Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Barbarorum 2 alpha allegedly inbound

Esterhaze

Augur
So after I bad mouthed the EB team in another thread for taking their sweet time on a sequel to their first mod, I made my biannual pilgrimage to the Europa Barbarorum forums to see if there was any news on Sweboz javelineer skin 4b. Lo and behold, they have apparently just announced that the alpha version of their mod will be released in a few months.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...e-Mod-Address-Fall-2013-We-re-Almost-There-10

Salvete, cives Europae Barbarorum!

Today we have an incredibly exciting announcement to make: We are close to making an alpha release of our mod.

Europa Barbarorum II is a modification for the Medieval II: Total War expansion pack Kingdoms. Its setting is the Hellenistic world of 272 BC. Our goal is to make one of the most immerse and historically accurate experiences possible for players. For several years now, we have been working toward a first release and we are almost there.

What to expect?

EBII has been a long time coming. Everyone on the team knows that there will be very high expectations for it. We do hope this will be a great experience for those players; however, it should be known that this will be a very unpolished release. The effort required to modify M2:TW compared to Rome: TW is exponentially higher. This, combined with a relatively small pool of manpower, high member turnover and real life, has meant that completing the modification has taken much longer than any of us anticipated. This is especially true when taking into consideration the team's high standard of historical accuracy.

To that end, the team does plan to have all current factions playable in regards to units, recruitment, and governments. By no means will even these be final and there may be several placeholder descriptions and models. We do not intend to give a firm release date as we cannot guarantee that something catastrophic won't happen; however, we are pushing hard to make it soon.

Did not see that coming! Cheap assholes like me can now start to consider upgrading our video cards.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Wow, I forgot that this was still a thing. Can't believe that a release might be coming.

I remember when I first heard about this mod, my computer couldn't even play Medieval II: Total War.

Tigranes

Arcane
Great, I haven't played Total War in a while, nice to know there's a new installment coming.

Delbaeth

Learned
:bounce:

Just add to this the naval combat mod, and it will be definitely better than Rome II.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom