Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Escapist butthurt antics - deleting old threads

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Some of you may have noticed the quote I have in my signature. It is from Russ Pitts, editor of the once-alright-now-total-shit website The Escapist. The quote is from a thread discussing some flaws in the site's review of The Witcher. It is humorous in nature because Russ says "We love criticism" and then proceeds to ban Kharn/Brother None for criticising.

I wanted to read that thread again, so I click the link in my signature and what do we find?

404 Error: File Not Found
Oh well, they're deleting old threads to save bandwidth, right? That's what I thought, except then I find that threads from 4 years ago still exist.

Ok, maybe the links have been updated or something. So I head to the review in question, hit Comments [72]

exhibitak.jpg

and find

404 Error: File Not Found

:spidey sense tingling:

Let's head over to the forum in question (Featured Content) and see if other threads from that date are missing (some sort of database failure maybe?). Skip all the way over to page 82 and what do we find:

exhibitbj.jpg

[intelligence] So they've deleted the thread.

Another fantastic display of journalism by Russ Pitts and co!

exhibitc.jpg

FAKE EDIT: Not content as a behind-the-scenes guy, he now also has his own shitty show on the webpage, called "The Escapist Show". Don't check it out.

Edit: Made a thread on Escapist too.

Helton

Arcane
Looks like you're getting the expected response over there. They made a "oooh conspiracy guy LOL" post. You should madlib deniszi's rant and really go for broke:

You just fell several fucking steps of grade in my eyes. Military documents and intelligence reports that have been classified for 50+ years were declassified and publicized in last few years, which clearly acknowledge the fact that there was enough intelligence to suggest that an attack on Pearl Harbour was imminent and nothing absolutely would be done about it.

Don't be a fucking moron. It's this kind of retarded fucking moronic man-ape shit "oooh conspiracy guy LOL" reaction that makes me sick. Just fucking sick. It's not a fucking armchair nerd conspiracy. It's real shit that's revealed through real fucking documents. You fucking stupid piece of shit. I really was expecting better from you, what with all that police and military experience and whatnot. You're just another militarist fucking piece of shit as it appears. Fuck you. Just fuck you fucking moron. Fuck you and your retarded "conspiracy guy" sarcasm. Piece of shit.

BearBomber

Scholar
Lol, I didn't know there was any content on this site besides Zero Punctuation, and (shitty) shows advertised after it.

Helton

Arcane
"The purpose of this thread is to inquire" oooooooohhh 'look at me' I'm so proper and ubstanding please listen to my thinly veiled hate rage and take it under constipation. You fucking pussy. Tell them what you really think!

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Helton said:
"The purpose of this thread is to inquire" oooooooohhh 'look at me' I'm so proper and ubstanding please listen to my thinly veiled hate rage and take it under constipation. You fucking pussy. Tell them what you really think!

You should register there and troll the shit out of those idiots. Might make for some epic lulz while it lasts.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Is Russ Pitts that same dumb journalist guy that whined about NMA getting that Fallout 3 interview with Hines a while back?

denizsi

Arcane
I love how Russ living off of e-journalism and "having a family to feed" exempts him from accountability in the eyes of his cute little forumites. Mass mediocrity and illiteracy FTW.

You should register there and troll the shit out of those idiots. Might make for some epic lulz while it lasts.

We should join together to form a Codex Mass Spam Force, to mass-spam threads of <s>retard</s> alien origin beyond recognition with hateful and bigotic messages when faced with oppression.

denizsi said:
We should join together to form a Codex Mass Spam Force, to mass-spam threads of <s>retard</s> alien origin beyond recognition with hateful and bigotic messages when faced with oppression.
That only ever brings more attention (read:fuckwads) to the attacking site.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Hehe, I remember that Witcher review thread.
What was it Russ said when he banned BN for questioning their journalistic pratices? "You're a very clever troll, but still a troll" or something.
Good times.

That thread was just, sad, I remember it. The wayback machine is really slow for me right now, but you might be able to find the thread on there. I like how this post makes your other one automatically trolling. lolwut? Also, their attempts at "epic" finds and being internet hard men are just pathetic.

There's also this post in which Brother None references it. And here's the thread discussing it (hilariously it also mentions posts being deleted). The Codex also has a thread discussing it, complete with some of the best quotes.

It's a conspiracy on the part of RPG Watch and the Codex though right? :lol: Not like you should expect anything from the escapist though. What can you honestly expect from a forum with achievements? Only half way decent thing they have going is yahtzee, none of their other content is even worth perusing unless you happen to have a good desk to bang your head against.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
When I click that thread that you made about the matter on the Escapist forums, I get a 403 error.

Helton

Arcane
Unkillable Cat said:
When I click that thread that you made about the matter on the Escapist forums, I get a 403 error.

You should bring this outrage to the attention of the Escapist staff, preferably through a post on their forum. They should know that it may, perhaps, (we only mean to inquire, afterall) that maybe it might reflect negatively in some way on people who work at their prestigious

On second thought I haven't the heart to finish what I started.

/Kingston

:x

Kaiserin

Liturgist
Wow, that is truly wack as fuck. What the fuck at this guy's sense of professionalism. I raged over your sig, but deleting the thread really just takes the cake.

Kingston

Arcane
Helton said:
Unkillable Cat said:

You should bring this outrage to the attention of the Escapist staff, preferably through a post on their forum. They should know that it may, perhaps, (we only mean to inquire, afterall) that maybe it might reflect negatively in some way on people who work at their prestigious

On second thought I haven't the heart to finish what I started.

/Kingston

:x

???

I totally ended it on a rant as requested. The rant was just rather mediocre, seeing as the time was 2 or 3 am. I would've really liked to have seen Russ' response, though. Oh well.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Maybe Elwro has still those DOC, who knows.
Elwro said:
Maybe I'm being paranoid, but in case they delete the thread, I have both pages archived in a DOC file (yeah, sorry for the format). Banning BN for his part in the discussion is ridiculous. Even Bethstapo wouldn't do such a thing.

Anyway, the whole thread speaks for itself. The Escapist just sinks lower and lower and is PROUD OF IT.

Kingston

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
Maybe Elwro has still those DOC, who knows.
Elwro said:
Maybe I'm being paranoid, but in case they delete the thread, I have both pages archived in a DOC file (yeah, sorry for the format). Banning BN for his part in the discussion is ridiculous. Even Bethstapo wouldn't do such a thing.

Anyway, the whole thread speaks for itself. The Escapist just sinks lower and lower and is PROUD OF IT.

Hah. Elwro is quite the clairvoyant. I hope he still has them. Then we could return to the forum, post the docs and say "it's alright, you can put the thread back up now!"

Rosh

Erudite
/popcorn

They just kiss ass like every other mass media site out there now. They just use "acceptable jabs" while not having the balls to really go into anything much different than anyone else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom