Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
How do you stomp a deity btw?

By bringing in a deity bigger than yours obviously :troll:

cthulhu6_s.jpg

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Looks good. Too bad this is from the perspective of the Spanish butchers.

Yeah, better have it from the point of view of the degenerate virgin sacrificing ball of fire worshippers...
Wow, the Aztecs sacrificed mostly the men of their enemies captured in battle. Huitzilopochtli was also worshiped as a sun deity besides Tonatiuh. Don't bash the natives yah Marxist.
Darth Roxor, Cthuhlu is a space alien above your comprehension but not mine.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks good. Too bad this is from the perspective of the Spanish butchers.

Yeah, better have it from the point of view of the degenerate virgin sacrificing ball of fire worshippers...
Wow, the Aztecs sacrificed mostly the men of their enemies captured in battle. Huitzilopochtli was also worshiped as a sun deity besides Tonatiuh. Don't bash the natives yah Marxist.

Eh, sorry...just felt like trollin a bit...slow month.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'd rather you be a pirate sailing the Caribbean! Hell, why not add more shit and let you play out the 30 years' war as well....:M
And that too! :M

Fuck me, why is it whenever someone pitches an idea immediately someone pipes up wanting something completely beyond the scope of the initial idea? This is why we cannot have nice, deep, focused things.
Because it is not going to happen no matter how much I want it anyway, just throwing what I think would also be cool for a game of this kind.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Jonas Waever was the lead on The Nameless Mod.

Also if they're based in Denmark how the hell did they get on Kickstarter? Checked the faq and
still applies.

As for me, I'm not interested in a game made by white neckbeards where you play the role of white imperialists regardless of how much it'll closely resemble a turn-based Deus Ex. :M

'Sup Lesifoere.

From what I gathered of the presentation video, it's turn based with a hex grid with a party in a non generic medieval fantasy setting. Make this happen I want to crush the sun worshiping heathens, deus vult!

MMXI

Arcane
A story-driven tactical roleplaying game with a touch of strategic resource management and a pinch of choose-your-own-adventure.
Meh.

oscar

Arcane
This looks damn cool. Turn-based combat + King of Dragon Pass-ness + Setting where your guys being far more individually powerful than the enemy actually makes sense

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Are you truly arguing about natives vs Spanish or is it just regular codex nonsense?
Go fuck yourself you filthy gachupín.

Anyways, I hope they post gameplay videos with more combat and dialogue details. The tidbits glimpsed on the trailer are too short or too low-res.

MMXI

Arcane
Darklands had more than a pinch of choose-your-own-adventure and turned out all right.
The difference being that Darklands was more of a sandbox full of textual choices rather than a branching narrative in a story-driven game. I need more information about this game before it gets my thumbs up, but from reading the description it doesn't sound too great.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Darklands had more than a pinch of choose-your-own-adventure and turned out all right.
The difference being that Darklands was more of a sandbox full of textual choices rather than a branching narrative in a story-driven game. I need more information about this game before it gets my thumbs up, but from reading the description it doesn't sound too great.

Hell, if I can get decent turn based combat in a setting not used before (I think), and there is no trace of anime, I don't care if it's story driven or not.

Captain Shrek

And to say that if that is somehow bad. Without story, without a Narrative, the game is no better than BloodBowl. And I love bloodbowl.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Dumped a 100 dollars on them, let's see if it does any good ;)
It definitely does! Thank you, for your support :)

Hey, will your game feature any form of DRM?
If nothing heavier than a one time online authentication I'll support it.

It's kind of hard to say at this point, but we're hoping we can avoid stuff like that. None of us are fans of DRM (Though I personally think Steam is alright), so hopefully we'll figure something out that works best for you guys.

Dumped a 100 dollars on them, let's see if it does any good ;)
It definitely does! Thank you, for your support :)

Now you owe me, bigtime, hehe. I hope the game turns out as good as it looks, there is really a wave of games from kickstarter going against the streamlined crap and bringing back options and tactics and replayability. Let's hope a few of those make it to release (nod)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom