Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ember - a party-based RTwP RPG inspired by Ultima VII and Baldur's Gate

sser

Arcane
Developer
Getting a strong Sword Coast: Legends vibe. (Not good.)

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
From the trailer, I gather it's got generic music and generic writing. Everything else probably generic too.

OMG! BIOWARE AND BETHESDA NEED TO SAVE US FROM ALL THIS GENERIC SHIT!!!!

The game looks good, and I fucking hate the shitty IE game's combat. You fucking monkey's that love shitty, hands-off, balanced for retards RTwP combat and meaningless chardev should be chomping at the bit to get a game made for the likes of you, but all you do is whine about anything that isn't certified hipster approved like Undertail, or a fake whine but love the game if it is some console shit by Bioware, Bethesda, or CD project.

Fuck you guys and your shitting on what normal people should consider a game with much higher than average production value about stupid, meaningless shit applicable to every game like generic and uninspired and poor animations.

Fucking bitches.

And double fuck all of you that ever mention the music in a game. Because of your type of retard that for some reason refuses to listen to actual good music from professional musicians good enough to be played on the radio or at concerts I have to wade through your bullshit talking points about something that literally does not matter at all in a game, and all the fucking OST spam on steam.

Shut the fuck up about music in games. No one normal gives a shit.

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This looks very MMOised. Waste of some pretty decent background art.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Even more shovelware, what fun. Not sure why you guys are bashing it for being a tablet game, have you already forgotten about Shadowrun.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes generic and RTwP are big minuses but.... NPCs with schedules and day-night cycle? That triggered my interest somewhat.

V_K

Arcane
Looks kinda like the original DivDiv - Ultima married with the latest popamole stuff.
If the devs manage to stay in business, maybe in 15 years they'll produce something half-decent.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Looks kinda like the original DivDiv - Ultima married with the latest popamole stuff.
If the devs manage to stay in business, maybe in 15 years they'll produce something half-decent.

if that is an example to go by, their first game will be their magnum opus.

vmar

Savant
NPCs with schedules and day-night cycle? That triggered my interest somewhat.
Adoring-Fan.jpg

kris

Arcane
I wish I could go back in time and kill whoever would have gone on to create RtwP.

You would have to kill a lot of people. Because this is more difficult than killing the creator of SKYNET. Many just saw this as the natural progression of combat in a computer RPG.

daveyd

Savant
Well, it's out tomorrow, so surely some brave, yet foolish souls with more money than sense can tell us how much it sucks.

Btw, it is apparently launching for $9.99.

Drowed

Arcane
Available: September 10
This game will unlock in approximately 2 days

O_o

Time zones, I bet. It's still 9 here.

I'm still amazed at how little attention this game got. I mean, it doesn't look amazing but it doesn't really look that bad, yet, the only place where I read about it was here on 'Dex.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

O_o

I'm still amazed at how little attention this game got. I mean, it doesn't look amazing but it doesn't really look that bad, yet, the only place where I read about it was here on 'Dex.

There was nothing to read: https://twitter.com/thegameember

Joined August 2016

There were a few articles about the game from 2014 and 2015 when it was for iOS, but nobody pays attention to mobile games.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
No, not you too. You used to be one of the people that didn't shit on non-hipster approved games (until you tried them I am assuming).

Why?

ArchAngel

Arcane

O_o

What are you talking about. Tier 1 places like RPGWatch reported on it :happytrollboy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom