Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Two-handed swords are disappointingly short.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
People (rightly) complain about the healing root quest in Goliet where you have to gather 7 specific plants of which there are only 7 in the entire world. So far, I've seen only 2 such quests - one in Goliet, the other from the womyn with a pet troll. Meanwhile R3 was CHOCKFUL of these. It was like every other, if not more, quest was "Bring me 5 specific plants that grow somewhere in one place on the ass end of the world".

I thought the healing root quest was fine because it directs the player into finding a "hidden" semi-powerful weapon and pits you against a very high level enemy. I consider the Goliet quests to be a soft tutorial so this, to me, seems just like the devs teasing the player with some mid-to-high level stuff at the very beginning of the game.
yeah, it's great that you have to deal with (run around) a high level enemy that early in the game, and find a semi powerful weapon that early in the game and then not being able to equip it, because according to the set character progression time line you were not supposed to find that weapon until much later. :troll:

I'm so sorry the game offended you by presenting you with things that you cannot equip or fight against so early on. Maybe you should try playing Oblivion instead? The game would surely scale better to your level.
i was saying it was good to be up against a high level enemy early on. it was bad for the game to decide for me when i should be equipping my stuff..

You were one of those kids that bawled when they didn't get a new toy while you went shopping with your parents, weren't you? The truly sad thing is that years later you haven't changed at all and you're still getting visibly upset over a video game limiting the items you can use at any given moment. It's called a teaser and it's supposed to give you a goal that you can work toward for a nice reward. You're playing the wrong game if you are expecting instant gratification to be supplied by PB.

Xeon

Augur
I kinda want to say I wish if harder difficulties improve the ai instead of buffing enemies but not sure how many games actually does that. Also I am not sure what "Varied gameplay" means but gameplay in ELEX kinda sucks, combat is clunky, stealth not that great as well.

I can't remember if there are any other activities that go under gameplay.

I kinda agree with Reapa about equipment being gated behind attributes, not a great design, it Dark Soul system isn't good then they should improve on it instead or something. I mean if your striegth is 10 and you use a weapon that require a strength of 20 then you use it slowly or something and consume more stamina. If it requires 50 STR then you just can equip it but you can't use it or something. Things like that.

Having attributes just to gate items sucks pretty bad.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Slugbeasts have worst AI in the game. 60% of the time they just stand still and do nothing.

The most agressive and smart are chimeras I think. Neither mutants, bugs or spiders can match the randomness and constant direction changing of those.

Agreed to both. Slugbeasts & reskins die to the same tactic as trolls - run behind them from the left, unleash fureh, repeat.

Chimeras & reskins however, those sons of bitches I only dare to attack in melee if there's a convenient big rock or something that I could run around while poking them back. And the worst (?) thing is that their variants have different stagger resistance, so while for example you can stagger a moloch to death with two-handed swift attacks, it's not possible against stalkers.

2nd most vicious enemy type are probably all sorts of spiders (rippers, swamp spiders, FLEISCHGRILLEN UND PANZERSCHRECKEN), but they are piss easy in comparison, since at least you can reliably kill them through hit'n'run.

Two-handed swords are disappointingly short.

The reach is actually longer than the animation would suggest in my experience.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Either this game made everyone retarded or some people are here to shill for this game, I can't find a better explanation , it almost feels like the American election where people kept telling how great Hillary was and look how that turn out , she clearly lost because she didn't have a jet pack.

Xeon

Augur
Man, I never said I wanted a Dark Souls game, I most likely would not play this game if it was, it will just be too much stress. Just some of the systems that work great should be used or improved upon.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I kinda agree with Reapa about equipment being gated behind attributes, not a great design, it Dark Soul system isn't good then they should improve on it instead or something. I mean if your striegth is 10 and you use a weapon that require a strength of 20 then you use it slowly or something and consume more stamina. If it requires 50 STR then you just can equip it but you can't use it or something. Things like that.

Having attributes just to gate items sucks pretty bad.

lol, whatever you do, don't ever try to play gothic 2: notr

Hobo Elf

Arcane
b-but Dark Souls

Psst. This game isn't Dark Souls.

Pssst. This game is pure shit compared to Dark Souls, I had more fun fighting the first skeleton in Dark Souls than 99% fights in Elex. Clearly you people don't want a good game, just say this instead of beating around the bush for hours .

So go and play Dark Souls, then.

Man, I never said I wanted a Dark Souls game, I most likely would not play this game if it was, it will just be too much stress. Just some of the systems that work great should be used or improved upon.

Some things, even many things, could be improved upon in ELEX. But it's getting a bit tiresome when everyone thinks that the only way to improve any game is by making it more like 'muh Dark Souls'. Hell, even Dark Souls could improve itself by being less like Dark Souls since the formula has gotten so stale and boring by now.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
b-but Dark Souls

Pssst. This game is pure shit compared to Dark Souls, I had more fun fighting the first skeleton in Dark Souls than 99% fights in Elex. Clearly you people don't want a good game, just say this instead of beating around the bush for hours .

Some things, even many things, could be improved upon in ELEX. But it's getting a bit tiresome when everyone thinks that the only way to improve any game is by making it more like 'muh Dark Souls'. Hell, even Dark Souls could improve itself by being less like Dark Souls since the formula has gotten so stale and boring by now.

The only thing that makes Dark Souls formula stale is the way they do the story, more like non existent story, interesting quests or characters. Imagine a world like Dark Souls with the same gameplay but with Obsidian, Inxile to do the story and quests, it would be one of the best action rpg's out there. Pity those squinty eyes can't make a good story to save their yellow skinny asses.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
b-but Dark Souls

The only thing that makes Dark Souls formula stale is the way they do the story, more like non existent story, interesting quests or characters. Imagine a world like Dark Souls with the same gameplay but with Obsidian, Inxile to do the story and quests, it would be one of the best action rpg's out there. Pity those squinty eyes can't make a good story to save their yellow skinny asses.

The gameplay being stale has absolutely nothing to do with the story or lack thereof.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
b-but Dark Souls

The gameplay being stale has absolutely nothing to do with the story or lack thereof.

I won't take that from someone who likes Elex gameplay, ergo your opinions matters worse than dog shit and I put a lot of trust in dog shit

Shadenuat

Arcane
thing is that their variants have different stagger resistance, so while for example you can stagger a moloch to death with two-handed swift attacks, it's not possible against stalkers.
Bleeding them out is the safest (and profitable cauz I play outlaw getit) way I found. Kaja with poison sword & bleeding chainsword + shield. Hit once and block. Two DoTs work their way in 15 seconds top. Works fine on deathclaws and such with light wooden shield. They can go through block tho I think, although sometimes easier things go through it idk why. Strafing helps.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
b-but Dark Souls

I won't take that from someone who likes Elex gameplays, ergo your opinions matters as much as dog shit and I put a lot of trust in dog shit

Take what? You're the person here telling us that a video game could be made better if InExile, of all the studios out there, could work on the game's story and quests. Jesus Christ.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
b-but Dark Souls

I won't take that from someone who likes Elex gameplays, ergo your opinions matters as much as dog shit and I put a lot of trust in dog shit

Take what? You're the person here telling us that a video game could be made better if InExile, of all the studios out there, could work on the game's story and quests. Jesus Christ.

Wasteland was pretty good no matter what retards say and the writing was decent enough. Sure they failed with Numenera but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and I'll wait for Wasteland 3 for my final verdict. And don't '' Jesus Christ'' me, you're the one who likes Elex and have the audacity to call much better games ''stale'' and overdone just to defend this monstrosity, bet you didn't even play any Dark Soul games.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Wasteland was pretty good no matter what retards say and the writing was decent enough. Sure they failed with Numenera but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and I'll wait for Wasteland 3 for my final verdict.

Wasteland was low effort trash. InExile still haven't made a good game and they're never going to.

bet you didn't even play any Dark Soul games.

:roll:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Wasteland was pretty good no matter what retards say and the writing was decent enough. Sure they failed with Numenera but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and I'll wait for Wasteland 3 for my final verdict.

Wasteland was low effort trash. InExile still haven't made a good game and they're never going to.

Just enjoy your Elex dumpster and let's hope no developer out there will ever listen to specimens like you

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Just enjoy your Elex dumpster and let's hope no developer out there will ever listen to specimens like you

What, listen to people who like Gothic 1, 2, Risen 1 and ELEX? Yeah, hope there's no one out there who makes games that cater to people like me. Absolutely none.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

What, listen to people who like Gothic 1, 2, Risen 1 and ELEX? Yeah, hope there's no one out there who makes games that cater to people like me. Absolutely none.

Please stop tainting Gothic and Risen's name you mongoloid, this pile of shit has nothing on those games, nothing

Elex combat

And combat from games that were made 15 years ago.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
And then there's the terrible Ui and inventory and everything else

Gothic Arcania made by some console developers

Risen UI and inventory

Gothic 3 UI and Inventory

And then there's Elex UI and inventory, less information than Castlevania's UI, a side scroller game

Please off yourself and stop using the name of Gothic in such ways

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You need to relax, kid. Too much ELEX has made you emotionally unstable and the mere mention of it is making you go on an asperberger rampage. Everyone here knows that ELEX isn't as good as Gothic. So what? It's still a fun game with the good old PB beats that we all know and love.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom