygender: ⚧ Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
  9. I'm With Her Metrogender: ⚧ for prison Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Parrots:
    :greatjob:

^ Top  
  10. Excidiumgender: ⚧ P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Running around the map clicking on resources, then getting into fights that are more about bigger numbers than actual tactics. I've already played that before.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Cassidygender: ⚧ Arcane

Cassidy
    Parrots:
    Finally some good news after years of almost absolute decline.

:incline:

Won't morgoth it though. I want to check on how stable the release version is first, and proper reviews.

^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
  13. General Maxsongender: ⚧ Arcane

General Maxson
    Parrots:
    Codex should do a review.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    Perhaps it should indeed...

:obviously:

^ Top  
  15. Severian Silkgender: ⚧ Guest

Severian Silk
    Wow, totally forgot about this game!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. DwarvenFoodgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Not quite the first, but great news nevertheless.

^ Top  
  17. Modrongender: ⚧ Arcane

Modron
    Parrots:
    Cautiously optimistic about this release; although, I suppose the quality of the game will hinge on the writing and world building as the base game looks kinda stale. I can imagine this garnering a similar reception to Omerta.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. TripJackgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    Parrots:
    never did get around to backing this one, but i'm definitely looking forward to it

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Tigranesgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    The first of the KS games, then? (At least, ones I care about) I'm pretty sure I'll get this on launch if it's not too expensive, since I missed the fund deadline before.

The screenshots look like they've made some positive improvements to UI and polish since the preview copy.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Sadujgender: ⚧ Arcane

Saduj
    Parrots:
    Day 1 perch ass.

:kingcomrade:

^ Top  
  21. tulusegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    FTL was the first, so I guess this is the 2nd of the interesting projects. Unless someone knows of another one that was funded for a decent amount (50k+?) that's been released.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Irenaeusgender: ⚧ Self-Ejected Patron Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Looks like a festival of spaniard stereotypes.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Avonaeongender: ⚧ Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    The combat is definitely more about actual tactics than bigger numbers. Each unit you bring to a fight is a person with a background, personality traits, etc. Treating them as meaty punching bags is a sure-fire way to lose a battle. And the exploration is more about managing your resources rather than just collecting them. You'll need to keep yourself stocked on food and medicine to keep everyone alive and healthy,, and content, as morale plays a big role in how the game plays out.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Captain Shrekgender: ⚧ Orbis non-sufficit Dumbfuck

Captain Shrek
    Parrots:
    Still there is a point here. I like how attacks of opportunity are in and critical hits seems rare, but still I did not see the "raising barricades" skill in action AGAIN. Are there more things you (and more importantly the enemies) do when battles are joined? That is really where I feel the depth of the gameplay is. Also, how do ranged weapons work? Do they have minimum range and penalties to fire point blank, etc?

^ Top  
  25. Avonaeongender: ⚧ Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    I'm not sure what you mean by when battles are joined? And the raising barricades skill, do you mean placing barricades in the preparation phase?
    Ranged weapons are more accurate the closer the target is, and it tapers toward the useless around 18-20 hexes away, but you can still take potshots. There's no minimum range, but firing point blank will trigger an attack of opportunity, so it's best to keep your distance with your ranged fellows.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)