Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

tindrli

Arcane
Mr. @Avonaeon why dont you let us have few copyes so codex can try it before it even gets out.. we cant wait damnit!!!!

or just give it to one of us or in worst case .. go to the codex playground area and make "Lets play" RIGHT NOW!!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm a backer, and I could go play the alpha right now :smug:

If only I wasn't at work.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm glad i backed this one. Too bad, that you couldn't get the stretch goals during the kickstarter, but let's hope the game sells enough to warrant a proper oldschool behemoth of an expansion with that third campaign you guys talked about and more.
They kinda implemented a lot of the stretch goal stuff anyway I think. I know they put in "skill trees" for example.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is the press review version different than the second beta released to backers?

tindrli

Arcane
Mr. @Avonaeon why dont you let us have few copyes so codex can try it before it even gets out.. we cant wait damnit!!!!

or just give it to one of us or in worst case .. go to the codex playground area and make "Lets play" RIGHT NOW!!

There's a Let's Play going on over here: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,3197.0.html

:decline: we need CODEX let's play

at least i learned that thing that i asked for is called "press build"

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

There's a Let's Play going on over here: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,3197.0.html

The codex already got a press build. I believe Grunker is handling the official Kodex interview/preview thingie. I played around with it a bit and my impressions are somewhere between quite good and very good. Definitely has that HoMM/King's Bounty feel, except you get to slaughter indians. I'm going to day 1 purchase Morgoth the fuck out of this game.

One thing I really like is that all the members of your party have personality traits that govern what actions will make them gain/lose morale. And a lot of them are diametrically opposed. For example, aggressive people will gain morale whenever you go into combat and lose if it you chose a peceful solution. While the opposite is the case for pacifists. Racists get butthurt if you take natives on board, while opaen-minded likes it. So unless you are extremely selective in what traits you take on board (and pass up on some very juicy persons in the process), pretty much every choice you make is likely to upset someone. Characters have 3 traits each, so it's entirely possible to have a pacifist along and keep them happy while fighting, so long as you appeal to their other 2 traits. Butthurt management is the new choice&consequence.

The dialogue/events are also quite well written and use skill checks the way the codex wubs it. It's not PS:T, but it's better than anything we've had in recent years.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I'm doing a piece for the Codex (we already have http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8421 and http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8389). There's no reason for us to do a Let's Play when VD is doing one, so I'm doing something different. Expect the piece within a week or so.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Is this what the codex needs?

A rainbow dane review about how we can hold hands and sing kumbaya with hippie indian scum, teaching them the ways of COMMUNISM?

Or a cold and hard Christian potato perspective on why the heathen natives need to be eradicated in the name of the Lord and the Queen, using all possible means at hand?

Vote Darth Roxor for a brighter tomorrow :rpgcodex:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

A rainbow dane review about how we can hold hands and sing kumbaya with hippie indian scum, teaching them the ways of COMMUNISM?

Or a cold and hard Christian potato perspective on why the heathen natives need to be eradicated in the name of the Lord and the Queen, using all possible means at hand?

So what you're saying is that instead of practicing my solotop Karma tonight, I should start a Let's Play of the press build so you can oppress the natives bring the light of christianity to Hispanola? I'm not sure my upload speed is stronk enough at home to do a livestream, since my neighbours love sucking up all our precious bandwidths to fuel their fetish for torrenting donkey pr0n.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I'm not doing a review. We could, in fact, use someone who will do it, and you just signed up for it. I'm confident the boys at Logic Artists will grant us a review copy once the game is released.

I'll inform the content team that you'll be reviewing it for us within a month after its out :smug:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
One thing I really like is that all the members of your party have personality traits that govern what actions will make them gain/lose morale. And a lot of them are diametrically opposed. For example, aggressive people will gain morale whenever you go into combat and lose if it you chose a peceful solution. While the opposite is the case for pacifists. Racists get butthurt if you take natives on board, while opaen-minded likes it. So unless you are extremely selective in what traits you take on board (and pass up on some very juicy persons in the process), pretty much every choice you make is likely to upset someone. Characters have 3 traits each, so it's entirely possible to have a pacifist along and keep them happy while fighting, so long as you appeal to their other 2 traits. Butthurt management is the new choice&consequence.
This sounds lovely :incline:

oscar

Arcane
That does indeed sound awesome. Think my first playthrough will definitely be violent racists bringing the :flamesaw: to Injuns. Then might try a Colonel Kurtz "gone native" playthrough.

The interesting characters and conflicts between the NPCs in Jagged Alliance 2 were part of what made it so memorable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom