Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by Jaedar, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Click here and disable ads!
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2128128298/expeditions-conquistador

"Combat is intimate and detailed, and failure has great consequences. Every expedition member has a face, a past, a set of personality traits, and of course a combat role - their morale will change depending on your decisions, they will chime in when you're weighing your options, and if they fall in battle, their injuries will carry over to the world map, where they must be treated by your doctors until they're back on their feet. Should you fail to treat your expedition members, they will die and be gone for good."

Seems pretty interesting imo.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    As long as I can stomp filthy heathens in the name of the LORD, I'm sold :rpgcodex:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  3. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Seems p. cool but would be nice if you could play as the aztecs at some point. Human sacrifice, fuck yeah!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I will donated some of mine Imperial Solidi for this. :incline:

^ Top  
  5. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    Parrots:
    Looks very interesting. Nice setting and (gasp!) turn based combat.
    And one of the devs - Jonas Wæver - looks like a young Richard Garriott.

I think I will support this.
    Only one thing; I assume there is no DRM involved?

^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    Jonas Waever was the lead on The Nameless Mod.

Also if they're based in Denmark how the hell did they get on Kickstarter? Checked the faq and
    still applies.

As for me, I'm not interested in a game made by white neckbeards where you play the role of white imperialists regardless of how much it'll closely resemble a turn-based Deus Ex. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    Parrots:
    A new setting at last! Something that isnt renaissance Europe. No magic too. Well I like magic, especially if that would be Aztec kind of magic but well , can live with that.

Not very much events though unless they are non random. Then there is small replay value.

^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Pretty sure one of the team members is a kwanzian.

^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    [​IMG]
    Was already Done. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. General Maxson Arcane

General Maxson
    Parrots:
    Tactical turn based rpg?

^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
  13. Make America Great Again Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Parrots:

[​IMG] Anybody done one on Nintendo DS? :roll: This screen can be joke using film Infintron Mentioned... BTW got 403 error from your link. This game is how AoD should be text adventure with Pics + combat on tactical screen, All which can be done by band of bros for ~ 100 000 jewgold with no Mainstream induced PC, Faggotery and bastardisation.
    P.S. backed. :obviously:

^ Top  
  14. Overboard Cipher

Overboard
    Parrots:
    Everything about this sounds good so far, especially the setting. Only problem might be the finite number of followers to draw on. Backed, anyway.

^ Top  
  15. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    Parrots:
    Looks good. Too bad this is from the perspective of the Spanish butchers.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    Parrots:
    Think of it as role playing.

^ Top  
  17. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Parrots:
    Ok they imported black guys to south america, but you cannot blame them eternally....Forgive them...

^ Top  
  18. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    Parrots:
    Strange cruelties indeed. Careful, my opinions on Spain are similar to Vaarna's on Russia.

^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Parrots:
    Indeed Spaniards brough only :decline: for the nations tribes who engaged is such :obviously: activities like cannibalism and mass human sacrifices.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    Parrots:
    Yes, the sacrifice that consisted mostly of prisoners of war and rest being shitty slaves or volunteers. The cannibalism was done on already sacrificed individuals. Keep sucking Cortes cock.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    Quetza(l)coatl is exactly the type of filthy heathen I want to stomp in this game :rpgcodex:

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  22. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Hopefully the sequel will take place during the Spanish-American War.

[​IMG]

Except in the game Teddy Roosevelt and his Rough Riders will take the war to the shores of Spain and execute the Spanish monarchy. Then detonate a nuke for good measure.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    Parrots:
    Don't expect Xolotl to aid you when going to Mictlan then. How do you stomp a deity btw?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yeah, better have it from the point of view of the degenerate virgin sacrificing ball of fire worshippers who despite having a million to one advantage in numbers still got their arses whipped by true Christian heroes. :salute:

It's easy to stomp or fuck up a crude child like painting of some figment of some tripped up goat fuckers imagination. NOTE: Whatatosser is NOT real...

I'd rather you be a pirate sailing the Caribbean! Hell, why not add more shit and let you play out the 30 years' war as well....:M Fuck me, why is it whenever someone pitches an idea immediately someone pipes up wanting something completely beyond the scope of the initial idea? This is why we cannot have nice, deep, focused things.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)