Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also: If something looks dangerous, it can probably kill you.
Follow the Joe Rogan school of thought, "That thing would rip you to fuckin' shreds man, Jesus Christ."

And not the Timothy Treadwell school of thought "Hey that bear is really nice and loves me... aaaaaaaaaaaargggh he is eating me"

Erikolaz

Educated
bandits is for real men

C.R.O.N.Y. U4 confirms.

ELEX_2017-11-20_18-17-39-77.jpg

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The main issue I have so far is that I dislike the main protagonist... which is problematic since this who "I" am. What a pretend macho asshole hahaha
Generally the NPCs and the discussions so far in the berserker city..... yeah, I'm guessing it's not the game's strong suit.
Also I hope there are actual reasons to join factions because the way they try to convince me so far makes me not want to join any of them. It's early tho

I like the exploration with the jet pack, the added dimension is cool
The combat is "clunky" but ok, I was expecting worse tbh

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Also I hope there are actual reasons to join factions because the way they try to convince me so far makes me not want to join any of them. It's early tho
You have to later and that's the point. Each faction has it's own very large share of issues and benefits.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The main issue I have so far is that I dislike the main protagonist... which is problematic since this who "I" am. What a pretend macho asshole hahaha
Generally the NPCs and the discussions so far in the berserker city..... yeah, I'm guessing it's not the game's strong suit.

I like the exploration with the jet pack, the added dimension is cool
The combat is "clunky" but ok, I was expecting worse tbh

Well, he was a baddest of asses when it comes to ALB commanders!

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Could some of our Germans explain what they are talking about? Google auto translate is really poor.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Nothing new or spectacular

not verbatim said:
Welcome to Piranha Tank TV

I'm Jörg Pankratz and am the project lead and am also involved with story, music and sound design.
I'm Jenny Pankratz and also do story design, social media and PR.

Why do we do this?

We need to reach out to people on many different channels.

Until ELEX we didn't do this (only (snail) mail and our fan forum), but this has changed.

Our goal is to provide you with some insights on the people, who produce our games and we
also want to explain some of our decisions and design processes.

We want to be closer to the consumer / community, something we already started during the
development of ELEX - the days of the black box developers are over.

Which feedback and ideas from the community are in the game?
  • features, which a lot of people want (or features we already had on our list)
  • e.g. no motor bikes, because the streets are ruined
  • but maximal freedom (climbing roofs, rocks, ...) is back, no restrictive climbing spots
  • and the idea for the jetpack was born
  • no more corridors
  • higher difficulty (no "the customer is king, click and the monster is dead" awesome button)
  • (but their easy mode was still too difficult for the story mode players, which they addressed in a recent patch)
  • QTEs out after community feedback and he admits, that they are a bad match for their kind of games
  • Lore and atmosphere: Moar immershun, background stories, ..., audio logs, books, notes
  • Quests have now more (real) consequences, not just pseudo consequences (replayability is a key design goal)
Next time: Battle Royal mode in games and what Piranha Bytes thinks about this latest trend

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Next time: Battle Royal mode in games and what Piranha Bytes thinks about this latest trend
If I had to guess, Björn is positive since he has a hundred hours in PUBG. Interesting though, hope they make a English version or give English subtitles since it's a international language.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom