Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Even Call of Duty: Ghosts is going PC hipster these days - Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Call of Duty Ghosts receive 5/10> Destructoid
Call of Duty Ghosts receive 3/5> Giant bomb
Call of Duty Ghosts receive 8.8/10> IGN

Looks like Activision forgot to give Doirtos/Dew to some of the their marketing departments. Luckily Kotick is generous so we will see a revision in a week or two and a apology for the mistake.

I wonder if CoD sales are even affected by review scores.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, the embargo is up, and the first reviews are in about CoD:Ghosts. And it seems even the paid reviews won't save the game, because everybody thinks that it just another CoD game, without any new or interesting thing in it. But hey, it has a dog. Let's just hope that there is only one way for this series from now on: downwards.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-ghosts/critic-reviews

Caim

Arcane
"The campaign isn't exactly bad, but it is a banal shooting gallery without the remarkable setpieces or memorable moments to carry it." - Sterling definitely trolling for clicks. Funny enough it's probably the closest score to reality he gave to a CoD game, even though he probably thinks it's so low it will be rage worthy.
I believe that was his last review he wrote for Destructoid, so I figure he can get away with it.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its still gonna sell 10 million atleast. We all know consoletards love their shooters. Dog and moving fish is enough of a novelty to spend 60 bucks.
The other studio is already half way towards finishing the next CoD, and I can bet IW already started on Ghosts 2. This train is gonna be hard to stop, IMO.

Machocruz

Arcane
Game jernalists just trying to build some last minute credibility before a new round of AAA cock polishing begins with the next generation's new IPs.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
One of my fav youtubers who I usually follow for my fighting games medicine is also a fan of CoD and hes been playing em since CoD4 did a multiplayer review of the Ghosts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23jjKbJI8no
If you dont wanna watch hes pretty much saying hes bored already, feels the same as MW3 and 6vs6 max players is retarded.
Not alot of positives and not much new and good he can mention about the game, hence the video title.

abija

Prophet
I believe that was his last review he wrote for Destructoid, so I figure he can get away with it.
Why would he need to "get away with it" for clickbaiting?

So, the embargo is up, and the first reviews are in about CoD:Ghosts. And it seems even the paid reviews won't save the game, because everybody thinks that it just another CoD game, without any new or interesting thing in it. But hey, it has a dog. Let's just hope that there is only one way for this series from now on: downwards.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-ghosts/critic-reviews

Don't really understand the outrage some reviewers show that it's still CoD, campaign it's still popamole on rails and so on. There was no reason whatsoever to expecting something different.
If they keep making the same game each year and get considerable sales, what possible reasons could someone invoke in a meeting to change the formula?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The game takes <2gb of RAM, and the min. requirement is inexplicably 6gb... and 64-bit.

There's already a crack on TPB which allows it to run on 4GB, but I guess nobody can recompile the executable to run on 32-bit systems.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Looks like Activision forgot to give Doirtos/Dew to some of the their marketing departments. Luckily Kotick is generous so we will see a revision in a week or two and a apology for the mistake.

I love that COD is finally getting mainstream scorn. It took about 8 years, but people are finally sick of being milked for $100+ every 2 years.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I love that COD is finally getting mainstream scorn. It took about 8 years, but people are finally sick of being milked for $100+ every 2 years.

Well, MW3 got some mainstream scorn too. And of course RPS heaps scorn on it every year, but for reasons you wouldn't approve of.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Game jernalists just trying to build some last minute credibility before a new round of AAA cock polishing begins with the next generation's new IPs.
Or maybe CoD Ghosts is just shit by any standard.

You are forgetting that people who were writing reviews about CoD actually liked it.

Machocruz

Arcane
Or maybe CoD Ghosts is just shit by any standard.

You are forgetting that people who were writing reviews about CoD actually liked it.

Maybe it is shit. Probably. But that never mattered when the point is to prop up the Industry, for which CoD served it's purpose. They'll "like" anything as long as it serves this purpose. Now it's time to throw the old hotness under the bus so they can claim legitimate critique cred before the next round of AAA hyperbole begins.

Last edited:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Or maybe they just like the game? Just like 25 millions of other people do?

But man this can't be that simple, there's gotta be some conspiracy

abija

Prophet
Or maybe they just like the game? Just like 25 millions of other people do?

But man this can't be that simple, there's gotta be some conspiracy
Yes it can't be that simple when the game barely changes, which they even note in the reviews. What happened, not enough junk food thrown their way to get them in popamole enjoyment mood?

RK47: maps too large could be a legitimate complaint for a MP shooter.

Oh lel, it's that time again.

Review said:
LsJSsN.jpg

Internet said:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yes it can't be that simple when the game barely changes, which they even note in the reviews. What happened, not enough junk food thrown their way to get them in popamole enjoyment mood?

Codexers are cuming over every shitty generic 1:1 Panzer General / X-Com clone so you tell me why it should be any different for CoD fans.

25 mln people wouldn't be buying CoD every single year if it was shit for them. It's top1 seller on Steam too. Must be all those journos buying the game again and again?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Liking clones of good games vs liking clones of shit games vs liking Arma, Fahrenheit and KotOR. Which is better and why? Discuss!

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Call Of Duty: Ghosts 6GB Of RAM Requirement Is Fake, Modders Offer Patch

So you know how Activision let loose the official system requirements of Call of Duty: Ghosts for PC and it stated that it required 6GB of RAM? Remember that? Just in case you forgot we reported on the system requirements here and even if you fanboys want a more reputable source, you can check out the story on CVG. Well, the system requirements for Call of Duty: Ghosts on PC are bogus and modders have offered a fix for the problem.

So originally, it was uncovered that those with early access to the game tried running it on a system with only 4GB of system RAM. A user posted up a photo of the error message for a system trying to run the game on anything less than 6GB on Guru3D's forum, which you can view below.

As noted on Incgamers, the user used Window's task manager to actually monitor the RAM usage and it turns out that the game barely uses 2GB, with the user writing...

“RAM usage so far (Task manager, unsure about VRAM.) is usually around 1.1 – 1.8 GB. (Maybe it continues to grow the more you play, without unloading as maps change and such? Which isn’t ideal.),”

Regardless of how they designed the title, the game does not, I repeat, does not require 6GB of RAM. Even more than this, modders released a patch to get a workaround for the issue.

As noted on DSO Gaming, there is a crack for the game that allows PC users with at least 4GB of RAM to play Call of Duty: Ghosts and bypass the 6GB requirement.

The crack seems to be available mostly on torrents so tread on that ground cautiously and use the file at your own risk, but you can easily search up the fix by looking for a file on search engines called: Call.of.Duty.Ghosts.RAMfix.Crack.Only-3DM

It's kind of a huge pile of bullcrap that Infinity Ward would pull something like this. It's either a showcase of trying to up-sell the game's next-generation status by forcing the requirement of higher system specifications or just a sign of lazy porting.

Some gamers believe that this was a marketing ploy – requiring gamers to have 6GB of RAM – by Activision in order to compete with Electronic Arts and DICE whose Battlefield 4 is also pushing some rather beefy specifications for high-end PC gaming.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Ca...quirement-Fake-Modders-Offer-Patch-60336.html

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom