Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by Jaedar, Aug 4, 2012.

1. cherry blossom Prophet

cherry blossom
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    "Easier"? Is there some other way to mod the game at the moment?

And the FOW?

^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again ERYFKRAD Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Add characters, events? Yeah. Tweak AI, modify items, custom units? Not so much.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    For the next Expeditions game I want to see a setting in a fantasy world akin to Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.

^ Top  
  4. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Expeditions of Might and Magic plz

^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Whisky The Solution

Whisky
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    It'd work. Just replace smallpox with mindworms and Aztecs with the aliens.

^ Top  
  6. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Yes Please.

^ Top  
  7. Name Savant

Name
    Parrots:
    Wonderful news, this deserves a sequel. The formula works.

^ Top  
  8. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Please. I'd like to see something original.

^ Top  
  9. I'm With Her Juan_Carlo for prison Arcane

Juan_Carlo
    Parrots:
    I want it to be set in Europe during the plague. The gimmick would be that everyone in your party already has the plague and are traveling on a religious pilgrimage because they heard that there is a mystical healer several countries over who can heal them. You would have two separate skill trees: one which builds your skills and stats and another representing the plague that would force you to choose various impediments as the game progresses, so much of character building would be managing the symptoms of the disease (and your character would, theoretically, get weaker the longer you play). Likewise, each character would have a terminal point so NPCs would eventually die (and they'll die sooner if you don't manage their symptoms properly). Of course, Bubonic plague kills relatively quickly so you'd probably have to fictionalize it somewhat, but that wouldn't be too hard to fudge reality on as the plague was a mysterious force back then. Anyhow, if I were writing the game I'd have the healer turn out to be a con artist and thus the entire game would just be one long coming to terms with the inevitability of death.

I'd play the shit out of that game.

• Brofist Brofist x 33
    ^ Top  
  10. anus_pounder Arcane

anus_pounder
    Parrots:
    :what:

Give this man his own game design studio and team.

^ Top  
  11. Name Savant

Name
    Parrots:
    How about making the truth of the healer random at each start of new game...

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  12. Minttunator Arcane Patron

Minttunator
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    That's a really great idea, Juan_Carlo! :thumbsup:

^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Parrots:
    Actually, apart deciding if inserting supernatural elements, Juan Carlo's idea can be put in historical context quite easily, make it a pilgrimage to Rome to attend the jubilee proclaimed by the Pope to ask forgiveness for mankind' sins of which the plague is a punishment, having to travel the politically instable zones, brigands, stray mercenary bands, rumors of witches spreading the plague, alchemists having found a cure, supposedly, practically a new Darklands in the making.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Or... your party thinks that they have the plague. I'd probably change the historical bubonic plague to something new that the player can't have previous knowledge of. Though in capable and knowledgeable hands the distortion that average middle-age peasant's perspective on the whole thing would probably do just as good a job. But that'd be tricky to do as well.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Parrots:
    Many turned out to be immune or survived it, even if they were disfigured, so, what mechanism can be implemented for the PC and the party roll for immunity or survival?

^ Top  
  16. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Stick to historical please. There are other games doing fantasy and Sci-Fi but none doing historical.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  17. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Hmmm... A party of naturally immune PCs who are also unknowingly plague carriers, travelling the world in the search of the cure, but actually being the cause. Hehe.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Irxy Arcane

Irxy
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity
    Huh? Are there sci-fi games with a similar gameplay, I must have missed something?..

^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Whisky The Solution

Whisky
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Someone make this, holy shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Best armchair design pitch I've heard in a long long time, yes. Juan_Carlo please quit job and make kickstarter

^ Top  
  21. sser Arcane

sser
    Parrots:
    Ho'yes. Somewhat reminds me of a fairly recent movie, Black Death. And a game in Expeditions' style would suit it so well.

^ Top  
  22. I'm With Her Severian Silk for prison Arcane

Severian Silk
    Parrots:
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Darkion Scholar

Darkion
    Parrots:
    The GOG versions are current and up to date including the free content update you mentioned. There is a short tutorial as part of the beginning of the game and also hints that can be turned off or on at any point in the game.

^ Top  
  24. I'm With Her Severian Silk for prison Arcane

Severian Silk
    Parrots:
    Fixed.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Kattze Andhaira

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    Parrots:
    :bounce: Holy fucking shit. :bounce:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)