Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Stokowski

Arcane
Anyone (else) demoing this :obviously: title?

Stokowski

Arcane
Mountain roads,

Not really. There are plenty of twisty places but the whole map of Europe is so compressed (15:1 I think ?) that most geographical features just get kind of smooshed. Switzerland isn't greatly different from Czech Republic etc.

weather,

The rain and fog are excellent.

snow and ice,

I don't think they are included.

heavy traffic during peak-time.

Again, not really. There are significant build-ups of traffic, accidents, etc, but they don't seem tied to real-life timing (because the time is also compressed). So no real peak-times.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Thanks man. Still tempted to give it a try. Even if only to go through the Brenner Pass with this in the background.

And if you're in any way interested in OMSI find a copy of PC Gamer UK 242 PDF and read the Tim Stone article on the joys of driving a bus through Cold War West Berlin. It really does a marvelous job of explaining why the fuck people would want to play shit like this.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Played it on a full steering wheel (with pedals and shit) and was quite relaxing. Not a game when you look for action tho.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, I mentioned Giant Bomb's retard ways in BTE a few days ago. Can't use a fileshare site and eh has no idea what Winrar is. Generation MOBILE.

Quite interested in the game, though.

Gord

Arcane
We should add this to the Codex' emoticons:

Severian Silk

Game was relaxing at first but then I got sick of the repetitiveness. I.e. there are only a handful of different types of on/off ramps that get reused repeatedly, and being unable to really explore cities was disappointing.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Truck MMO? With trucks standing in a miles-long jam and players cursing each other for driving? Sounds like a dream come true.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Bought it on steam sale, it's fun. Also great game to play while listening to music.

Keshik

Arcane
Truck MMO? With trucks standing in a miles-long jam and players cursing each other for driving? Sounds like a dream come true.

That would be pretty awesome, have players ramming each other out of frustration.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
That would be pretty awesome, have players ramming each other out of frustration.

Sadly, trolls would render the game unplayable. Don't get me wrong, it would be funny to troll, but it's going to get old fast and it's never going to end.

Might as well just call it Troll Truck Simulator MMO if it ever gets made.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How exactly is this strategy gaming?
Because you can choose a strategy of being a slow law-abiding driver who might deliver load in delay or a driver that speeds and drives breaking the traffic laws, risking an accident, however, always being on time.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
You can also hire other drivers to do deliveries for you. Strategically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom