Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Endings

alkeides 2.0

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
OK I have seen all the basic endings.

Endings with different gods

Save and serve him Agathoth
Kill him
Let Balzaar merge with Meru, serve him
Release Agathoth, kill Meru for him
Absorb Balzaar and become a god yourself

But I don't have the following achievements:

Burn It
Sleeping Dogs
Desperate Times

Which I assume are all related to different endings.

How to get them?

Thanks

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Sleeping Dogs is easy, just choose the "Tell your master that the Temple doesn't exist" when clicking the Tomb/life support thing. The rest...I'm curious as well.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Burn it - kill all 3 lords, directly or indirectly, then go to the temple
Desperate times - use the divine spear when fighting Balzaar

Vault Dweller

Developer
Not sure what exactly you're asking. He changes Meru's body (which is why we have 4 different portraits) but in a different way a human would. You can only kill him when aided by Agathoth. On your own you don't stand a chance, with or without the 'spear'.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Wait, what!? Dropping "Fake-Meru" is not the end of it? There is more!?

Oh great, and here I thought I was almost done with AoD. Crassus Praetor playtrough added to the list.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Wait, what!? Dropping "Fake-Meru" is not the end of it? There is more!?

Oh great, and here I thought I was almost done with AoD. Crassus Praetor playtrough added to the list.
There is no crassus praetor line.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I assume he means praetor joining Crassus and taking a trip with Meru and Faelan.

alkeides 2.0

Arcane
Patron
Not sure what exactly you're asking. He changes Meru's body (which is why we have 4 different portraits) but in a different way a human would. You can only kill him when aided by Agathoth. On your own you don't stand a chance, with or without the 'spear'.
But I thought he became physically incapable and weak after a while, which is why if you serve him you become his public face? Or is it because he became too inhuman?

Esquilax

Arcane

I assumed that the reason that you can only kill him when aided by Agathoth isn't because Balzaar is particularly powerful at that point (Agathoth starts laughing in delight upon discovering that Meru has only arrived on this plane a few weeks ago, which signals that he's still vulnerable and that Aggie can wipe the floor with his ass), but rather because you've ceded your will to Balzaar at that point.* Balzaar himself isn't particularly powerful at any point in the game, it's just that once you've knelt, his inhuman powers of mental domination ensure that you become his slave.

* I find that this contradicts the powers of Mindshield. Whether I kneel to Balzaar or not, shouldn't my will still be my own thanks to Athazor's "gift"?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So, I'm counting six endings here:

Wake Agathoth and convince one of the lords to serve under him
Kill Agathoth, either directly or by blowing up the temple
Walk away
Wake Balzaar and kill Agathoth for him
Wake Balzaar and serve Agathoth instead
Become a god yourself

What's the seventh?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I assume he means praetor joining Crassus and taking a trip with Meru and Faelan.
Ye. Tho the Steam cheevo says "Complete the Praetor of House Crassus". :D

I only played till
Balzaar takes Meru's body. I dropped him really fast, but reloaded because I wanted to finish Daratan's questline.

Vault Dweller

Developer
So, I'm counting six endings here:

Wake Agathoth and convince one of the lords to serve under him
Kill Agathoth, either directly or by blowing up the temple
Walk away
Wake Balzaar and kill Agathoth for him
Wake Balzaar and serve Agathoth instead
Become a god yourself

What's the seventh?
Kill all lords directly or indirectly then go to the temple and see what happens.

alkeides 2.0

Arcane
Patron
Can anyone share any playthroughs where they killed all the lords?

In Teron if you side with IG and don't broker and alliance you can kill Antidas, but in Maadoran you need to be Merchant/Thief to kill Gaelius right? As IG, right after protecting the merchant my next mission is to go to the Ordu already, how can I kill Gaelius?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Theres also the ending when you kill all the lords and Agathoth too, thats not counted as separate? It gives a different result.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom