Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Elminage Gothic (former Japan only dungeon crawler)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Or, you know, save scum when resting.

When you have access to 7th level Alchemy spells (level 13), Protectorate can help. Though 1 character with that spell can only boost 1 attribute by 1, once per level.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
RuySan

what race is your fighters, and what is his/her age? a normally-aged Fighter character, of ANY race, should not be losing STRENGTH points on level ups, almost EVER.

I am almost certain what happened in your case is you made the Fighter "too young", (that varies by race)", and when a character is "too young" (example: a 9 year old Human, or a 20 year old Dwarf, i.e. they're kids) then they will have huge, huge % on each level up of LOSING STATS.

however, young characters (supposedly) have a highger dice roll % bonus for gaining HP, although personally I never noticed any differnece and I never roll "too young" chars precisely because of what I wrote above.

so, yeah, only reason why your noob Fighter char would "constantly be losing STR points on level ups" is he/she is too young. He/she'll grow out of it. Hopefully, on the plus side, the char is getting good HP gains, as that is supposed to be the "hidden benefit" of making "baby age chars" during char-gen.

good rule of thumb is:

- if the char you'r having doubts about is less than level 13, then don't even waste a second wondering what to do if he/she isn't pulling their weight: make a new char.

- you can go up to level 8-12 in less than 40 minutes grinding the Avi statue in the guatella grotto, or if you want to level them up even earlier you can get same type of XP grinding using the monster hole at the end of the 1st dungeon, tsun-kun cavern.

After level 13 that is when all classes switch to much slower XP progression tables, and once that char starts to approach their level 20's; man, that is when you first truly realize how much Race XP penalty can affect the level ups.

pre-level 13, tho? kick 'em out, make a new one, in 1 hour your new char will be level 10 or more and you'll probably be much happier.

BTW, the most optimal way to ensure your characters qualify for advanced classes by the 3rd dungeon or so is to char-gen each character with a moderately good Bonus Points roll (no need to spend a lot of time, just a good BP roll), and then distribute the BP's so as to make the character's ATTRIBUTE SPREAD as EVENL AS POSSIBLE.

The main limiting factors when wanting to class a fighter up to lord/samurai/ninja/valkyrie, as an example, is that the beginner player will char-gen their party members by bloating the "primary Attribute" for each party member's depending on their class, i.e. making their Fighter have huge STR, but only 7 AGI.

Then you realize he needs fucking 12 or something AGI to get Lord? well, you're officially fucked, because if for example said Fighter will still be rocking 7-ish AGI for a long time, because classes (and races) have different propensities for Attribute gains.

A dragonnewt has highger dice roll % to gain a stat point in STR, for example, than an Elf, but the dragonnewt in turn has an extremely low dice roll % to ever gain an attribute point for AGI or LUCK.

This means that if you made a dragonewt Fighter in char-gen and allocated all of the BP to "max STR and VIT", and left AGI/LUCK/PIETY/INT with low numbers: that char will almost definitely NOT be able to achieve Lord or Ninja by the 3rd dungeon, probably won't get enough attribute point spread for Lord until like, The Royal fucking Tomb!

That means you'll have to baby-sit these characters by making sure you have 1 or 2 alchemists in the party (or chars who were previously alchemists) so they can always make sure to cast PROTECTORATE on our poor dragonnewt fighter every time they level up, so they can get his horriblly low stats (i.e. the ones besides STR/VIT) up to the required numbers for Lord/Sam.

TL;DR: example Lord requires like 12 fucking Luck, among many other things... good luck classing your fighter into a Lord any time soon if you left his LUCK score at minimum or near-minimums.

that fighter will almost never gain luck when leveling up because Fighter class has very low dice roll % of receiving gains in non-STR/VIT attributes, and if you also made the fighter a race which is also low luck, such as a Werebeast or a Dragonnewt, then you're SHIT OUTTA LUCK.

double-down effect and that Fighter char's luck score will stay the same throughout the entire first half of the fucking game, and the only way he'll ever Lord-up will be by careful micro-management utilizing ankhs/protectorate.

So... yes, if you simply make each char have 10+ in each stat when you char-gen, you will be able to have them class into "elite" classes by 2nd or 3rd dungeon.

:)

Gunnar

Arbiter
RuySan

BTW, the most optimal way to ensure your characters qualify for advanced classes by the 3rd dungeon or so is to char-gen each character with a moderately good Bonus Points roll (no need to spend a lot of time, just a good BP roll), and then distribute the BP's so as to make the character's ATTRIBUTE SPREAD as EVENL AS POSSIBLE.

Is there any benefit to maxing LUCK, since it helps you get stat gains?

Puck Man

Novice
Exbelion

Diamond Colony is a cloak. (A good one). If there is any enemy named that as well it's news to me. I'll P.M. you a link of a (Decrypted) E: Gothic ROM for 3DS (i.e. it works on CITRA emulator).
/QUOTE]

aweigh: Is there any chance I could get that link? (I own the physical cart.)

RuySan

Augur
thanks aweigh for the explanation. I have one Dragonnewt brawler in my party with LCK 4, so I suppose he's not going anywhere with his life. Should I ditch him?

Right now he's my mvp, and i fear combats can drag for a long time if he's out.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
make no mistake, a Brawler is a top-tier damage dealer, AND is A+ character class for taking into post-game due to Brawlers also receiving the same AC Decline class ability that Ninjas have.

Only downside to a brawler (IMO) is that they're 100% linear, they're there to attack or defend someone, and nothing else. Basically a Fighter, and... most people consider using a Fighter kinda boring due to lack of stuff for him to do besides select attack.

so i would say keep him if you don't mind the simplicity of a brawler, cos they are a GREAT class. Top-tier DPS, i believe, especially once u start getting those rare brawler weapon drops past the mid-game (i.e. past the royal tomb dungeon, as that is the mid-point for the pre-game portion; once you're done w/ pre-game portion of Gothic you begin post-game portion which is basically playing an entirely new game in terms of the dungeons, the enemies, the drops, etc).

Me? I never roll brawlers cos:

- Same reason I don't keep a pure Fighter around: having each char be able to do something other than a physical attack is mandatory IMO for when game starts getting tougher. If I roll a Fighter it is ALWAYS with intention to class him/her into a Lord/Samurai/Hunter/Valkyrie. Hell, even Shaman tickles me more than a pure Fighter...

(Shamans get arguably the best late-game weaponry).

- So, like I just said, I don't roll brawlers because what for? I also rarely if ever utilize Summoners and that's where Brawlers really shine as their class ability, GROUP ATTACK will trigger a 2nd ability of theirs called CLEAN HIT if they manage to land all 4 attacks.

(GROUP ATK brawler class ability = allows character (brawler) to select their attack command once, and then execute that attack a maximum of 4 times; the attacks stop however, if one of the attacks miss, so you won't always execute 4 attacks)

If brawler lands all 4 attacks, then the 4th attack (and only that one) has a % which rises with brawler level + the char's stats and shit to perform a "CLEAN HIT". The 4th attack becomes the CLEAN HIT and that clean hit automatically lowers the receiving enemy's resistances, ALL OF THEIR RESISTANCES (their poison resists, cleric spells resists, and the primary goal: their resistance to being poke-captured i.e. summon resists)--

it lowers that enemy's suite of resists by -20%. it is also only way to lower an enemy's Summon-resistance. nothing else in the game does that.

That's why brawlers always go paired with summoners... so, it goes back to what i mentioned: since i don't particularly enjoy capturing summons (I think they're too OP, and I think the NINJA's "REPLICATE" ex-skill which clones the ninja and gives party a sort-of-summon extra char to help out is MUCH BETTER than summoning shit); so therefore I have zero reason to roll a Brawler.

All that said, brawler class is the undisputed highest damage dealers in the game, MAAAAYBE, MAAYBE in post-game they get out-DPS'd by pure FIGHTER wielding end-game weaponry... but brawler will always have AC Decline like ninjas guaranteeing they will have good (low) Armor Class.

Anyway, tl;dr you are correct: that Newt Brawler's 4 LUCK is so low that he will never raise it for shit, especially since Newts have lowest luck out of all races (along with lowest % of ever gaining luck point on level ups as well).

Dunno, basically keep him if you want a pure dps machine, but if you do so I recommend using that brawler IN PLACE of a Fighter or Hunter, as the remaining party slots should be filled by hybrids:

- alchies
- beginning thief -> ninja by mid-game
- cleric -> samurai to end up w/ mage and cleric schools, and/or into Bard to also get the mage school and replace the thief
- mage -> bishop/alchemist/summoner, not much good reason to keep pure Mage around, unlike pure Clerics, pure mage doesn't really earn their keep, but you know what's a good idea? classing a Mage into a pure Fighter, if you find yourself planning to use a Fighter for your party. That way you end up w/ a pseudo-Samurai character, i.e. Fighter w/ mage spells, with the bonus fact that Fighters deal way more DMG than samurai do (fighters get class ability Phys ATK Power UP ++ later on).
- alchie then -> summoner is a good one, and it would give your Brawler a reason to be in ur party to boot, and you'd be able to poke-capture all the OP summons in end-game, hehe.
- if you're lugging around a Fighter that can't class into anything, I recommend changing him/her to HUNTER, as hunters have class skill which allows the hunter to execute their attack action before the encounter's 1st official round commences.

that sounds "okayish" until you reach end-game / post-game, then u realize that having a hunter capable of one-shotting / status-inflicting one dangerous enemy BEFORE they ever evne get 1 action can become life-saving.

lotsa end-game / post-game enemies will act super fast, usually before anyone in ur party, and they like to behead/charm/etc, etc.

That said, if you don't particularly need that option to "snipe" enemies w/ Hunter, then never use one, as Fighters and Shamans get access to bows just as good as Hunters do, and Fighter deals more raw DPS than a Hunter could ever hope to; and Shaman-bows are insanely powerful, better than hunter's end-game bows.

Hunter is actually the one class I would say is most linear, even more linear and stunted than the Brawler! I mean, a fighter w/ a bow will always be a better hunter than the hunter char, and the hunter class has the WORST %'s when disarming traps or whatever; like, REAL bad. they are NOT a Thief-sub, unlike bards/ninjas who are 100% capable of subbing for the Thief.

EDIT: in STARFISH's previous games, the WIZARDRY EMPIRE series of games (which is where all of their Elminage know-how was born, as the Wiz Emp games are literally proto-Elminage games); in the Empire games the Hunter class was called Ranger, and had access to alchemy spells, also they could equip almost the same amount of heavy armor / weapons as fighters to boot.

dunno why starfish nerfed the hunter/ranger class so bad for their elminage games.

RuySan

Augur
My fighter i actually getting somewhat decent now. I'm more worried about the cleric which barely hits anything and it's worthless if not for the spells. He's probably going into the back row and the thief coming to the front. My alchemist has also shit stats.

And I can't Ninja my thief since I rolled a good/neutral party. Is there any chance to reverse alignments.

Is there any workaround for the encumbrance problem? There's barely any room for loot.

Deleted Member 16721

The Cleric gets better. She will be the MVP of a few fights when she gets her insta-death spell. :)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
A Cleric with a good Hammer in front-row can lay serious smack down due to some "thangs":

- almost all of the good (and a few of the bad) hammers, maces and clubs (i.e. shit your Cleric likes) begin to start getting gud, stat-wise, right about mid-game point...

- and around 60% through the game, you'll start getting quite a few hammers, maces and/or clubs that usually won't be quite as gud stat-wise as the ones you've been finding, but they'll be feature a Battle Use, usually something like casting a spell or buffing/debuffing, etc.

Post-game you're literally DROWNING in godly hammers. Check out the stats for a (Cleric-usable, of course!) Aes Sifter:

Hammer: Justice
Range: S
Accuaracy: -1 (A penalty: weapons don't like negative modifers, the reverse of armor pieces)
DMG Spread: 14 - 56
# of Swings-per-Attack: 1
Grip: 2-Handed
Usage: All (Except Faery)
Alignment Required: Good
Enchantment:
- 2x DMG versus Elementals, but "X" DMG versus Gods.

- Attribute Attack: Holy ATK Power: 30%
(This affects the recovery rates on resurrection spells, and amount of healing granted by cure spells; this also influences the total damage output from the Cleric's "Immolorati" spell)

- Attribute Defense: Holy 20%
(This means 20% extra defense versus Holy-type spells or attacks, the only one of which would target the player character would be an enemy casting Elnam; or, of course, Immolorati)

- Attribute Defense: Dark -40%
(This is a decrease; this means Dark-type spells such as "instant death" spells like the Mage's earthquake, or the Cleric's Zeifus-whatever spell, work better against you; unless of course your gear/enchantments overcome the decrease from the Weapon)

Also...

Turmeric Basara
range: S
acc: No bonus
DMG spread: 1 7 ~ 112
Attacks-Per-Swing: 2 (Quite good for a Hammer)
both hands
Usage: Any Male or Female (Except Faery / Transgender)
attribute Attack: Lightning 50%
Attribute defense: lightning 50%
Double batting: (Reverse of "Justice") 2x DMG versus Gods, but not effective against Elementals
Special activation: confusion 5%
special activation: petrification 5%
Special resistance: beheaded 25%
Special restriction: cannot be further enchanted by Alchemy

Despico hammer
range: S
Acc: -2
dmg spread: 12 to 66
Atks-per-Swing: 1
both hands
enchantment:
- Double batting: Spirit =
- AC: +3
- Special activation: confusion: 8%

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
RuySan , dawg, of course Starfish knows how to take care of its players! you know there is obviously an item that changes Thief to Ninja. It's in there, you just hafta get one :)

(This item, btw, is a direct homage/reproduction of the same item that first originated way back with Wizardry 1: proving grounds; the thief-to-ninja space-time conundrum is one that has been around since 1984!)

Those were all 2-handers, this is an excellent main-hand Cleric-exclusive weapon:

Mjolnir
Range: S
Accuracy Bonus: 5 (WOW, amazing for a Hammer)
DMG spread: 8 to 36
Attacks-per-Swing: 4 (WOW again)
Grip: Main-Hand
Usage: Clerics
Enchantment:

- 3x DMG versus GIANT type enemies.

- Attribute Attack: Lightning 60%
- Attribute defense: lightning 10%

Special restriction: Cannot be further enchanted by Alchemy.

Earth shifter S 1 8 to 72
() 1 - both hands - Battle Battle Outside of Fairy Double hit: Other than the God + / The divine: -
Attack Attack: Dark 100%
Attribute Defense: Dark -100%
Special activation: Petrochemical: 5%
No alchemy

Anyway, my point is simply that unlike pure Mages; the pure Cleric has following benefits:

- pure Cleric deals obscene DMG output by using Immolorati spell; the spell increases its DMG output by up to 5 times versus when cast by a Bishop or Valkyrie or Lord.

- pure Cleric has class ability of Holy MAG PWR Up++, and that means that with a good levelled Cleric you will almost NEVER have to fear a resurrection spell not working correctly, which in and of itself is EXTREMELY useful when inside Ibag's Tower.

- Cleric class can equip good armor pieces, good weapons.

- If the cleric is also a high STR race (dwarves are the best, but DEVILISH make excellent clerics too), then they can actually contribute in terms of damage done by their standard attack.

Either put the cleric in front with his/her hammer/mace/club, or enchant the weapon for unlimited range. I dare say my last party's Cleric would deal about same DMG output as my Thief, sometimes more if he got a lucky hit.

- Vast majority of cleric weapons (hammers/maces/clubs) always have something extra: usually they do or cast something when used in battle.

Some are the only items which allow changing alignments in certain cases, such as Devil Stick (change to evil) and the reverse with a Pope's Mace.

- Lastly, unlike pure Mages, Bishops and Alchemists, the Cleric class has worthwhile, bordering-on-"legit" Hit Point dice roll gains upon level ups, and the class itself also heavily favors STR, VIT and PIETY when rolling for level up stat gains, which is EXTREMELY practical!

(I assume you realize, for example, that a Thief class favors the LUC and AGI stats when rolling the level up dice? Class, race and age are the 3 factors that determine majority of anything related to hit points or the attribute systems; and XP gain as well, of course).

EDIT: TBH, I think a pure Cleric is one of the strongest classes for an Ibag's Tower and/or for the entire post-game. Their class ability of extra holy power when casting means you will only need 1 single Rafalima spell to cure the whole party, which will use only 1 turn (very cost-effective when fighting a dangerous encounter)...

...and I stress again that ONLY the pure Cleric has the high-enough %'s to pretty much guarantee that no party member ever again turns to Ashes when you attempt to revive, while 10 floors deep, and then have to flee due to your fucking char turning to Ash and ruining your chances of further dungeon progression at that moment).

Lastly, the amount of DMG they deal when casting Immolorati is obscene, but of course this requires having someone else with access to MIRACLE spell (Mage school) so that after Immolorati is utilized, the MIRACLE can restore the MP's.

A few Immoloratis, a few Miracles, and literally no enemy can survive. That is the optimal power-gamey combo for beating gods/final bosses, ever since Elminage: Original.

It's relaly fucking bhroken. lewl

EDIT: ah, forgot to mention: no other character/class can fire off instant death spells like a mofo, almost never failing, but the pure Cleric. Once again, their spells are bettered by their class mastery ability(ies). Put something that boosts their Dark Attribute's Attack %, and man, Cleric will mow down rows using that instant death spell of theirs which is row-targeting.

(Yeah, 2000 hours of Elminage and I still can't remember the spell names).

BTW, Cleric w/ Chi Wave is an amazing combo because normally Clerics rarely, if EVER, get access to worthwhile/good weapons that are M-range or L-range. All of their shit is S-range, naturally.

The CHI WAVE ex-Skills is an L-range, non-elemental attack which produces its DMG output derivced from the character's equipped weapons, which means even in the back row a Cleric can use CHI WAVE and deal 400-600 DMG points, simply because they have a top-tier 2-handed Hammer/Mace/Club equipped.

:)

Last edited:

RuySan

Augur
So, I suppose I shouldn't convert the cleric to bishop? Bishops where the shit, in a good way, in late Wizardries.

Exbelion

Educated
Yeah, pure clerics can deplete half of an enemy's HP with Immolarati.
Very useful against enemies with high HP restore such as Archangel, Nordetanit and Incarnation.
Although pure clerics have their pros, they do have their cons as well.

RuySan

Augur
Aweigh, do you have any idea how encounter rate in this game works?

I notice that the chance for a random encounter after opening a door is much higher, and some areas, like the upper levels of the great tree seem also to have an higher rating.

Anyway, i'm going to leave the game for a while because sometimes it gets just too exhausting. I wish there was a game like this but with a better puzzle/exploration/fighting balance. Like Grimrock but with good combat.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
You mean random encounters OR fixed encounters? Cause there are both in E:Gothic. But the static encounters are far more numerous. Actual RANDOM encounters are somewhat rare. Note all static encounters respawn on game reload/map change (such as going up/down a stairway).
Carry a Sheephair Brush in your inventory to see all static encounters on the uncovered map (alchemy combine devil'd lapis and devil iron or elven iron and millstone).

RuySan

Augur
The game has fixed encounters mostly???

Well, my mind is blown. I'll have to try not to be such a savescummer now, but being ambushed by red caps gets kind of old.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Clarification: Fixed encounter locations. Which still consist of random enemy groups, out of composition pools specific for each floor.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
The game has fixed encounters mostly???

Well, my mind is blown. I'll have to try not to be such a savescummer now, but being ambushed by red caps gets kind of old.

you don't need to explore the entire dungeon, what you need in the tree dungeon is right on the first floor, then you can go to B1 real quick and grab that map item if you want, I'd come back to this dungeon later for the rest...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Dorarnae

did you recruit all of the 3ds-added npc party members? so far i have Rem, the devilish valk, and ofc mysterious child (who was officially given the name Wyndham); am missing:

- Genuci, the old guy who unlocks the magic doll race. Not sure if he joins, or if he only gives access to doll race creation. I brought him the coal he wanted from dorzapola tunnel and in return he gave me a "valuable item" an Elaborate Doll. I believe the dwarf in b2f of hastrana progresses this mini-quest, but so far no luck. No one wants to do anything with my Elaborate Doll.

- a pair of brothers, Huy and Fei, i think they're ogre race, or possibly goblin race; it's a bitch to make out details from the translated wiki engrish. don't know where they can be found/recruited, can't find any information other than they exist and join (scouring the jp wiki). And, (by scouring the jp wiki), found out at least one of them is a Shaman, and the other one i think might be a Bard.

- a herbalist female npc, awaiting recruitment in b1f of Hastrana. have to approach her without any devilish in group (which means removing Rem and Wyndham when i go talk to her) and she wants a Cat Eye Ring before joining. This chick would be the 3rd NPC i will recruit.

So, with Rem (dev valk), wydhamn (dev ninja, but I class changed him to thief because he's now my party thief), and the female Herbalist npc, that leaves 3 slots left which accounts perfectly for:

- the old man (and/or his puppet, but am p. sure the old man himself joins); and the 2 brothers.

Any help? info?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
btw, starfish like, juuust super recently spat out a 3ds ver. of elminage: original.

have no clue whether it is a "remix" version, like the 3ds gothic and the NDS elminage 1 and 2 versions, (3 was psp only); or if it is like the PC port which is basically:

- exact same game and content as e: original on PSP (which was already the 4th iteration/port/remake of elminage 1), except with new menu/UI/graphics.

i have grown quite fond of the 3ds /nds UI/menu setups for elminage games, namely the elminage 2 NDS remix port, and of course the 3ds elminage: gothic remix port. a lot of quality of life stuff that helps even transcend language barriers such as:

- when you're trading an item the chars who can use/equip that item will have their portraits glow, and the chars who cannot use/equip the item will be faded.

- char attributes (in the character sheet screen) will be highlighted red when nearing the race minimums, orange when just past that, then white and then blue/yellow when nearing character's racial maximums. very handy to know at a glance.

- when equipping/unequipping gear there are (being nds/3ds games) 2 seperate screens showing the before/after/CURRENTLY effects of the item being manipulated.

and other shit.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Dorarnae

did you recruit all of the 3ds-added npc party members? so far i have Rem, the devilish valk, and ofc mysterious child (who was officially given the name Wyndham); am missing:

- Genuci, the old guy who unlocks the magic doll race. Not sure if he joins, or if he only gives access to doll race creation. I brought him the coal he wanted from dorzapola tunnel and in return he gave me a "valuable item" an Elaborate Doll. I believe the dwarf in b2f of hastrana progresses this mini-quest, but so far no luck. No one wants to do anything with my Elaborate Doll.

- a pair of brothers, Huy and Fei, i think they're ogre race, or possibly goblin race; it's a bitch to make out details from the translated wiki engrish. don't know where they can be found/recruited, can't find any information other than they exist and join (scouring the jp wiki). And, (by scouring the jp wiki), found out at least one of them is a Shaman, and the other one i think might be a Bard.

- a herbalist female npc, awaiting recruitment in b1f of Hastrana. have to approach her without any devilish in group (which means removing Rem and Wyndham when i go talk to her) and she wants a Cat Eye Ring before joining. This chick would be the 3rd NPC i will recruit.

So, with Rem (dev valk), wydhamn (dev ninja, but I class changed him to thief because he's now my party thief), and the female Herbalist npc, that leaves 3 slots left which accounts perfectly for:

- the old man (and/or his puppet, but am p. sure the old man himself joins); and the 2 brothers.

Any help? info?

umm it's a bit far. I don't think I ever got that dev valk though, that chick in hastrana is a birdian right? and the other two are giant if I remember.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
btw, starfish like, juuust super recently spat out a 3ds ver. of elminage: original.

have no clue whether it is a "remix" version, like the 3ds gothic and the NDS elminage 1 and 2 versions, (3 was psp only); or if it is like the PC port which is basically:

- exact same game and content as e: original on PSP (which was already the 4th iteration/port/remake of elminage 1), except with new menu/UI/graphics.

i have grown quite fond of the 3ds /nds UI/menu setups for elminage games, namely the elminage 2 NDS remix port, and of course the 3ds elminage: gothic remix port. a lot of quality of life stuff that helps even transcend language barriers such as:

- when you're trading an item the chars who can use/equip that item will have their portraits glow, and the chars who cannot use/equip the item will be faded.

- char attributes (in the character sheet screen) will be highlighted red when nearing the race minimums, orange when just past that, then white and then blue/yellow when nearing character's racial maximums. very handy to know at a glance.

- when equipping/unequipping gear there are (being nds/3ds games) 2 seperate screens showing the before/after/CURRENTLY effects of the item being manipulated.

and other shit.

it's the psp version on 3ds. because if they added something, I would buy it lol.

Latro

Arcane
wtf they put all these elminage games on 3ds and still no english ports

i'd buy all elminages full price for the fucking 3ds, it's still here collecting dust

Dorarnae

Arbiter
wtf they put all these elminage games on 3ds and still no english ports

i'd buy all elminages full price for the fucking 3ds, it's still here collecting dust

yeah Etrian odyssey 5 was pretty much the last 3ds game I bought. haven't bought many 3ds game compared to the ds....(well not liking smt4 didn't help too)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Dorarnae

did you actually beat the 3ds-remix new end boss? guy's stats make incarnation look wholesome. btw, from what i've gathered so far, the recruitable npc's that i absolutely know can be gotten are:

- Rem (dev valk; you get her basically by mapping out entirety of guatella grotto. she shows up, so does her dad, a very easy fight and then she joins)

- Wyndham (mysterious child from PC version)

- Hishage (don't know who it is, or where he/she shows up, but 100% verified as a joinable)

- Anastacia (woman with bird wings inside Hastrana b2f who asks for a cat's eye ring before joining; won't join if any devilish are in current party)

- brothers Hey and Fui (don't know where they show up, but like Hishage already verified as joinables)

unknown so far: Genic, the old guy who gives you the key item which opens up creation of magic doll race.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Dorarnae

did you actually beat the 3ds-remix new end boss? guy's stats make incarnation look wholesome. btw, from what i've gathered so far, the recruitable npc's that i absolutely know can be gotten are:

- Rem (dev valk; you get her basically by mapping out entirety of guatella grotto. she shows up, so does her dad, a very easy fight and then she joins)

- Wyndham (mysterious child from PC version)

- Hishage (don't know who it is, or where he/she shows up, but 100% verified as a joinable)

- Anastacia (woman with bird wings inside Hastrana b2f who asks for a cat's eye ring before joining; won't join if any devilish are in current party)

- brothers Hey and Fui (don't know where they show up, but like Hishage already verified as joinables)

unknown so far: Genic, the old guy who gives you the key item which opens up creation of magic doll race.

yes I did

you need the passive to prevent his healing otherwise he heals wayyy too much hehe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom