Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Etrian Odyssey IV announced for 3DS

made

Arcane
Why are you so butthurt? This game isn't for the PC.
It is, actually.
So why is the title "Etrian Odyssey IV announced for 3DS" instead of "Etrian Odyssey IV announced for PC"? Tell me, please.
What matters is that it's playable on PC, and comfortably so with mouse and keyboard, which is more than can be said about recent optimized-for-gamepad PC titles.
Almost everything is playable on the PC. I don't think that should matter.
Then what should? These days there's no clear distinction in design between PC and console games.

I should think when a game comes around that is, content-wise, much closer to classic RPGs than what is usually discussed in the RPG section, then it belongs in that section. Especially in light of Jaesun's incessant TURN-BASED TURN-BASED whining in every thread, this arbitrary thread moving minigame is laughable.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Maroon-nie, for someone who isn't an anime fan you sure limit most of your posting to anime games. You're from Russia: a country with a rich history... don't be a weeaboo!

MMXI

Arcane
Then what should? These days there's no clear distinction in design between PC and console games.
It's pretty easy, actually. If there is no PC version then it doesn't belong.

made

Arcane
You're either retarded or successfully trolling me. Either way, it's time to bow out of this discussion. HF

lightbane

Arcane
Bunch of weeboos ganging up on Jaesun. How quaint.
This.

Stop right there, criminal scums, or some Prince Stomper is going to nail your ass!

Also: define RPG and jRPG yo nigz.

:rpgcodex:

Nowadays, Rpgs are action games with minor stats, sex scenes/romances, horrible emotionally challenging story and near 70% of the budget is spent in marketing. Jrpgs are horrible games with outdated things such as turn-based combat, gameplay, fun and challenge. But since they're made in Japan they automatically become shit :M

pipka

Savant
Weeboo thread. Got moved. 24 hours later. 6+ pages of replies, rage, butthurt and trolling. Never change, Codex. Never change.

MMXI

Arcane
You're either retarded or successfully trolling me. Either way, it's time to bow out of this discussion. HF
:hmmm:

Please explain to me how Etrian Odyssey IV is a PC RPG if it doesn't have a PC version. Also, please explain to me how I'm retarded or how I'm trolling you. Thanks.

pipka

Savant
I hope that somewhere in the vastness of the Net there is a place called JRPGKodexu.jp and die-hard yellow WRPG amateurs are changing that place from within to the dismay of their Yuna-loving overlords. Balance have to exist...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I hope that somewhere in the vastness of the Net there is a place called JRPGKodexu.jp and die-hard yellow WRPG amateurs are changing that place from within to the dismay of their Yuna-loving overlords. Balance have to exist...

hahahahahha!

:yeah:

deuxhero

Arcane
Got to ask, played the first game to floor 8 (the one with the fountian) and pretty much droped it for one singular reason: Fucking Sleepgel (and that other thing that causes sleep on floor 8 I forget the name of) ambushe TPKs every fucking time I go down.

Did the sequels fix this? I wouldn't mind if I could find something to null sleep at this point (so I at least have someone awake enough to run) or if they weren't strong enough attackers on their own to ORKO front liners with the bonus to damage from sleeping.

Did the sequels get rid of the "unavoidable" failures like that?

Repressed Homosexual
Yeah Jaesun nearly always moved my RPG threads to general gaming for whatever obscure standards he holds and retardoed my Wizardry music thread for reasons I couldn't fathom, I just gave up ultimately. Whatever, who cares, let the nitpicky elitists be nitpicky elitists and rub one out to their Amiga chiptune music while the rest of us will play actual games instead of trying to pass up as smug and too good to play every single new game release that isn't a direct copy-paste of Fallout or an early 90s DOS game.

Anyway, much thanks for posting this news, MaroonSkein. This is the reason why I purchased a 3DS, and why I haven't sold it in spite of its extremely disappointing software library. Etrian Odyssey is awesome. I like the combination of chipture music and charming environments as well. Not as hard or deep as other blobbers but still fully worth it and full of intricacies. I still feel fuzzy when I think of the time I spent exploring those dungeons.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Etrian Odyssey is the shit. I'm not huge on the anime art, but the gameplay is solid enough to stand on its own. And the anime art is only really over the top on the character portraits, which you'll probably be looking at for 1% of the time you spend playing.

Oh wait, this game is on a system most of the Codex doesn't have... Let me think of a hivemind-approved post...

ANIME SHIT 0/10 WOULD NOT PLAY
HAVE FUN WITH YOUR JAP SHIT WHILE I"M PLAYING SUPERIOR WESTERN RPGS SUCH AS FALLOUT FOR THE THIRTY-SEVENTH TIME
WE ONLY COVER UPCOMING GAMES IF THEY ARE REAL RPGS LIKE MASS EFFECT 3 AND THAT ONE GAME ABOUT FLYING DRAGONS WITH JETPACKS

Repressed Homosexual
Etrian Odyssey is the shit. I'm not huge on the anime art, but the gameplay is solid enough to stand on its own. And the anime art is only really over the top on the character portraits, which you'll probably be looking at for 1% of the time you spend playing.

Oh wait, this game is on a system most of the Codex doesn't have... Let me think of a hivemind-approved post...

ANIME SHIT 0/10 WOULD NOT PLAY
HAVE FUN WITH YOUR JAP SHIT WHILE I"M PLAYING SUPERIOR WESTERN RPGS SUCH AS FALLOUT FOR THE THIRTY-SEVENTH TIME
WE ONLY COVER UPCOMING GAMES IF THEY ARE REAL RPGS LIKE MASS EFFECT 3 AND THAT ONE GAME ABOUT FLYING DRAGONS WITH JETPACKS

Yep, that's what I thought as well. Basically the reasoning is, if it's not on a system where I can pirate it, it's garbage.

MMXI

Arcane
If something is played with a mouse and keyboard that automatically makes it superior?
No. Just because the RPG Codex is an RPG site doesn't necessarily mean that RPGs are superior to, say, TBSs.

Just because the PC happens to have more quality RPGS does not mean consoles cannot have a few as well.
I don't think this thread getting moved to General Gaming will have any affect on whether Etrian Odyssey IV gets released or not. So what's your problem exactly?

Also, anti J-dungeon crawler sentiment condensed version: "Noooo, my stat bags look like little girls! How will I watch little numbers go up now?"
Stop generalising. It makes you look whiny. Not everyone who doesn't give a damn about the 3DS is an anime/JRPG hating individual. Personally, I couldn't give a fuck about the art style of an RPG.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Etrian Odyssey is certainly better than most Western blobbers, but that is an accomplishment on par with winning the Special Olympics.

Anyway, Etrian Odyssey 4 isn't really very relevant at the moment. There are no working 3DS emulators and no right thinking person would purchase a 3DS. (It has been decreed that Nintendo must be punished for that stupid 3D gimmick.)

So unless you stole a 3DS off the back of a truck, I don't see how you're playing this game any time soon.

Bunch of weeboos ganging up on Jaesun. How quaint.

Users telling a mod they disagree with his decisions?

ludicrous

Stop generalising. It makes you look whiny. Not everyone who doesn't give a damn about the 3DS is an anime/JRPG hating individual. Personally, I couldn't give a fuck about the art style of an RPG.

But you give fucks about whether a rpg is on pc or not, which is an even more meaningless criteria to determine where a thread should go...

Please explain to me how Etrian Odyssey IV is a PC RPG if it doesn't have a PC version. Also, please explain to me how I'm retarded or how I'm trolling you. Thanks.

He said: "These days there's no clear distinction in design between PC and console games.", to which you replied with "If it's not on PC, it's not on PC". In other words, you're saying that FF7 and 8 are bona fide PC RPGs since they got released for windows too.

I have control on if Dragon Age or Skyrim or the Witcher are discussed in GRPG Duscussions?

I do not by the way.

If I ran this site, all that action game shit would have it's own sub-forum that I would happily ignore, and GRPGD would incline greatly.

But you don't hesitate to move threads you consider to be animu shit. Why is that you will move threads like this one, but not the above action game shit? It's even weirder when sometimes I see you reply to "game X announced" threads with variants of "wake me up when it's turn-based" or "did someone say turn-based? *salivates*", only to promptly ignore a turn-based title because you took a glance at some screenshots and didn't like the style.

Also, will you stop with the rabbinical response thing already? It's annoying as fuck, you aren't even a rabbi you are a gay man stop being ridiculous :mad:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom