Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Space, Sims & City Builders' started by Raapys, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Fedora Master Educated

Fedora Master
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Let no man say I didn't try to like the game. :salute:

^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Parrots:
    can you hire npc wingmen ?
    what about trading ? Are there any cap ships i can hire to trade stuff like in X games ?

^ Top  
  3. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Parrots:
    So, from what I gather, ED's main advantage is that it's purdy.
    :mca:

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Stokowski Arcane

Stokowski
    Parrots:
    It sounds even better than it looks.

:swen::mca::balance:

^ Top  
  5. Fedora Master Educated

Fedora Master
    Parrots:
    >Automation
    >In ED

That's just preposterous.

^ Top  
  6. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Elite was never like X.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Suchy Arcane

Suchy
    Parrots:
    1 - Sort of. You can hire an NPC to man a launchable fighter, if your ship is big enough. Not sure if this is Horizons-only feature.
    2 - Nope.

Horizons is a pay2win DLC.
    Engineer bases are located on planets, and engineering ships make them way way better in everything. For example my fully combat equipped Python can still jump over 22 ly, or you can make a lightweight Anaconda with ~57 ly range. You stand no chance in a PVP combat against an enineered ship, which will outmaneuver, outrun and outgun you in seconds. Getting a fully upgraded ship is a long grind though, I'm still not done with my Python.
    However, apart from Engineers and planetary outposts, there's quite a bit of Horizons-only content. I'm thinking about the whole alien related story, with ancient ruins or Thargoid bases which you can explore/activate in an SRV. You can't participate in, nor discover any of it without Horizons, you're just stuck with GalNet news feed about these findings. In the end i'm not regretting buying it.
    As far as I know, the whole holo-me stuff was a first step to so called space-legs, where you're supposed to be able to walk around your ship and stations. Later in the futurue - atmospheric landings. Anyway I suppose these will be separate DLCs again.

Oh yes, it does look amazing in VR.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG][/spoler]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 2:30 PM
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)