Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ever played a game where bugs seriously prevented you from enjoying it?

Tigranes

Arcane
Very, very rarely. I even suffered through Gothic 1.00. They're significant, but they're never as big a deal as people say and it's a joke how idiots get into a self-righteous ball of fury about them. Maybe the same people who throw out their monitors when a spreadsheet crashes?

Bugs rarely bother me too much. Mostly because usually they get fixed over time or in the worst case scenario they can simply avoided.
Many of my all time favorite games were notoriously bugged on release: Ultima VII, Fallout 2, Gothic II, Vampire Bloodlines, Temple of Elemental Evil, Darklands, UFO, Jagged Alliance 2, Mount & Blade, Master of Magic, etc, etc.

Exactly like Ezekiel in his first reply here, I tend to be far more forgiving of bugged games that at least attempt something ambitious or interesting than I'm incline to be about reasonably polished products that turn out to be extremely dull, patronizing, uninspired or overbearing.

Vorark

Erudite
Saints Row 2 PC port. Could never get it to run right, be it with Gentlemen of the Row, Powertools or whatever else.

Modron

Arcane
The more autistic you are, the more bugs annoy. Bugs, cargocults, bad weeboism or other pandering and bad features piss me off immensely because i go right to thinking: this would work better if [....]
You forgot tire textures in your list of things that bug autists.

HansDampf

Arcane
When I was playing The Void the game seemed getting more and more corrupted the farther I got. It ended up looking like this (or even worse):
K5u3Rhb.jpg
Add framerate drops and crashes in some crucial places, and I lost my patience. Shame I was already more than 20 hours in.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Baldur's gate 2 EE,there were a bunch of trannies that warped in my game.The bug was easy to fix,all it took was nice swords and a few fireballs.
Fore real now,Temple of Elemental Evil,i tried to play it like 5 times and the game is far too bugy even with the community patches.

Suicidal

Arcane
KOTOR 2 is the only game I dropped because of bugs. The game would just fuck up sometimes and I couldn't progress my quests because the NPCs would randomly disappear or stop talking to me or talk to me as if the quest was completed. It happened often after I reloaded the game. At some point I just got tired of it.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
How could no one mention Kotor 2? This game is so buggy, you get diffrent experience everytime you start another playtrough, replayabillity 10/10

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
STALKER: Clear Sky on launch. The game was broken and every patch broke save compatibility with previous versions. The game wasn't very good compared to SoC or CoP either.

mbv123

Arbiter
KOTOR 2 is the only game I dropped because of bugs. The game would just fuck up sometimes and I couldn't progress my quests because the NPCs would randomly disappear or stop talking to me or talk to me as if the quest was completed. It happened often after I reloaded the game. At some point I just got tired of it.
This
I remember I got constantly stuck on Nar Shadaa because the Red Eclipse continued to take my ship even after I killed them before. Couldn't continue the MQ and had no save files before the trigger that worked past it. Needless to say, about 16 hours of progress was lost.

Leitz

Learned
This thread made me thinking. Comes out that I've NEVER encounted an annoying bug. Wow.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Years ago I tried playing Dungeon Lords.
Despite it being objectively bad, I quite enjoyed some aspects of its janky randomness. Unfortunately the game was crashing like crazy, and eventually kept crashing at one specific spot I couldn't get over, so I gave up.
I think I own the director's cut, or whatever newer version, but I've not tried it yet.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gothic 3. As has been mentioned, it is playable now with the community patch. Turns out the game is very meh, even with the bugs gone. So I'm not sure that counts.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Gothic 3. As has been mentioned, it is playable now with the community patch. Turns out the game is very meh, even with the bugs gone. So I'm not sure that counts.
Amusingly, it's my father's favourite Gothic game and he's been playing it for some five years, over and over.

tindrli

Arcane
zorro on C64
Bards tale 3 Amiga (repaired)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom