Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador has a release date - May 30th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: bitComposer; Expeditions: Conquistador; Logic Artists

The drama-filled saga of Expeditions: Conquistador is reaching its final conclusion. A Kickstarter update published today reports:

Hello again backers and welcome to one of the very last project updates for Expeditions: Conquistador. The long awaited and speculated release is finally at hand, and we are very eager to deliver our release build to you all, but first, the update news:​

What?

The full version of the game Expeditions: Conquistador, this very Kickstarter project is on the last leg of its amazing journey! But some of you may not know that we did a fair bit more than we promised for this game in our original goals here on KS, so you are in for an even grander gaming experience than you might be expecting!​

For starters we achieved our first two stretch goals, even though we didn’t reach the stretch pledge numbers. So every time a player promotes one of their expedition members they can select from 30+ passive abilities to boost the unit in combat. Our second stretch goal also was reached, we created greater variations in character models, and further boosted the quality of the character animations as well.​

We also implemented two concepts that came out of KS Backer suggestions: the Player Fortress-- which you as the player can capture and improve, and the detailed camping system which also includes ‘tinkering’ a skill in which the unit can build equipment or research expeditionary improvements.​

We also implemented something that we really wanted to do as well, a Multi-player skirmish mode. And while we got some negative feedback for it, if you enjoy the game, and enjoy the combat, you will most likely also enjoy the PvP. It is available in two modes oldschool Hot-seat (taking turns on the same computer, like back in the days before the internet), and TCP/IP which will allow you to play with a friend on a different computer, whether you are on Windows, Mac, or Linux system.​

It has been a long and exciting road, we want to thank you for being such helpful and supportive backers, it is with your shared thoughts and feedback that we’ve been able to complete this project. Expeditions: Conquistador is something we are very proud of and we hope you enjoy it.​

When?

The long awaited release date: May 30, 2013 (Which is before the end of Q2 by a whole month!). Once the game is up on the various distribution sites we will be able to generate the redeem codes for each of you based on the platform you chose already in the survey.​

Official Website

Some of you backers were concerned about the official Website for Expeditions: Conquistador, it is now up and available in all of its shining glory! (www.conquistadorthegame.com).​

Great news. Expeditions: Conquistador is set to be released on GOG, Desura, GamersGate and (thanks to bitComposer) Steam. Let's just hope there aren't any more last minute surprises.

Saduj

Arcane
Well I guess its going to be a Day 1 Purchase for me. If they had delayed release until after Shadowrun Returns, I probably would have skipped it for now....

kazgar

Arcane
YEAH! I'M GONNA GET MAD AND BUTTHURT ABOUT GETTING THE GAME WITH MORE GOOD FEATURES THAT PEOPLE WANted and one or two they may have not, drm free and before halfway through the year.

oh..wait...

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I still don't get the PvP feature. Who needs such a thing in such a game? There are so many great PvP games out there...
Well, hope it was worth the delay for the devs.

I'll wait for some reviews before buying, though. Currently have more than enough to-play games on my list. :D

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
I'll admit I'm not that interested in it, personally, but I don't see the need to bawl about a game getting a few months delayed.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
At least there's a concrete release date now and everybody can move past the whole controversy.

Looking forward to it.

:greatjob:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Good to see this game coming (and within the delay frame that I predicted :smug:). Can't wait to play it, the preview was pretty baller.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anybody know if the game will have an Ironman mode where you can't reload earlier saves if stuff goes wrong?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The release date couldn't come at a more perfect time. Exactly at May 30th I will get some breathing space and time to pleh gaemz that I've been deprived of for the entire month.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Anybody know if the game will have an Ironman mode where you can't reload earlier saves if stuff goes wrong?

And why do you need a special mode for that?

SIMPLY DON'T RELOAD.

Pffft, that old argument? Well, there's 2 things-
1. It simply makes the temptation of reloading an earlier save less "Immidiate", so you don't always go "oh man idgaf I can just reload an earlier save"

2. It can mean devs also balance the game more logically, and won't insta-kill your entire team due to some unlucky mistake.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Who gives a shit about Eador? I don't like these kind of impersonal grand-strategy games.

The delayed release date was never an issue to me. It's just that now I'm not putting my money on Jagged Alliance: Flashback or any other developer who are yet proven to be able to make games I like. Sad for new comers who might turn out to be good but this means, at the same time, Logic Artists will be added to my list if the game turns out to be any good. This may not what crowd-funding was originally meant to be but it works fine for my needs as an old school RPG player. After all, I don't have time for games, either.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Who gives a shit about Eador? I don't like these kind of impersonal grand-strategy games.

Brofisted new fag only to unbrofist him... This kind of game is tricky though as mix of RPG, Tactic game (20 units max is not Strategy) and adventure needs to be strong in all its elements.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom