Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Escape from Codexia: Incredible Flash RPG!

Mirthless

Educated
8,5/10 - "It's alright" IGN
11/10 - "Though it lacks a variety in the romances department it's clearly a milestone for the RPG industry" Gamespot

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wow, a free, Flash version of Mass Effect 2. It's pretty feature-complete:

Gay secks all over.
Shitty, unmapable controls.
Very tiny planet.
Zero continuity with ME1
No Mako - for EXTREME streamlining.
Very short.

In fact it even improves on the original, instead of virtually non-existent dialog, it has completely non-existent dialogue. And it has a somewhat less gay ending. GOTY! Editor's Choice!

I'd like to see more bloom and motion blur. And can we get Ron Perlman to narrate? Needing to read is so last gen and discriminatory against the illiterate.

Make sure when you make the full game that you don't release any of that demo shit. Your game is so good that even playing 1/10th of it will satiate most people for their entire lifetime.

Having completed 7 playthroughs the only thing that bothered me is that it isn't called "Journey to Codexia" given where the character is going rather than leaving

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Hopefully the sequel will have multiplayer as this is very lacking in that regard. I liked the fact that you could roleplay both a pacifist and a warmonger, it's so emotionally engaging.

Angthoron

Arcane
So I've been playing this. Quite the contraversial piece, rather similar in spirit to Spec Ops: The Line in feel. What kind of budget did you have?

A few thoughts:

+ Excellent responsiveness
+ Clear graphics
+ Large texts
+ Subtle inside jokes and self-referential meta humor
+ Excellent writing
+ World reactivity

- No voice acting
- No option to rebind keys
- Always Online DRM
- Final choice seems to come too early, I wanted to explore more
- Bloom
- The 12 tunes get repetitive after straight 6 hours of playing

I don't get the complaints about tree sprites though. They clearly represent the protagonist's fear of commitment, like what was tried to be done in Catherine, but at a far more sublime level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom