Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternal card game

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What's available might matter, but what you pick doesn't. You could go obsessively mono colour down to the dregs, you'll still get packs from some dude that played 20 minutes ago drafting the same shit you are.

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Got in to this game thanks to this thread. Mostly just doing quests and increasing my collection, but it seems like a decent digital version of Magic, with some simplification, and tricks that can only be done in the digital format.
Oh, in news, looks like there's a campaign/"adventure" coming up called Jekk's bounty, for 20k gold or 1k gems.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Ye the adventure is gonna have 16 new cards, a few have already been spoiled. Nothing bomb though.

RuySan

Augur
Tried this one, and while I like the mechanics (much more close to MTG than what HS is), the presentation is just budget Hearthstone. I wish they went for a different art style like Duelyst did.

I also hate this long forced tutorials on card games to unlock the core cards. I know the rules already. Let me skip this crap!

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
They are probably gonna make it optional at some point since I've seen enough people complain. It's not even a good tutorial, doesn't address a bunch of important interactions, unless it has been updated since then.

RuySan

Augur
I'm really enjoying this. I almost forgot of how much better is magic the gathering/eternal limited compared to hearthstone.

In hearthstone, since every creature can attack any other, tempo is everything. Here, like in MTG, creatures with evasion make a lot of difference.

But I suspect the developers don't like money because the game is constantly showering me with gold and packs.

catfood

AGAIN
This is the only f2p title where I have bought something in-game. Not because I needed the cards, but because after 50 hours of solid entertainment I decided that the devs deserve at least $10 from me.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
game is actually solid.
spend some bucks on it, because Drafts are addicting and those shitlords have implemented MMR based match making in Draft...what the hell.
i wanna crush some scrubs here and there when entry fees are on the line

RuySan

Augur
game is actually solid.
spend some bucks on it, because Drafts are addicting and those shitlords have implemented MMR based match making in Draft...what the hell.

What do you mean by MMR? Means that unlike HS matchmaking in not measured in current draft win but overall draft ranking?

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
What do you mean by MMR? Means that unlike HS matchmaking in not measured in current draft win but overall draft ranking?

yes, kind of.
its not your rank thought, more of a hidden ELO number.

like after 1 week i was paired to almost mono master rank players (i am a mtg veteran, so i adjusted quickly)
this means, you basically cant go infinite in Draft, because you only get paired to players similar to you.
(imo thats super fine in ranked, but not once entry fee/prices are on the line)

on a sidenote, you cant draft "fun" decks like strangers e.g. if at a certain MMR, because you will get butchered and will go 0-3 most of the time

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
game is actually solid.

both

RuySan

Augur
And how does this Gauntlet thingie works? Is there any limit of how much can it be farmed?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
And how does this Gauntlet thingie works? Is there any limit of how much can it be farmed?
No, but once you hit masters the final chest becomes just a regular silver chest instead of the rank up chest. Gauntlet and rank forge will reset when a new card set is released

RuySan

Augur
what's the matter with quests? Aren't they daily? I got nothing today.

Yes, you can tell i'm addicted to this thing:)

RuySan

Augur
Ok, serves me right for trying to play so early. I thought it was at 0000 like in other game of the same genre.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Holy shit this Purple/Red deck I just got when I logged in is fucking insane. lol

It needs a few tweaks though, you are too vulnerable to flying crap.

Tried game - unexpectedly good. Currently experimenting with heavy spell damage deck and unstable power - somehow got to silver ranked with it. So if you see some blue dude with nickname Ander who melts ur face with spells and transform units with unstable power - it's me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom