Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Even Call of Duty: Ghosts is going PC hipster these days - Released

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

And the comments below fucking defend this shit, and truly believe that it is a homage. This blows my mind, why would they make a homage to a scene in the ending of MW2? How can anyone defend this????

Hey bro, think about it, they are not spending too much with animations and cutscenes, so they can improve gameplay :troll:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

This doesn't make it right. Sure, there are examples for this in the movie industries. Hell, Top Gun reused tons of scenes within the SAME movie. But CoD is a AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA++ game, they should have the time and money.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Codexers are cuming over every shitty generic 1:1 Panzer General / X-Com clone so you tell me why it should be any different for CoD fans.

25 mln people wouldn't be buying CoD every single year if it was shit for them. It's top1 seller on Steam too. Must be all those journos buying the game again and again?
Tell me again how many X-Com and Panzer General clones actually exist.

Codexers aren't buying a new one every year for 60-100 dollars.

abija

Prophet
Codexers are cuming over every shitty generic 1:1 Panzer General / X-Com clone so you tell me why it should be any different for CoD fans.

25 mln people wouldn't be buying CoD every single year if it was shit for them. It's top1 seller on Steam too. Must be all those journos buying the game again and again?
I meant the reviewers that go from 9 to 5 or shit like that between 2 iterations (since you answered to a post talking about journalists).
The opinion of the masses can be discussed when the wallet votes comes in. I doubt it will give any reason to change for next year, unless they estimated a serious increase in sales.

This doesn't make it right. Sure, there are examples for this in the movie industries. Hell, Top Gun reused tons of scenes within the SAME movie. But CoD is a AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA++ game, they should have the time and money.

Yeah, what AAA industry really needs is more pointless waste of resources. Cheap reuse of assets is an advantage of the medium they should be using. How is that even different from reusing models, textures or basic animations?

Though the animations aren't identical and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in fact a copy paste, which makes it even worse.

Last edited:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hooked up my PS3 just now, almost finished updating.

Gonna pwn some n00bs yaknow.

Machocruz

Arcane
Disney is lame because they use the same stock expressions and gestures over and over, not to mention the same facial templates. No evidence of observation of actual human beings (which is the basis of good caricature, which is what cartooning is). Golden age Warner Bros. owned them when it came to specific and unique character expression.

However, a game like CoD doesn't hinge on character performance, for normal players, so it doesn't matter if they reuse animations.

DemonKing

Arcane
Apparently the Steam numbers are down a lot from BOPS2...might be the stupidly high system requirements or simply that PC players are sick of being told they're going to get dedicated servers and then being fed P2P crap again.

http://games.on.net/2013/11/call-of...-ward-accused-of-copying-their-own-cutscenes/

Interesting to note that numbers for both BOPS2 and Ghosts are but a shadow of previous incarnations - are PC gamers simply sick of being given an annual dose of the same old crap or have they simply moved on elsewhere?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
are PC gamers simply sick of being given an annual dose of the same old crap or have they simply moved on elsewhere?

Most likely "moved on" to Battlefield 4, which is exactly the same (or worse) than Battlefield 3.

That's because you haven't bought its expanded DLC packs that is coming soon in 2014.
Armored Assault: Armor Armor Armor
Air Superiority Pack: Jet Helo
Covert Ops: Gadget
Night Ops: Night Night
Global Crisis: Terrorism

The loyal CoD playerbase is mostly on the xbox.

And the comments below fucking defend this shit, and truly believe that it is a homage. This blows my mind, why would they make a homage to a scene in the ending of MW2? How can anyone defend this????

Er, not that I defend using the same exact animation, but what's so weird about that?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
The loyal CoD playerbase is mostly on the xbox.

Er, not that I defend using the same exact animation, but what's so weird about that?
Because that scene is nothing special IMO. Usually homage is made for classic, important characters, scenes.

Dr Tomo

Learned

Oh you must have missed the memo that was passed down from Kotick. Due to wow sub #'s decline and the Cod franchise losing steam Kotick decided that the majority of the resources needed to toward Destiny so he can make back his +$80 million investment he gave to Vivendi to own Activision. Kotick realizes that the consumer base are a bunch of retards as it was admitted "Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward has suggested that the people most engaged with the franchise aren't really gamers at all, as they don't play any titles that aren't affiliated with the series." Kotick is one business savy man and knows how to make money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom