Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epikos

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

Turn-based RPG:

• Get back to the core of what made the early RPGs great!
  • Progress through a unique story with multiple endings
  • Play as characters with unique backstories and epic fates
History and Legends:
  • Immerse yourself in a new fantasy world, full of lore, history, and legends
  • Find ancient tablets that teach you more of the world's history
  • Talk to the many, many NPCs you will find in Epikos
Strategic Combat:
  • Use each character's unique abilities
  • Find hidden blood magic spells, powered by the blood crystals left behind by your enemies
  • Enjoy a snappy combat system built around fast response times, fast animations
I found a gameplay video :

I haven't tried it (too bad there's no demo), but it looks cool, with tactical turn-based combat, and a typing dialog system.
It's available here : https://kingbee.itch.io/epikos

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dangerous Dave? It's an 80s Ultima clone. Might even be the exact same graphics on some of the terrain tiles.

Lhynn

Arcane
He meant the graphics, why would you go out of your way to make your game look shitty tho?
Like what was good about ultima wasnt the presentation.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Might even be the exact same graphics on some of the terrain tiles.

Yes it is, most of the terrain, walls, and even objects (signs, chairs, barrels etc.) are all from Ultima V. Though they did also have some re-colored stuff.

Mustawd

He meant the graphics, why would you go out of your way to make your game look shitty tho?

Are you serious? Muh nostalgia is why 90% of Kickstarters actually succeed. Might as well go straight to the source. I know I'd flip shit if a Fallout 3 was made with F1 and F2 assets.

Also, what Excidium II said.

Beastro

Arcane

Are you serious? Muh nostalgia is why 90% of Kickstarters actually succeed. Might as well go straight to the source. I know I'd flip shit if a Fallout 3 was made with F1 and F2 assets.

Also, what Excidium II said.

Cept you can't really improve upon original Fallout graphics, you can just make them look more polished.

In this case, why not try to make something based on Ultima VII graphics and introduce TB combat?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
*Most* people cannot stand that perspective of Ulima VII though. Which is why later isometric view rpg's improved on that.

Lhynn

Arcane
I dont care about the perspective, i care about the screen literally giving me eye cancer.
Couldnt he go with something more like what vogel did with exile? its simple as shit and very effective.

Beastro

Arcane
*Most* people cannot stand that perspective of Ulima VII though. Which is why later isometric view rpg's improved on that.

How about something more like this, then???

778284-930370_20070206_002.jpg

:troll:

Saduj

Arcane
You wanna epic animations of 32x32 sprites?

I didn't watch the full trailer. :oops:

I thought they were referring to player response times. Sounded to me like combat involved some sort of shitty "hit key at right time" mini game.

V_K

Arcane

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Anyone buy this? Is it worth 12 USD? Is there any character building? is it rpg lite? Is combat good? Good rpg systems? Full party creation?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom