Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELONA, the ADOM with sex and grafix

Heresiarch

Prophet
ADOM and DF sucks because ASCII stinks

Or so I've heard from some codex grafixx hoars.

So I hereby present, Eternal League of Nefia, a rogue-like inspired by ADOM..

Official English site

http://homepage3.nifty.com/rfish/index_e.html

Don't just close the darn window the moment you see a whole screen of Japanese; even idiots can find the download links and the screenshots unless they're blind. And the game is in English too.

If you can read Japanese, here's a wiki of it:

http://elona.wikiwiki.jp/

This is not just a graphic enhancement of ADOM, it's actually a new world which has implemented various fun stuff making the game more sandbox like, like housing, open up your own shop and museum, companionship (which can lead to....marriage!), and there are even random spawned moongates which can teleport you to a random player's house on-line. Of course there are a whole bunch of new (useful and practical) items and skills. And drinking from pools might grant you new horrible traits like parasites which can spawn monsters from your body every once in a while. And more!

Some additional screenshots taken from my friend:

You can make custom portraits, like this

Snap13351.jpg

New skills like Two Hand fighting and Dual Wielding are included. Warriors rejoice!

Snap13352.jpg

The inventory system has the same look but only better

Snap13353.jpg

The classic puppy cave quest

Snap13364.jpg

Random events happening when you sleep

Snap13355.jpg

Murderous and vicious lolis are always fun

Snap13359.jpg

Snap13360.jpg

The city and a moongate, teleports to random locations, my friend once teleported to a hellish place surrounded by 4 dragons

Snap13362.jpg

Big Daddy and the Little Sisters, lol

Snap13367.jpg

The home of a player. Maybe even of a codexer!

Snap13370.jpg

Museums are of course for showing artifacts

Snap13371.jpg

The brilliant panty The Star will rape your ass with 1d49 damage

Snap13375.jpg

Finally, the world map (spoiler?)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/ke ... rldMap.jpg

EDIT: Apparently I'm a bit late on this game since SomethingAwful has already discussed this thing for two whole months with a topic over 33 pages long. Since I always have the feeling the SA guys are so much alike codexers I bet at least some of you might like this game.

BTW something codexers might really like (or hate)

Wiki posted:
There are two ways to use pets genetically. The first is to marry them. In the world of Elona, your character can marry any monster, regardless of gender, species, or marital status, as long as the monster's attract and impress ratings are maximized.

Rogue-likes with cannibalism is good; with zoophilia and demon sex it's even better!

uhjghvt

Scholar
leave it to japan to take a hardcore roguelike and turn it into an anime dating game

kawaii desu ^_______________________________^

MisterStone

Arcane
One of the more Japanese touches to the game is that your character is given a choice of pet, and one of the choices is "little girl". :twisted:

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
ADOM with graphics? WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

Two weapon fighting was already in ADOM, so nothing new here.

Korgan

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
Wow, it looks like they included everything that is AWSOEM about anime in the game.
Fixed it for ya. Seriously, riding a pet loli into combat? In a roguelike? And then givng her some additional limbs? I can't possibly express how X-TREME this is.

Azarkon

Arcane
MisterStone said:
One of the more Japanese touches to the game is that your character is given a choice of pet, and one of the choices is "little girl". :twisted:

Gene Engineer

New skills may be learned by the augmented pet. For example, by combining the dog you may receive at the beginning of the game with a little girl purchased in Derphy, the dog may learn Detection, Performer, Investing, Tactics, or Two Hand. Tactics is very valuable for a dog, since it increases the dog's melee damage.

The augmented pet's attributes may increase. For example, a dog combined with three little girls may have STR 19 and CON 27. After combining with a juere infantry, it may have STR 29, CON 37, and DEX 18.

The augmented pet may gain body parts. For example, adding a dog to a snail will give the snail a neck.

Some of the experience of the previous pet will transfer to the augmented pet. After all of the augmentation, our example dog, who was originally level 1, may now be level 7.

But if you breed with this new pet, his/her offspring will be of the normal type.

uhjghvt

Scholar
wow so this game can appeal to anime pedos and furries too it's like second life in isometric 2d

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Really interesting and fun, IMHO.

Unfortunately, it could be much better. I chose to play a Snail on my first game and your avatar just looks like a human. That kind of kills the urge of having a character that looks like a snail. Also, there are only human portraits.
And the music is seriously annoying.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
You can import your own portraits pretty easily. Sprites too, if you have RPG maker, since they're pretty much swiped from there. The music I just turn off- I have my own music running on my comp 24/7 anyways.

The main problem I have with the game is that it's too simple combat wise. Theres a lot of things to do besides combat, but when you DO fight, it's basically just trading swings and chugging a potion (Or thirty) for the tough guys. Two hand is the only fighting style worth bothering with really, unless you're inheriting some crazy artifact weapons. The armor you have access to is basically never good enough to be significant, even if you're willing to wear the heavy stuff (Which will leave you burdened before you even find any loot). Having any chance at being a primary mage requires a VERY tedious quest to join the mage guild, and before that you're basically totally fucked for combat- either level melee skills too or grind for 100 spellbooks to get through 5 dungeons.

Kavax

Scholar
How much combat can be avoided in this game? (Doesn't matter if by using the stealth skill or some kind of speech skill)

Kavax

Scholar
Alright, what the hell is going on with this game? Some guys at the beggining area gave me a human corpse to eat and when I ate it, my character went crazy.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kavax said:
Alright, what the hell is going on with this game? Some guys at the beggining area gave me a human corpse to eat and when I ate it, my character went crazy.

I'd say that your character went crazy before eating human corpses.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Anime is the future of humanity. And wtf, you guys can stand Chrono Trigger and Tactics Ogre but not this?

Well, the only rogue-like I have played, Nethack, had a few ways to avoid combat.

Well, at least in Adom, you can always avoid combat by running away and teleporting. Still, combat is what rogue-likes are all about.

headache

Novice
It does look intriguing but I wonder if there's a score, and a total victory to achieve? Can it generate YAVPs... or do you just get rewarded by decorating your house forever? Kind of looks like the latter but it's hard to tell.

Being able to say you've "beat the game," though it might take years, is one of the appealing things about roguelikes to me. If you can't I'm not sure it's exactly a roguelike. Or maybe if there was at least one quest epic enough in the game to feel like that it would suffice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom