Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
What do you mean by "wonky as hell" exactly? The game was in a fully playable state on launch and the patches they have released now fixed whatever bugs there were left and rebalanced some things such as the flamethrower. If what you mean by that is "I don't like the combat, have they made it to my liking?" then I'll have to respond with a no.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
What do you mean by "wonky as hell" exactly? The game was in a fully playable state on launch and the patches they have released now fixed whatever bugs there were left and rebalanced some things such as the flamethrower. If what you mean by that is "I don't like the combat, have they made it to my liking?" then I'll have to respond with a no.
Alright, let's start small: Can you still be stun-locked by explosions from underneath when attacked by enemies while on, say, a bridge?

Dodo1610

Arcane
Alright, let's start small: Can you still be stun-locked by explosions from underneath when attacked by enemies while on, say, a bridge?
yes

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
yes

working as intended

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Good game I can recommend it to everyone. What surprised me was that they've made all the factions in the game so different, on visual level that you'd think they'll clash with each other, but no, somehow, through the way they've picked colour palettes etc. none of them looks out of place and all of them are badass enough to be attractive.

However, whoever decided on the "starting" quests where joining the Templars or whatever they were called requires you to cheese like a fucking freak should be shot. If they're going to make one adn the same game, at least keep the good things - it should be profitable for me to do all the "starting" quests in all factions, sure, but I shouldn't be railroaded into "If you don't want to cheese, do berserkers first and then start doing outlaws, otherwise you'll be happy to even reach the Fort(or Horth for that matter)" is a fucking disgrace.

Overall after Risens which I didn't even want to play for more than an hour I've got a game that I kinda liked and if they're able to fix the problems it has, then I'm definitely trying out ELEX2

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
However, whoever decided on the "starting" quests where joining the Templars or whatever they were called requires you to cheese like a fucking freak should be shot. If they're going to make one adn the same game, at least keep the good things - it should be profitable for me to do all the "starting" quests in all factions, sure, but I shouldn't be railroaded into "If you don't want to cheese, do berserkers first and then start doing outlaws, otherwise you'll be happy to even reach the Fort(or Horth for that matter)" is a fucking disgrace.
You can get recruited by the Clerics by talking to a group of them that walk around the domed city, which leads you to their HQ automatically.

Codex Year of the Donut
Good game I can recommend it to everyone. What surprised me was that they've made all the factions in the game so different, on visual level that you'd think they'll clash with each other, but no, somehow, through the way they've picked colour palettes etc. none of them looks out of place and all of them are badass enough to be attractive.

Overall after Risens which I didn't even want to play for more than an hour I've got a game that I kinda liked and if they're able to fix the problems it has, then I'm definitely trying out ELEX2
FYI there's an encounter you seemed to have skipped where you can either voluntarily be transported to their HQ or be
kidnapped

T. Reich

Arcane
You can get recruited by the Clerics by talking to a group of them that walk around the domed city, which leads you to their HQ automatically.

That's when I reloaded the game, then proceeded to kill him with extreme prejudice, as well as killing any wandering clerics from that point onwards.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The game is also described as a contemporary classic.
Granted, Fallout 3, PoE2, Witcher 3, Tyranny, Mafia 3 and Dragon Age Origins are too.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's weird there has never been any DLC or addon, hope we'll get something eventually. It was almost a year between G2 and NotR so fingers crossed.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
PB said they don't want to do DLC from what I recall. I think they'd rather just do ELEX 2 which I predict will come out by 2019 or 2020, and Gothic 5 after that as Bjorn said on the Kai Rosenkranz stream a while ago that they apparently are working on it.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Not that Kai Rosenkranz is working on it, that Bjorn said that PB was working on it. Although, I wouldn't lose out hope either as Kai is clearly still friendly with PB and as he is a freelancer at the moment, mostly working for German/European games he might work with PB again too.

Old One

Arcane
Been playing Elex from time to time for the past couple of weeks. I'm enjoying it more than any game of this type I've tried in a long while. The setting is very nice, and I like the three-dimensionality of the terrain and exploration. I haven't decided which faction to join, but I'm always tempted to play a mage in PB games.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I chose Berzerkor, I also chose Fire Mage in Gothic 2. Unfortunately, magic is not quite as powerful as it was in Gothic 2 and just as an example the fire magic can essentially just be replaced by a flamethrower. I hope that in Elex 2 the magic will scale up better. I think Berserker is definitely the definitive experience because to join them you have to complete a lot of quests, more than any other faction. Also helps that Goliet is definitely the most developed and pretty area of the game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Clerics are much more interesting as casters. And they look a lot more stylish too!

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To great effect though. PSI/magic.... that's semantics.
And Clerics look a lot better. Also have nice decoy/cheat death abilities that also make them well suited to melee.

Tigranes

Arcane
cleric magic is gamebreakingly overpowered, so 'scaling up magic' might destroy the elex universe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom