Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Finally got the first of the Coptic Achievements:
RDdGkUQ.jpg

z1RJbs8.jpg

The game got a bit easy and boring right after i took Cairo and Alexandria. There was nothing stopping me from sweeping africa and colonising the east indies. I quickly got rich as shit and there isnt really anyone that can stand against me. It seems really easy to play Ethiopia after you get out of the early game. You are much stronger than your neighbours and you can easily get alliances with the strongest nations in Europe since they aren´t interested in conquering you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:hmmm:
It looks like a pointless and retarded DLC. More balance shit that makes every nation feel the same.

Maybe they had a MP session in that region for once and noticed how imbalanced it is. Can't have that!
Well don't know about that. Normally you could predict which country will get a massive boost just by seeing which country johan is playing. But now he is kicked off to spain.....soooo.

Mortmal

Arcane
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...athan-gives-more-development-options.1455879/
Focus Your Power in New EU4 Expansion - Leviathan Gives More Development Options

Picture a capital city that shines like a gemstone, improved by the wealth drawn from the hinterland - decorated by riches demanded from vassals. A capital not of a mighty territorial empire, but of a compact and concentrated state that can still use gold and favors to influence neighbors and rivals. Picture it and then make it so in Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan.

Leviathan is the newest expansion to Paradox’s flagship grand strategy game about the early modern world. Leviathan offers new tools that allow you to play “tall” with smaller and more focused realms with a few centers of power. It also has a host of other changes to well-established game features like Regencies and Colonies.

Among other things, Leviathan gives you new ways to quickly develop your capital, drawing resources and power from vassals or newly conquered territories, and allows you to build beyond your province’s construction limit if you are willing to pay the price.

Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan will be accompanied by a major free update that reworks the Southeast Asian and Australasian maps, with new nations, new cultures and new religions. This fascinating region of powerful monarchs and rich merchants takes on new color and offers new ways to play.

Release Date and Price will be communicated later.

The meta build is playing tall in MP, pick quantity and economic to get -10% dev cost policy, stack another 10% when province has full wealth, stack another 10% from improved trade nodes ,10% more from edict, another 10% from university, and if you are lucky you can get another even for 15%, oh and of course capital bonus, then religion bonus some +5% usually . Then its more profitable to build provinces than conquer . Pick quality as third idea to fill up the nation bar, no need to get anything else .
The DLC is supposed to make this even better with more buildings...

Last edited:

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Is there anything to do while "playing tall" aside from waiting until the mana pool is full and then pressing the right development button?

Is there anything to do while "playing tall" aside from waiting until the mana pool is full and then pressing the right development button?

No, unless you enjoy having 500k manpower as netherlands while France AI is bankrupt and has 0 manpower without you even attacking them.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
It seems paradox fucked my achievment with their patch as my savegame belonged to the patch previous to the one released today. Is there any way for me to fix this bar starting an entirely new game?

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
The DDs for Polynesia and Aotearoa and Aboriginal Australia are some of the dopest additions to the game so far.

20210215170717_1.jpg

Not only did they add a bunch of pre-state peoples to Aus, they didn't make the error of putting them all under a singular culture. (With bonus points for the new Dreamtime religion.)

20210215173636_1.jpg

New%20Zealand%20Archipelago.png

:hmmm:
It looks like a pointless and retarded DLC. More balance shit that makes every nation feel the same.

they literally made pre-leviathan peoples comelptelely different, wtf are you talking about man?

This is literally the kind of useless crap that was supposed to be abstracted away as native tribes in uncolonized provinces. The new DLC basically makes colonial ideas useless since all you have to do to spawn a CN is conquer five of the hundred new OPM tribals.

Vatnik Wumao
Current playthrough. Could've done without a coalition war, but oh well. I've also lost my alliance to Austria since they peaced out France before I ended the war, but they're friendly towards me and I'll reestablish our military ties once this punitive war is over.
fNLAb6g.jpg

anZiRWM.jpg

NI6LyGn.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Even if they had the bestest representation of pre-colonial Australia ever, those tags would still be tribal nations and playing tribal sucks ass no matter what. In fact, it sucks even worse than being in the Americas because the AI isn't going to colonize your shithole for like 300 years. FUN.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Subhanallah!

On my 7th try I finally managed to win a small victory against the Spanish and the Portuguese! Got Ceuta back from the infidels and broke up their alliance!

It remains to be seen if this was a good decisions or if I should have pressed my luck further. I haven't really hurt either of them except draining their manpower but now I at least control the strait and I will be able to call Morocco into the next war and have a defensive alliance with the Ottomans.

Also, my heir is a 4-6-6 beast so if I survive the next war I should be in good shape!

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

thesecret1

Arcane
This is literally the kind of useless crap that was supposed to be abstracted away as native tribes in uncolonized provinces. The new DLC basically makes colonial ideas useless since all you have to do to spawn a CN is conquer five of the hundred new OPM tribals.
Yep. To be honest, even north american tribes shouldn't have been included in the game – just ask yourself a question: "Did the colonizers need to build colonies in the place, or could they just conquer it and use the already present infrastructure?" With Aztecs or Incas, they sure could, as they were relatively advanced civilizations. With the likes of injuns or abbos... nope. Can't use tents and straw huts for anything, gotta built everything from the ground up, which is exactly what the colonization process was meant to be for. As is, you can just declare a couple wars and have the entirety of New Zealand "colonized" within a couple months.

Now, there is a solution to this where you CAN have stone age tribes present and playable without harming the colonization aspect. That solution was present in EU3 (where it was used for steppe hordes) – you cannot conquer the province in a war, but you can start a colonization process on it while at war with the tribe. If you lose occupation of the province before colonization is finished, you lose your progress, but if you finish the colonization, you gain the territory even without needing to sign a peace treaty. You then usually placed a couple troops on the province you wanted, and had it guard the place until colonizers finished their job.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
FOR FUCKS SAKE PARADOX! WERE YOU NOT CONTENT WITH BREAKING ONE OF MY CAMPAIGNS BUT NOW HAD TO GO AND BREAK A SECOND?!

Jesus Christ, just as I had a gotten a good start with Granada.. I think I'm taking a break from Eu4 for a while until things seen to be stable again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom