Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternal card game

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There are plenty decks that aren't Stonescar.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I play Feln Control @ Master. My friend who is higher ranked plays mono time.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yes, any deck that can keep board well populated or plays units on curve that are fatter than the weapons is. Dawnwalker + Sandstorm titan alone shits on armory (specially now that steward of the past isn't as much as free splash as it used to be).

Was referring to feln, which gets utterly rekt.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That's the Rock-Paper-Scissors of a TCG. Eternal balances it pretty well (currently, knock on wood), I find. So what's the issue?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The problem is that rock is brainless, paper is barely played and you are scissors. And stonescar burn is nuke.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Stonescar burn is not a nuke, and I disagree with your other assertions. It's hyperbole. If you dislike Eternal's current meta due to lack of diversity, I don't see you enjoying many constructed formats, de facto

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
If you dislike Eternal's current meta due to lack of diversity, I don't see you enjoying many constructed formats, de facto
my problem is mainly with ladder in Eternal, because it's best of one with no sideboards it tends to exarcebate the rock paper scissors.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Agree 100% that sideboarding would be nice, but it's not really in the scope of the design here.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Agree 100% that sideboarding would be nice, but it's not really in the scope of the design here.
It used to be bo3 with sideboard in ladder during closed beta. They removed because it caused queues to take too long for some people. Shouldn't be a problem now...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The more you know. I would add it back in for Masters and keep it out of the other leagues. How long were the queues? Above 2-3 minutes and I can see why they removed it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The more you know. I would add it back in for Masters and keep it out of the other leagues. How long were the queues? Above 2-3 minutes and I can see why they removed it.
I only played on open beta, but I've seen people say it could reach over 40 minutes. :M

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Closed beta had like 10% of the current playerbase tho. I don't think they will bring it back anyway since they want to keep ladder casual. They'll probably add some tournament mode instead.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Last weekend's event was bad:
1. You're not told the deckbuilding rules until you actually try to join a match.
2. You're not told what card will get added to your deck even though it's fixed based on your deck's colors
3. The idea behind the gimmick is retarded: let's take an already too big 75-card deck and add 4 more cards to it, fuck consistency. And hopefully you draw one of those 4 copies, otherwise it's just a regular match.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah, it smelled a wee bit like some Tavern Brawling was starting to creep in. Hopefully that was a fluke

da_rays

Augur
Just restarted playing this , both event i saw was pretty nice . Last event was dual color deck aside from the usual dual color team up surely to prepare next expansion. Also glad to see some veteran Cards players liking it so far.
Got a few questions for thoses able to answer
1 - Is the expansion worth it? 20K isnt that bad to grind i guess, but is the cards worth it and is that mini campaign fun to play?
2 - Haevnt played rank in a while. Stonescar was 80% of the deck I encountered. How is the meta right now? Im guessing healthy from previous post
3 - I had quite some fun with a Time / Primal deck in ranked play. Does it hold nicely against the current meta? Or a better qyuestion would be ; Is there a lot of viable decks ?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
1 - not unless you're really want to build a deck with one of the specific legendaries. You can do JUST fine without it. It's a case of "nice to have" not "need to have"
2 - The meta is a triad of Plate, Armoury and Stonescar, with the first two being the best on the top of the latter currently. Just below that you have a lot of Feln Control, Xenan killers and currently a lot of Elysian midrange (but that doesn't seem so good?). This list is pretty accurate: https://rngeternal.com/tier_list/
3 - Elysian midrange perhaps? Something like: https://rngeternal.com/stock_lists/elysian_midrange/ . Like I said it's a very popular deck currently. I'm not personally sold on it but it definitely can you to Master.

Last edited:

da_rays

Augur
Gotta admit Elysian mid range seem more stable than à few others Deck but yeah it seem pretty ordinary on a decklist. Im guessing the stability and Win ratio from.that Deck on the long run might be why its so high right now in the top Deck. Im gonna try à variant if that see where it lead me.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's not that different from Mono Time (zzz) which is what got me my first Master-rating when I was still a noob, so I'm guessing it's a pretty easy deck to pilot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom