Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europareich 2057 - A Cyberpunk CYOA

Erebus

Arcane
Don't ascribe to malice what can be blamed on stupidity. He wanted to pawn guard duty off on Ida so that he could get drunk and score some pussy while she did all the work, there isn't much more to this. Don't fall victim to the paranoia, interrogating him will be a waste of time.

It feels too much of a coincidence for his team to have been partying on the very night there was a terrorist attack in a normally quiet part of the city. Gotenhafen is not necessarily a traitor himself, but he may have been manipulated or a member of his team may have leaked information. It's very likely that the terrorists chose to strike that night because they knew in advance that the patrol wouldn't be a problem.

laclongquan

Arcane
lady_commissar_by_sirbronson-d4osesv.png
Will you close the coat but bulging it more nicely? open coat is like showing off in man and too come-on in woman. Closed coat for professionalism but bulging it for the SexPot appeal.
This for inspiration
article-0-0A8A4582000005DC-218_468x506.jpg

Monty

Arcane
A2 (Beauvais, Borg, Mazowiecka, Laukaitis)

I agree with Esquilax that taking our (apparently) 4 best recruits on our first mission makes sense, but if we have to split our squad in future it might make sense to mix it up a bit more so we can evaluate/develop more members of the squad. Even Richter may have some hidden talents for explosives / stealth / etc. Otherwise half the squad will remain cannon fodder while the rest turn into Rico's Roughnecks.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If Germany/EuroReich got rid of multiculti they could get rid of present time rabid pacifism as well which means serving in army is again MUST for scions of elite. So I suspect Richter can be another von Richthoven who failed to impress his Instructors by failing from his horse but can have some other talents. Which means A and 2 with Richten taken instead of Borg or Frogman. We must check all of our soldiers not only best ones.

Esquilax

Arcane
It feels too much of a coincidence for his team to have been partying on the very night there was a terrorist attack in a normally quiet part of the city. Gotenhafen is not necessarily a traitor himself, but he may have been manipulated or a member of his team may have leaked information. It's very likely that the terrorists chose to strike that night because they knew in advance that the patrol wouldn't be a problem.

A fair point, there might be someone in Gotenhafen's squad that tipped off the attackers. Oliva is an otherwise safe area, and the fact that a terrorist attack occurred there on the same night that his squad was getting shitfaced is certainly suspicious.

Nevertheless, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Ida is pretty knowledgable with explosives, so investigating the bombing site would likely yield some clues for her. It would also mean we could get first-hand accounts on the situations and the attackers. It would give us an idea of who we're dealing with.

I agree with Esquilax that taking our (apparently) 4 best recruits on our first mission makes sense, but if we have to split our squad in future it might make sense to mix it up a bit more so we can evaluate/develop more members of the squad. Even Richter may have some hidden talents for explosives / stealth / etc. Otherwise half the squad will remain cannon fodder while the rest turn into Rico's Roughnecks.

This is a good point. A guy like Richter could have potential to be an awesome field medic or something, so being a bad shot doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be a liability. Likewise, even though Borg seems like a natural soldier, he might also be a hot-headed asshole with a tendency to undermine us. We still don't really know much about our individual squad members and there are still lots of unknowns.

However, the reason that I picked these particular soldiers is that we at least have some idea of their capabilities or personalities. We might know very little about them, but that's still better than nothing. We know Borg and and Machiewska are good shots, we know Beauvais is a firm believer in the Euroreich, and we know that Laukaitis is a little hesitant behind the trigger, but probably eager to earn respect as well.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Will you close the coat but bulging it more nicely? open coat is like showing off in man and too come-on in woman. Closed coat for professionalism but bulging it for the SexPot appeal.

I don't really understand what you're saying here. For clarification's sake, I didn't draw that, I wish I had the talent.

Cassidy

Arcane
You're out of reality. Considering the talent of the usual voters to get characters in really bad situations, if you're lucky, this is how Ida will end looking like, give or take some ugly scars:

AnnaNavarreEarlyRender2.png

Hellraiser

Arcane
Chapter III

„This makes no sense!” - you think as you check the records. Gefreiter Richter’s firing range scores from basic are not the best, but they’re still far above what you saw yesterday. They look average, not really falling behind or getting ahead of the rest of recruits who were in basic with him.

After closing his training file you open up his med data. The overall examination score is 73% - fit for duty in the Army or Europamarine, not enough to let him become a pilot or anything above ground support crew in the Luftwaffe. A generic score, one not that different from the rest of the people that were in training with him or the soldiers he is with now.

You scour the Net for something else, until you stumble across a generic social media profile on “egosocial.net”. The profile looks clean, he mostly likely purged any content that might have been a red flag before the Bundeswehr recruiters ran a background check. Or maybe he was responsible enough not to post any potentially shameful content on the Net.

You also found a few political comments, signed with his name Otto Richter, on the Brasilia Tribune and HJ News websites. While you could considering it problematic, that he browses such “unsympathetic” to the European cause news sites as those two South American ones, his comments reveal a pro-Europareich attitude. Assuming those are his.

Regardless this is as much as you can dig up on him without resorting to professional, and illegal, data extraction. Eriksen known also as “K3s13r”, an acquaintance from your pre-military past, owes you one last favor. Perhaps he could check it out if you do not want to hire any shady elements.

The Grünfelde Alley, a seemingly never-ending urban route. Caged-in between corporate towers on both sides, it looks like a man-made canyon with a river of asphalt and strassenbahn tracks flowing in the middle, with some of the older and shorter buildings also ending up trapped between the walls of steel, glass, concrete and digital displays of the corporate monoliths. The Nav-HUD of your implant informs you that you are still a long way from your destination in Oliva.

The Neinmask Sieben rushes past the other vehicles in Langfur, most of them hydrogen powered. The darkness of the corporate towers’ shade lets the bright 3D displays attack you from all sides with advertisements even during the middle of the day. “GFG - securing your financial future and wealth”, “Khomyak Petroleum – providing you with all the energy you and your family needs to be happy”, “Become more than just a Homo Sapiens, visit the Blakermore Systems Implant Saloon today!” - their photon scream echoes in the twilight of the alley.

Even the number 6 strassenbahn you pass by is covered in a display, advertising the “security services” of Aegis Inc., a private army that became famous for defending Moscow’s Oligarchs from Kalugin’s army during the Schism of 2042. You try to focus on driving, but you know that the corporations did everything they could so that you would focus on their maze of electronic screens instead.

Oliva, the Fuschs Implant Saloon and Clinic, a scorched and smoldering mess hidden behind the offices and stores of GrünfeldeAlley. A few cops guard the site from pesky journalists and curious locals. With Gotenhafen under arrest, the Major has agreed to let you take over the investigation, after all you have experience in dealing with bombings.

At the site TSZ-Polizei officer Orłowski, one of the local cops who decided to stay when the TSZ was formed, is handcuffing a university girl.

“What did she do officer? Is she connected to the incident somehow?” You ask him.

“No, unless you count being a wannabe news-stream vulture as a connection.” He answers.

“I have rights!” The young woman shouts.

“Tell that to Feldwebel Westgard lady. As you were trespassing on a crime scene, one under the investigation of the Tri-Stadt Spezial Zone Bundeswehr Garrison, you will answer to her.”

She looks upon you and scowls.

“I want to see my lawyer!” She yells.

“You will get to see one when the time is right, for now I want to see your ID.” You tell her, her hostility isn’t particularly threatening in your opinion.

“I want to see my lawyer you fascists!” She growls at you, does she honestly think you find her threatening?

“Gefreiter Mazowiecka, search the young lady for an ID.”

The girl resists but she can’t do much while handcuffed and held by Officer Orłowski. “Stop molesting me you volksdeutsche!” She screams hinting that she may also have had a political motivation here, rather than just a financial one of making a video to sell to some news corp. “Damn you Germans and your volksdeutsche lackeys!”

“I’m Norwegian and you’re not exactly helping your case here, by being so uncooperative and insulting us at that citizen.” You calmly reply.

“I found it Frau Feldwebel,” Anna announces, “Marta Żuławska, born on 05.04.2036 in Weihersfrey, ID-No. 36240592712. I also found a student ID, Danzig University no. 433298.”

You take the documents from Anna and look at them closely, as if you were hypnotized by them. You focus thus sending a signal to the neural interface ordering it to save the image.

“I know that stare, you’re a mech ain’t you? A nazi cyborg making photographs, don’t you have enough data on me in your gestapo database!?” Miss Żuławska shouts.

“A bit bitchy isn’t she Frau Feldwebel?” Gefreiter Borg says.

He is right, she’s likely to be more trouble than she’s worth. While you doubt she may have been directly involved in the bombing, she may be connected to some anti-european right-wing group that doesn’t like the fact this area is under temporary Europareich governance. Either way it may be a valid angle of investigation.
With Żuławska being taken care of, you finally investigate the bomb site.

“Judging by the burns and the destruction,” you start explaining , “my guess is the blast originated from the left side of the Saloon’s display window. The attacker may have thrown a charge inside of the building from a passing vehicle or he got inside and planted it before anyone noticed.”

“For this kind of destruction Frau Feldwebel,” Laukaistis comments, “the charge would have to be pretty massive if it was a home-made explosive. I doubt anyone short of an Olympian or an augmented person could have thrown one. Unless they had access to military-grade explosives, possibly some kind of plastic explosive.”

“That is correct Gefreiter,” you tell him surprised by his detailed and plausible hypothesis, “where did you learn this?”

“I paid close attention to my professor at the Jagielonian University in Cracow, his were arguably the least boring lecture regarding nitrates. Too bad there were so few of them.” Oskaras answers.

“Military-grade? Could these be mujahedin getting supplies from France or England?” Henri asks.

“Out here? Doubtful, unless they hid themselves real well among the refugees or have some kind of front.” You explain. “Either way they would need to have good forged IDs and Net traces to pass through immigration processing. Even then a corp would have to hire them, and none I know of would risk hiring a Muslim and sending him to Europe, hoping nobody will notice. Then there is the issue of smuggling in explosives.”

“What about security footage?” Sven asks.

“The feed cuts-off a minute or two before the attack, a power outage was reported in the area during that time. Regretfully they did not invest in a backup power source.” Orłowski explains.

“Too convenient. Not only did the attackers not get recorded, but they could have used the darkness to sneak inside the clinic.” Sven replies.

“I agree, the cause of the outage is being investigated, possibly somebody hacked the power grid as it started working just fine 5 minutes later. What about eyewitness reports?” You ask.

“Nobody saw anything unusual, apart from the power outage, it seems to have distracted everyone. The saloon’s employees are dead, including the security guards. Only a surgeon and his assistant got out alive.” The cop replies.

“Anything else officer?”

“There was also a cashier from the GFG bank branch which shared the parking area with the clinic. He was about to get into his car when the attack happened, it knocked him away making him hit the car behind him. Oh and the other shift from the clinic including the manager is alive, they may know something.”

“With your permission Frau Feldwebel, Oskaras says, “I will collect samples for analysis to see what the terrorists used.”

“Good idea, stay here with the officer until we get back Gefreiter. The rest of us will investigate this further.”

You will…
1)…investigate the area more thoroughly, see if there is anything that could help you identify the attackers or their Modus Operandi.
2)…visit the DSE power company responsible for this part of the grid. Ask around and see what happened on their side.
3)…talk to the surgeon’s assistant, see what she remembers.
4)…talk to the surgeon, see what he remembers.
5)…talk to the manager and the other shift working at the Fuchs Implant Saloon and Clinic.
6)…visit the bank cashier in the hospital, ask him about the event.

As for Miss Żuławska the student activist/news vulture, you'll…
A)…let the cops handle her.
B)…try to get a warrant to search her apartment and disk contents for any interesting information.
C)…interrogate her personally.
D)…keep her locked down at the base until the trial, but otherwise ignore her.

Finally, regarding Gefreiter Richter…
X)…you’re done with this, digging further is a waste of your time.
Y)…attempt to hire a freelance hacker to see what he finds.
Z)…contact your old friend Eriksen a.k.a. K3s13r, have him repay that old favor.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Just a question, can any non-potatoes see the ł ż and other silly polish-invented letter in "Żuławska" and "Orłowski" or does it display weird characters in their place? If so I'll substitute them with the closest polish characters and avoid using those in the future.

Baltika9

Arcane
Just a question, can any non-potatoes see the ł ż and other silly polish-invented letter in "Żuławska" and "Orłowski" or does it display weird characters in their place? If so I'll substitute them with the closest polish characters and avoid using those in the future.
All there.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
B
Y (though I'd really prefer a more institutional approach - can't we report the discrapency between Richter's training records and his actual skills to a proper inter-Europawehr investigation agency? They'll have hackers of their own...)

Hellraiser, could you give us a map of Europareich, the various Russian states, and the Muslim lands temporarily located in our continent? And could you update your Dungeon Keeper LP?

Hellraiser

Arcane
B
Y (though I'd really prefer a more institutional approach - can't we report the discrapency between Richter's training records and his actual skills to a proper inter-Europawehr investigation agency? They'll have hackers of their own...)

Hellraiser, could you give us a map of Europareich, the various Russian states, and the Muslim lands temporarily located in our continent? And could you update your Dungeon Keeper LP?

That first part is a WIP it needs a few more tweaks before I can post it, didn't want to delay the update. As for the second question, that will happen when SV finishes his Prisoner of Ice LP* :troll:

*maybe sooner, but not in the near future

laclongquan

Arcane
C
Y
Invest the area to see the traces, Interrogate her to see if she show any openings, and hire a freelancer hacker to investigate this matter. We save the last favour for something a little bit more important.

Monty

Arcane
B
Z
It seems we would have had an interesting time as the implant surgeon...

Richter's background is clearly a fabrication, so we must investigate further. Either he's someone with enough wealth and influence to arrange this, just to prove himself in the military for some reason, or more likely he's an intelligence operative of some sort. In which case the question is, whose side is he on? Internal security to monitor us, or from one of the opposing factions? Which also begs the question, why would they use someone with such obviously poor shooting skills to infiltrate a military unit?

Too many questions to simply ignore him.

Hellraiser

Arcane
It seems we would have had an interesting time as the implant surgeon...

Oh you don't even know the beginning of it, however you would *not* be working at the clinic that got bombed. You would have your own establishment and ties to shadier elements along with a fair share of trouble, but the things you could do. Well, let's just say that oath you took back at the Medical University, to do no harm, is open to some very liberal interpretation according to the would be implant surgeon PC.

I kind of regret that option didn't win. But don't worry, Ida has her fair share of planned trouble coming in her direction regardless of your choices and some because of them (like the murder which you could have stopped). However as always, those may help Ida survive and advance...

...or make here end up in a coffin covered by a Norwegian and Europareich flag.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
6BZ, let's interogate the witness before he will have ''accident'' in Hospital, this Poloniche bandit freelance journalist may be involved in this case and check Richter by friend... we don't know any hacker we can trusts, such things you check either by oficiall channels or Jethinio. ;) Regrets? We're not here to babysit locals but to scourge and purge Das EuroReich enemies, and I am using Kwan Keyboard and Unicode and see all ł ą ż.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom