Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by Jaedar, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Atomical Logic Artists Developer

Atomical
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    This is unfortunate news. There was a similar report when the game launched in 2013. We patched and haven't had report of it happening since. Sorry to hear that.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    Parrots:
    If any application can "kill" your GPU, your GPU has issues. Modern GPUs will shut down when they reach dangerous temperatures. Not an excuse for bad coding practices, but if the only thing standing between you and your GPU melting is a shitty program, you have bigger problems.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. HoboForEternity Cipher

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    how do you explain the
    Show Spoiler
    "god" in the volcano and the magic mind controlling skull?

^ Top  
  4. Atomical Logic Artists Developer

Atomical
    Parrots:
    Explanations:
    Show Spoiler

1. "god" in the volcano - fumes from the volcanic emissions + wizard of oz type situation.
    2. the magic mind controlling skull - superstition has driven people to believe and do a great many things.
    If you're asking out of concern for realism perhaps of greater concern are the Amazons (who are from ancient Greece but share name with the rainforest and river), Fountain of Youth, and El Dorado. What we're going for is historical authenticity. It means realism is not meticulously followed and allows the creatives to take liberties that they otherwise wouldn't to tell what we hope is a great story.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. HoboForEternity Cipher

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    Not really askin for concern of realism. It is actually you guys add these things, and frankly did bit expect to see the devs directly responded like this :)

Just like to hear people's opinion and how players rationalize these seemingly supernatural events in a mostly grounded game.

I just theorizing and discussing

^ Top  
  6. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Are all classes except soldiers and scouts useless in combat or am I missing something?

^ Top  
  7. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Hunters are pretty good too. The others are not great with weapons but having a Doctor on hand can be handy sometimes.

^ Top  
  8. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
  9. Make America Great Again Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    Parrots:
    A few years late to it, but I have finally tried this game. Loved it. Really, it now has a place in my heart close to where "Darklands" and "King of Dragon Pass" are. Look forward to playing Vikings.

My only vocal criticism: It might seem silly, but one of the things that bothered me was the way women were presented in the game. It isn't just ahistorical: it completely makes no sense in the setting. 16th century spaniards did not enlist women in the army and would probably mostly find the idea of a woman fighting alongside men bizarre. And yet half of the recruitable followers are women(soldiers, doctors, hunters, you name it) and in the game world women in positions of authority within the military are common.

I understand concerns with the "politically correct", female gamers and so on and so forth, but other than the amazon(a fictional character based on legends) and a couple of the characters presented(the nun for instance) everything is off the mark.

Anyway, at least with vikings you have something to work with regarding that(the shieldmaiden legends).

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Irxy Arcane

Irxy
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity
    Nay, it was done because the lack of boobs among your crew would be boring for some players.
    But nothing stops you from making a male-only racist/misogynist crew, afair there are even some achievements for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    Parrots:
    Boobs 'a plenty could have been added by using the natives. That would have been historical. The Portuguese and the Spaniards had lots of fun. Specially being that a good bunch of the early explorers were criminals and outcasts.

But anyway, two questions:

- Are there any mods for this? If the answer is no, why not? Somebody must have worked something out of that event editor that was released.

- Anyway to get Esteban into your party? Cheating/modding or otherwise?

^ Top  
  12. iZerw Savant

iZerw
    Parrots:
    It was a special gift for the bakers. Don't know how it is now I'll PM you.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again ERYFKRAD Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    You can mod your own companions into it, I managed to add one or two at the start of the game. Didn't need the editor for that.

^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    Parrots:
    Mind providing instructions? Can you set up custom portraits also?

^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again ERYFKRAD Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Memory's a bit fuzzy about this, though I think you'll find instructions for it online. If I can, I'll just upload my modded text file, so you can just edit the character data file and get by. No idea how to add portraits though.

^ Top  
  16. Jazz_ Scholar

Jazz_
    Parrots:
    This game makes my computer take off for some reason, I'm worried it could implode it at times. Doesn't seem that demanding graphically and yet...

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    Parrots:
    I have to comment on this: On my second playthrough of the game I got Esteban as a companion through modding. Anyway, aside from being the most interesting character I didn't notice any new content for having him as a companion in Mexico, until I found El Dorado and had a cool little surprise:

Show Spoiler
    After fighting the inhabitants and looting a good part of El Dorado you meet the talking giant statue of "Xipe Toltec" the Aztec god of goldsmiths, who demands that you provide sacrifice in the form of the loot you are taking or the life of one of your companions. You then had the option of giving up all your loot, sacrificing someone or giving him the golden spear. If you didn't accept it and challenged him one of your followers would suddenly die in a fit of dyspnea while the Golden god laughed hysterically.

That's if you didn't have Esteban in your party though. On my second run of the event the giant actually jumped up, screamed "BACK TO HELL DEMON!" and toppled the giant statue, with a message explaining that after the statue is fallen to the ground and shattered you hear the sound of hurried footsteps behind it(meaning there were priests behind the whole farce and the death of your follower would be caused by poison gas or something of the sort, not divine power).

I thought it was a cool little touch. Too bad most people would never get this outcome for this event since Esteban was a kickstarter exclusive

Anyway, it has been a while since I finished a game twice back to back and it is a testament to how good of a game I thought this was. Look forward to Vikings.

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Beowulf Savant

Beowulf
    Parrots:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Jazz_ Scholar

Jazz_
    Parrots:
    Oh thank you, but couldn't the devs address the problem with an update or something? Like putting a v-sync option inside the game, there have been people who have fried their computers playing Expeditions because of this issue.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Irxy Arcane

Irxy
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity
    No computer should fry under 100% load, don't blame the game if your cooling is broken.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)