Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Embarrassing - Codex is still served over HTTP

a cut of domestic sheep prime

personally, I think the fact that the front page isn't responsive/adaptive for mobile devices is more embarrassing, but yeah the lack of https is worrying. Especially given the wrongthink regularly posted here and the large number of users in no free speech zones like Germany.

eh, doesn't cloudflare have a button to do rewrites so that everything will be https? of course, there's probably some changes they need to make to their content management systems as well, but there's the possibility that it will work. dunno. never used xenoforo etc myself.

just trying to think of a solution that will be halfassed quick to implement.

Riso

Arcane
I disagree!

The real embarrassment is not about using https but using the ancient http 1.1 protocol itself. It is time to take a great step forward and implement http/2 on the codex!

The bright future of http/2 means faster page loads and less bandwidth for all of us!

Cosmic Bane

Educated
In the same way contracting smallpox is oldschool.

Look, every time you log into codex, your password is transmitted in plain text and anyone who happens to be between you and the server can freely read it. If you use your codex password anywhere else, consider it compromised.

I always laugh when I hear people talking about man in the middle attacks as if they are even a thing. If my ISP and workplace routers are hacked then why not just hack machine too? lol.

Anyone who would go to that much trouble to get my five character all numeric password is welcome to it.

This is a theoretically possible attack but come on give me a break. Has it ever even happened once in real life aside from someone setting up a free wireless router to trap morons into using it? If you are doing fincancial transactions over wireless on some strange network node then fuck you anyway, you were bound to be removed from the gene pool anyhow.

HTTPS is utter shit and should never be used for any reason. You either need real security for the fincancial transactions morons do on the net these days, or you should just forget about it and save bandwidth and CPU. The idea of encrypting some fucking vidya forum's traffic is just LOL retarded.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
There is https, feel free to try it and check the settings if you want. However, not all content is pulled via https links, which is why your browser won't show you the nice green padlock you desire. Most of the remaining http stuff is a bunch of image links and the ad provider, which is why I assume it's not ready and there's no redirect. Still, it's very likely that your precious password and shitpost will be encrypted on route to the Codex this way.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

I propose we completely shut down the Codex, until it is served over https.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Every day I wake up and check www.rpgcodex.net and hope, beyond hope, that somehow, some dumbass has actually taken the time to hack the site and to obtain all of our account passwords including mine.

I would sit there and blink a couple of times, realizing my account has been taken over, unable to log in. I would finally be free of this place, free to move on and maybe, by some small portion of God's grace, become a somewhat normal person again.

That day has yet to come. But I can still dream...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Every day I wake up and check www.rpgcodex.net and hope, beyond hope, that somehow, some dumbass has actually taken the time to hack the site and to obtain all of our account passwords including mine.

I would sit there and blink a couple of times, realizing my account has been taken over, unable to log in. I would finally be free of this place, free to move on and maybe, by some small portion of God's grace, become a somewhat normal person again.

That day has yet to come. But I can still dream...

As I understand it, you were a oneitis-afflicted possible-asexual years before you ever joined the Codex.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Quite appropiate actually. Since this site is grognards's haven.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
This lawless wasteland remains embarrassingly backwards with its unencrypted, plaintext content ready to be scooped up and intercepted by whoever happens to be somewhere along the connection. Disgusting!
If you like safety best get strapped, or to suck'n d in prison, because Codex is real og set bang'n niggas. No clerics to save yo quantum negro ass up in this mug.

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted

Look, every time you log into codex, your password is transmitted in plain text and anyone who happens to be between you and the server can freely read it. If you use your codex password anywhere else, consider it compromised.

I always laugh when I hear people talking about man in the middle attacks as if they are even a thing. If my ISP and workplace routers are hacked then why not just hack machine too? lol.

Anyone who would go to that much trouble to get my five character all numeric password is welcome to it.

This is a theoretically possible attack but come on give me a break. Has it ever even happened once in real life aside from someone setting up a free wireless router to trap morons into using it? If you are doing fincancial transactions over wireless on some strange network node then fuck you anyway, you were bound to be removed from the gene pool anyhow.

HTTPS is utter shit and should never be used for any reason. You either need real security for the fincancial transactions morons do on the net these days, or you should just forget about it and save bandwidth and CPU. The idea of encrypting some fucking vidya forum's traffic is just LOL retarded.
This is quite possibly the dumbest shit I've seen on the internet in years. What is this "real security" you're talking about? How is HTTPS not enough, why shouldn't it be used and were you born retarded or were you dropped on your head during childhood? Jesus I thought I've seen the worst of Codex but this is just something else.

Cosmic Bane

Educated

This is quite possibly the dumbest shit I've seen on the internet in years. What is this "real security" you're talking about? How is HTTPS not enough, why shouldn't it be used and were you born retarded or were you dropped on your head during childhood? Jesus I thought I've seen the worst of Codex but this is just something else.

Computer science, learn it before speaking again.

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
Yeah, I'm gonna listen to an expert like you who thinks TLS is a brand of cereal. Look, I've seen severe cases of Dunning-Kruger on this forum, but never somebody whose knowledge on the subject is actually negative. The shit you spout is so retarded I feel like I've lost at least 15 IQ points just by reading it. You are not only tech illiterate, I think a peasant from the middle ages could speak with more confidence and expertise than you.

Cosmic Bane

Educated
Yeah, I'm gonna listen to an expert like you who thinks TLS is a brand of cereal. Look, I've seen severe cases of Dunning-Kruger on this forum, but never somebody whose knowledge on the subject is actually negative. The shit you spout is so retarded I feel like I've lost at least 15 IQ points just by reading it. You are not only tech illiterate, I think a peasant from the middle ages could speak with more confidence and expertise than you.

I am teh smarter one not you. Did you study cryptography in grad school? haha no.

You are obviously some weird, obsessive fraud who amounts to a tech fanboi who actually has no education or real world experience. Your shit is boring, dude. If it is not trolling then you need psychiatric help. If it is trolling, suicide is the only reasonable course.

Aww shit bro man in the middle attack someone tapped my wires and hacked my ISP holy shit only this gay nigger space magic can help me put my vb 6.0 into muh ssh socket and implement ssl now I will rub my jew certificates all over my body to fix it OMG SO SECURE FEELS SO GOOD.

Last edited:

gaussgunner

Arcane
I won't waste my time explaining it to this dumbfuck, but SSL/TLS was created by Netscape in 1995 to check a "security" box. Everything about its architecture, protocol, and implementation is horrible.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just do not post in GD.

As for the rest, there is nothing to be ashamed of or hide.

Envoyé de mon SM-T560 en utilisant Tapatalk

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Most of the civilized web has moved to HTTPS years ago, especially since it's so easy, fast, and painless with free certificates issued by Let's Encrypt. This lawless wasteland remains embarrassingly backwards with its unencrypted, plaintext content ready to be scooped up and intercepted by whoever happens to be somewhere along the connection. Disgusting!
Retard why do you have
OnTheEdge.png
? You are the dullest troll that i have seen. I bet your dad used you for hammering nails before he run away with your elder sister.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom