Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Even Call of Duty: Ghosts is going PC hipster these days - Released

Luzur

Good Sir
they are sabotaging the CoD franchise so that all the retarded faggots move on to the subscription based Destiny. They will make way more money collecting subs than pumping out shit every year.
You realize they barely care about the PC audience right?

As long as people keep buying it on Xbox, they're happy.

you heard it first from me, bro:

"I have stood knee deep in DRM and Quest Markers, and filled my mouth with Mtn Dew. I have seen forums

fall. I have lain with Xbox One and copulated with the Playstation 4. I have dug trenches for the Old

School refugees; I have murdered Kickstart Projects where the ground never thaws, and starved the PC

masses into faith. A PC Gamer's shadow burnt into the Computer Screen. A house of Graphic cards in the

trashbin. The PC Crowd, the PC Crowd, Codex! trod and bled and denied GTA and starved and beaten and

murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century! They will eat them Codex! they will make console

casuals of you all and they will bury their gamepads into your ribs and they will eat your hearts!"

DemonKing

Arcane
According to latest UK sales charts Ghosts sales on PC were less than 1% of total sales:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1732&s=1111

Why the hell would they give a toss about fixing the PC version with that result? Of course, sales would probably be better if they actually optimised the game for PC, included dedicated servers etc but I'm sure Activision suits are looking at that figure and deciding not to bother with releasing the next COD game on PC at all.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
According to latest UK sales charts Ghosts sales on PC were less than 1% of total sales:

Why the hell would they give a toss about fixing the PC version with that result? Of course, sales would probably be better if they actually optimised the game for PC, included dedicated servers etc but I'm sure Activision suits are looking at that figure and deciding not to bother with releasing the next COD game on PC at all.

Worthless. Doesn't include Steam.

DemonKing

Arcane

I can't believe the Steam sales were any better if the situation elsewhere is anywhere like here in Australia where you could get a boxed copy on release for between $60-70 AUS but on Steam you had to pay $89.95 US.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

I can't believe the Steam sales were any better if the situation elsewhere is anywhere like here in Australia where you could get a boxed copy on release for between $60-70 AUS but on Steam you had to pay $89.95 US.
The situation elsewhere is not like that.

Infinitron singled out steam, but I bet it doesn't include *any* digital distribution, which is like 90% of the pc market.

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
Infinitron singled out steam, but I bed it doesn't include *any* digital distribution, which is like 90% of the pc market.

In any case all DD copies have to be played on Steam and those numbers are down substantially - topping out at under 50 000 playing at launch if you combine Single and Multi-player figures (compare to launch of Black Ops which had over 150 000 players simultaneously at launch):

http://www.pcgamesn.com/callofduty/call-duty-ghost-its-former-self-pc-and-numbers-prove-it

Maybe the inflated system requirements put people off or they were just sick of the same old shovelware year after year with no effort put into the PC versions but I would expect the PC version to hit the bargin bins soonish.

Dr Tomo

Learned

:lol: I can't believe people still read that people still read that shit when it comes to learning about PC sales #'s. You are aware that they just take guesses like DFC does when it comes to sales since none of the DD's actually release their sales or financial figures as they are all privately owned. The only thing that is accurate about the figures they give is the console games and that is if it was bought through a store and not their online store.

RPGMaster

Savant
34ypl7c.jpg

:retarded:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Some maps are actually a little on the too large side, at least for the 12 players on the console version.

Not too complex though, just a lot of options this time.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In other news, I am playing CoD:Ghosts - the popamole of popamoles.

I am getting killed with a single shot. Reloading, reloading, reloading.

Might be the fact that every soldier, artillery and aircraft automatically focus all of their fire at me if I stick out my neck in the open, but still.

I'd say this is hard and occasionally frustrating. Yet the enemies are not bullet sponges, they die in 1-2 shots too.

What gives?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
God damn dumbfuck moderation. That post had MAYBE something to do with the fact that even in god damn popamole shooters one can have hard difficulty, where as "hardcore" cRPGs dumbed down to shit.

But naaah, move it to a thread in GG. Yeah, good job. Here, have a fucking cookie!

DDZ

Patron
I only play Domination, it's my favorite game mode by far.

Been playing with the riotshield today, lots of fun, struggling to keep a 1.0 k/d with it, but I am always leading in score and most points capped, so it's fine by me.

Also sound whoring is finally back, in a big way, with amplify and my headphones on I can easily pinpoint everyone's location. Mostly have Dead Silence on too, but it hardly seems worth it, seems like no one figures out how to listen.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
God damn dumbfuck moderation. That post had MAYBE something to do with the fact that even in god damn popamole shooters one can have hard difficulty, where as "hardcore" cRPGs dumbed down to shit.

But naaah, move it to a thread in GG. Yeah, good job. Here, have a fucking cookie!

Glory glory to clusterfuck megathreads! You can thank Infinitron for that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Be less subtle next time.

(BTW I didn't move the posts)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Defend sites that ignore digital sales if you want, but let me ask you one question: if PC sales made up 1% of multiplatform game sales, why the hell would publishers still make PC versions period? Why the hell have they been improving ports for the last few years and bragging about PC sales numbers?

DemonKing

Arcane
Why the hell have they been improving ports for the last few years and bragging about PC sales numbers?

:notsureifserious:

Huh? Can you give me one example of a COD game released since Modern Warfare 4 in which you thought the port was an improvement? Ghosts was supposed to be the big improvement with dedicated servers but by the time they come along no one will still be playing, most likely, if they're ever implemented at all.

It doesn't matter whether there were more sales on digital channels or not - the basic number of players on Steam playing new release COD titles has been dwindling markedly over the last few installments.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Huh? Can you give me one example of a COD game released since Modern Warfare 4 in which you thought the port was an improvement? Ghosts was supposed to be the big improvement with dedicated servers but by the time they come along no one will still be playing, most likely, if they're ever implemented at all.

It doesn't matter whether there were more sales on digital channels or not - the basic number of players on Steam playing new release COD titles has been dwindling markedly over the last few installments.

I was speaking in general, not just about CoD.

In any event no matter how you slice it you're an idiot for ignoring digital sales on PC in 2013 and acting like that's rational, so this is a stupid argument.

DemonKing

Arcane

So basically there are tons of companies out there boasting about increasing PC sales numbers and putting oodles of resources into making their PC versions better (just not COD)? Okaaaay....now I know you're not serious.

In any event no matter how you slice it you're an idiot for ignoring digital sales on PC in 2013 and acting like that's rational, so this is a stupid argument.

I'm not ignoring them at all (all I did was quote an article with boxed sales numbers - I never said they were the only sales). Whether you buy boxed or digital you still have to play on Steam and the overall numbers on Steam have dropped off a lot year by year with regards to COD. PC players are gradually abandoning it any way you look at it. Read the whole thread on this page and you'll see I posted an article about this already.

Raapys

Arcane
So how is it? The MP obviously, since no one cares about SP. Did we get dedicated servers? Can you adjust network settings like updaterate in console/config? Can you alter the FOV?

Those are really the only questions I care about when it comes to new CoD games. The games themselves are, with the exception of the maps, entirely identical. The one that managed to get it all right was BlackOps 1(well, also the original MW, but that had boringer maps). Despite the very troublesome release, it ended up being the best MP arcade shooter I've played since CS. And then, with every version after that, we got crappy matchmaking with no network settings adjustable, no fov, etc. Gods, what a bunch of talentless designers they must have.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So basically there are tons of companies out there boasting about increasing PC sales numbers and putting oodles of resources into making their PC versions better (just not COD)? Okaaaay....now I know you're not serious.

Have been paying any fucking attention the last few years? Digital delivery, Steam and sales have combined to make PC gaming a big factor in publisher games for a while now. As a result we're getting better and better ports and more PC features.

Now will that hold up to new console releases? Who knows.

DeepOcean

Arcane

I'm not ignoring them at all (all I did was quote an article with boxed sales numbers - I never said they were the only sales). Whether you buy boxed or digital you still have to play on Steam and the overall numbers on Steam have dropped off a lot year by year with regards to COD. PC players are gradually abandoning it any way you look at it. Read the whole thread on this page and you'll see I posted an article about this already.
Not only PC people are abandoning Call of Duty, the series is losing momentum for awhile and Ghosts just hit another low. Activision is already engineering the next FPS to milk, Destiny (Halo + Borderlands with sweet microtransactions to make Kotick happy, so he doesn't need to sell 20 million copies to make gigatons of money). Have look at this:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/call-duty-ghosts-sees-sales-2786720, the today's cows are giving their last milk and new cows are being raised.

Last edited:

DDZ

Patron
I have enjoyed every single cod on consoles since mw1. Initial months after release we would play a few hours every evening. The only ones I didn't play much were the black ops.

Only got one soldier to Max level in ghosts so far. But i doubt I will have a problem getting to Max prestige in this one

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom