Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Shadenuat

Arcane
Some more hardcore kool quest design - getting Karsten the drug seller. (basically 2d part of quest to join Clerics)
You find evidence, but only way to tell on him is to walk to him and tell him to pack his things and go at which point he gets out the pwnhammer and 1-shots you. Nobody around in camp notices, and since he's hostile no monsters attack him either.
You can't accept his deal and tell on him or like, you can't tell his superiors, or anyone in camp. Basically you can only agree to not tell on him.

But hey, what did Dark Souls teach us?

Nothing exists that can't be just solved by

4BB0CB77BAF54A5170C3E5011F0E0F1C19CE9361

mFSnWJZ.png

ah, the beauty of stamina based combat systems and environmental combat. And it only took 300 hits or so.

And no he didn't drop neither his hammer, or gun or armor. Although game prompted telltale-style "dis changes story!". Urh.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm broke again...

Recent expenses:

30K for Paladin armor
20K for upgraded & enchanted paladin axe
6K for stronghold upgrades

I could have bought so much Elex with that :(

Edit: I dunno who said "get the mining skills" -- they have done NOTHING for me. I never minded anything worth any money. Hunting, on the other hand, is $$$.

bataille

Arcane
The dummy developers should have explored the possibilities of humanity growing through harnessing the powers of mana, spiritual (in the esoteric sense) grow, and transcending mere flesh. But instead it's fireballs to burn a dinosaur and some hearts.
Also, an interesting angle that piranhas haven't tackled is the post-war time. It'd be very refreshing to have at least a few hours of gameplay for every faction after the albs' downfall...
All three factions provide so much material that you could write novels upon novels about their core concepts. Or some quests, I guess.

Tigranes

Arcane
Choosing a faction to join is too hard. Clerics are absolute cunts but I love their guns, Berserkers hate technology needlessly and Outlaws are basically TV stealing niggers but again I love the firepower. At the same time I want to give Magalan a future so Berserker is the best way to go, but what kind of future is just shitting from trees with no innovation? I guess having mana powered firearms would be rad but the fucks on top won't allow me ebil technology.

Good, none of this 'lets just have the best of everything with no drawbacks' 9 year old deus ex machina crap.

I felt a bit dirty joining a faction, as it shpuld.

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
People have used Cheat Engine to determine your HP. At base you have 100hp. At max Con and max HP skills, you have 250hp. Equipment does the heavy lifting and I'm happy with that because it makes looting stuff really satisfying when you get an upgrade. The itemization for a game of this size is surprisingly good. It could easily have been Oblivion level with so much crap that noone has any use for. The fact that money-making skills are still a boon 40+ hours in to the game makes me really happy because few games do that well. And almost none from the past 5 years (barring some mods).

I do kinda wish they could have expanded on Risen's responsiveness with the stamina and combo system from ELEX though. It's not GREAT combat, but it does the job as a vehicle for exploration.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Nice i can't finish the game because of ground breaking bug, if you side with a
hybrid. The quest Future of Magelan won't complete, because after talking to logan, the quest don't update... Fucking PB and their lousy shitty game

People on steam are starting to report on that. How the hell you couldn't check such shit in testing?

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
Choosing a faction to join is too hard. Clerics are absolute cunts but I love their guns, Berserkers hate technology needlessly and Outlaws are basically TV stealing niggers but again I love the firepower. At the same time I want to give Magalan a future so Berserker is the best way to go, but what kind of future is just shitting from trees with no innovation? I guess having mana powered firearms would be rad but the fucks on top won't allow me ebil technology.
you know how pb games work: faction are needed for extra stuff, eventually you are going to be indipendent with your not diego not gorn team and kill all the faction leaders

Elex

Arbiter
People have used Cheat Engine to determine your HP. At base you have 100hp. At max Con and max HP skills, you have 250hp. Equipment does the heavy lifting and I'm happy with that because it makes looting stuff really satisfying when you get an upgrade. The itemization for a game of this size is surprisingly good. It could easily have been Oblivion level with so much crap that noone has any use for. The fact that money-making skills are still a boon 40+ hours in to the game makes me really happy because few games do that well. And almost none from the past 5 years (barring some mods).

I do kinda wish they could have expanded on Risen's responsiveness with the stamina and combo system from ELEX though. It's not GREAT combat, but it does the job as a vehicle for exploration.
so they actually know what stats do?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Yeah, I feel exactly same way. Clerics represent same technocracy that grind humanity today, but have cool armour and weapon, which is interesting to try out.
Outlaws feels like pit filled with shit, that's "no future" for sure, BUT I like that thief-rogue archtype they based on, and actually want to join them.
Bereserkers feels like real future for game world, but I dont want to join them, BUT I want them to survive and to win.
You see?
So I don't want to join Berserkers, but want them to succeed, I want join Outlaws, but want them to fail, and don't want to join Clerics and them to win, but their shiny toys.

Vault Dweller are you with us? What do you think about such approach? I think it would be definitely cool to allow player to act like this.

they have done NOTHING for me
Why? It suppose to give more raw Elex for stat potion.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Whatever I do I cannot join the Berserkers. I have done every quest possible in Goliet and Warlord Fuckface keeps screaming EARN THOSE PLEDGES AND YOU MAY EARN THE CHANCE TO PROVE YOURSELF or whatever the fuck. At this point I'm done with the fucks in Goliet anyway. Only 2 or 3 normal people, everyone else are dipshits.
Oh wow. I asked him about it at night instead, even though I had completed no quests at all, and it worked.

For me there was one last quest under the main heading "law of the berserkers" involving a dude who ran off to hide with the clerics.

I spare him -> Too much law breakage, no berserker for me
I keel him -> Yay Berserker fun time

Eh, just wanted the XP boost, I joined the clerics, nice to have this as a backup save though incase I want to replay.

It's funny how the Outlaws and Clerics let you join after a couple bitch quests but ZOMG berserkers have the highest standards.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It's funny how the Outlaws and Clerics let you join after a couple bitch quests but ZOMG berserkers have the highest standards.
You know, that might have been an intended decision by PB. Maybe they didn't want you to join the first faction you get to so fast, and wanted you to take your time in the world and learn the other factions first?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't get any elex from mining, only elexite. Waste of a talent. If you have Mining 2 you get 40 elexite, otherwise you get 10. Big whoop.

Edit: correction, 20 without skill, 30 with, 40 with skill rank 2. Elexite, not raw/pure elex. Pretty worthless. It will pay for itself, but only barely. The skill point is best spent investing into pickpocketing/lockpicking/hacking/hunting/haggling if you want to earn currency.

Last edited:

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Are the PSI spells supposed to look really bland and boring? I thought when I got chain lightning I would be shooting actual lightning not some little gay ass ball with some shitty spark fx

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
One of the companions had an interesting opinion on the Berserkers idea of growing the world hearts. Sure they grow up everything around them, but what is the end result? Will they get so big that they just engulf the entire planet and ruin the ecosystem?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Are the PSI spells supposed to look really bland and boring? I thought when I got chain lightning I would be shooting actual lightning not some little gay ass ball with some shitty spark fx
Just be thankful for a spammable aoe damaging stunning mass effect ball that can clean 5-6 enemies in a stunlock with 1 mana bar even at skill level 1.

And since mana restores with sleeping and there are teleports, time for some baldur's gate tactic baby yeaa.

deama

Prophet
Hmm, I don't really like it that Attributes don't give you a dmg bonus, makes the progression a bit stagnant late game.

oscar

Arcane
About three hours in an easily the most entertaining RPG experience I've had since Age of Decadence. Very cool game four hours in, happy I took a gamble and bought this.

Linear/Sawyer-esque skills and item systems are such a plague on the RPG genre as a whole. Here getting your hands on a fucking cool sword feels awesome and makes you chuckle with glee at how now you'll be able to kick that guy's ass who previously stomped your teeth in instead of some paltry linear +0.5 damage with a 2% frost modifier. Power progression is real and satisfying.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm broke again...

Recent expenses:

30K for Paladin armor
20K for upgraded & enchanted paladin axe
6K for stronghold upgrades

I could have bought so much Elex with that :(

Edit: I dunno who said "get the mining skills" -- they have done NOTHING for me. I never minded anything worth any money. Hunting, on the other hand, is $$$.

Mining does indeed seem to blow. Hunting on the other hand is almost mandatory. You get insane amounts of cash from all the trophies over the course of the game. Do higher level enemies drop pure ELEX without it?

Are heavy weapons worth it? I've got a few upcoming fights with hordes of enemies. Something with aoe damage seems very appealing all of a sudden.

Murk

Arcane
I don't get any elex from mining, only elexite. Waste of a talent. If you have Mining 2 you get 40 elexite, otherwise you get 10. Big whoop.

I've been getting 20 elexit with no talent/skill in it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
10? TEN?
That's just a base quantity right? With 1/2 it is 20 right? RIGHT?

ruin the ecosystem?
I didn't see any ecosystem besides their woods to be onest, the rest are desert and snow.

And since mana restores with sleeping
Absolutely decline?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom