Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Piranha Bytes ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Raapys, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Elexgender: ⚧ Educated

Elex
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    i killed that poor troll before i realized he was mot aggressive.

^ Top  
  2. Shadenuatgender: ⚧ Arcane

Shadenuat
    Parrots:
    The things outlaws call weapons are pathetic

And of all the recipes for ammo, the most important one is missing
    FUCKING FUEL
    I NEED MORE FUEL

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. HiddenXgender: ⚧ The Elder Spy Patron

HiddenX
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    • Brofist Brofist x 8
    • incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Elexgender: ⚧ Educated

Elex
    Parrots:
    i miss the not faction ending armor like in gothic 1 the insect plate and the ore armor

^ Top  
  5. Elexgender: ⚧ Educated

Elex
    Parrots:
    but in gothic you have that nosense athletic rolling jumping and the “i climb a 4 meter tall wall”

^ Top  
  6. Xeongender: ⚧ Arbiter

Xeon
    Parrots:
    I used to like grid based inventory but not anymore as I got older. Feels too much cumbersome to sift through icons instead of by alphabetical letters or whatever especially if there are a lot of different items in the game.

^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Mainstream gonna mainstream: http://www.pcgamer.com/elex-review/

^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Turisasgender: ⚧ Arch Devil Patron

Turisas
    Parrots:
    So are you screwed out of buying more flamethrower fuel if you join anyone other than the Clerics? The douchebag merchant at The Hort doesn't want to trade at all anymore, which is fine I guess if he weren't the only guy selling it. Anyone seen it on other vendors, or should I just cheatengine myself some?

Fucking clerics, man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Elexgender: ⚧ Educated

Elex
    Parrots:
    travelling cleric merchant and the cleric combat trainer/merchant

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. dragonul09gender: ⚧ Arcane

dragonul09
    Parrots:
    Pros
    • Fantastic world
    • Strong character progression
    • Excellent exploration
    • Varied gameplay
    • Interesting factions
    -"Varied gameplay"

Sorry can't take your review seriously, you clearly haven't played anything remotely challenging

• Shit Shit x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Shadenuatgender: ⚧ Arcane

Shadenuat
    Parrots:
    I find it interesting that's there is giant sewer hole where waterfall comes from way beneath main bridge to Domed City, but it seems like an unused asset.

^ Top  
  12. Xeongender: ⚧ Arbiter

Xeon
    Parrots:
    Man, one step bullshit, I tried it several times when Elex linked the archery video and got stomp rolled. Normal people just freak out and roll all over the place and hope to win.

^ Top  
  13. HiddenXgender: ⚧ The Elder Spy Patron

HiddenX
    Parrots:
    My lvl 44 end game character can do the same with a fire enchanted weapon - so what?

With lvl 20-30 the above fight is interesting - and you need varied gameplay to win it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Reapagender: ⚧ Doom Preacher

Reapa
    Parrots:
    i was saying it was good to be up against a high level enemy early on. it was bad for the game to decide for me when i should be equipping my stuff. that's neither something that makes sense from a role playing perspective nor is it a good game design decision. there is absolutely no excuse for the game to take away such basic decisions.
    but i'm fighting windmills here. the very fact you people play these kind of action games is telling volumes about both your tastes in rpgs and your intelligence. it's at a level it just can't be insulted by anything.

• butthurt butthurt x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Doktor Bestgender: ⚧ Arcane

Doktor Best
    Parrots:
    Those mobs are either bugging the hell out or he set the AI aggressiveness to "passive".

^ Top  
  16. dragonul09gender: ⚧ Arcane

dragonul09
    Parrots:
    Where the fuck do you see variety in that video, the brain dead AI that attacks once in a full moon and the animations are so telegraphed that someone with multiple sclerosis could avoid it, that shit you consinder good?

• butthurt butthurt x 5
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. dragonul09gender: ⚧ Arcane

dragonul09
    Parrots:
    The dude plays on difficult and there's no bug, that's the AI, stop making excuses

• butthurt butthurt x 5
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. HiddenXgender: ⚧ The Elder Spy Patron

HiddenX
    Parrots:

^ Top  
  19. Shadenuatgender: ⚧ Arcane

Shadenuat
    Parrots:
    Slugbeasts have worst AI in the game. 60% of the time they just stand still and do nothing.

The most agressive and smart are chimeras I think. Neither mutants, bugs or spiders can match the randomness and constant direction changing of those.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. dragonul09gender: ⚧ Arcane

dragonul09
    Parrots:
    I'm still waiting for the variety, you rolling around and beating a brick wall for 10 minutes is not my kind of challenge. Also you are clearly underleveled, it's like me starting Skyrim and go and attack a dragon with a butter knife at level 1 and hack at him for 10 hours and call it a diverse and challenging game. Also if you play in the same level zone as that monster he won't stand a chance and that's why people complain, because the only way to ''challenge'' yourself, is to attack overleveled monsters and basically hit them over 9000 times before they die, that's not my idea of a good game.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    • butthurt butthurt x 3
    • retadred retadred x 3
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. abnaxusgender: ⚧ Arcane

abnaxus
    Parrots:
    Two-handed swords are disappointingly short.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. I'm With Her Hobo Elfgender: ⚧ for prison Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Parrots:
    You were one of those kids that bawled when they didn't get a new toy while you went shopping with your parents, weren't you? The truly sad thing is that years later you haven't changed at all and you're still getting visibly upset over a video game limiting the items you can use at any given moment. It's called a teaser and it's supposed to give you a goal that you can work toward for a nice reward. You're playing the wrong game if you are expecting instant gratification to be supplied by PB.

• retadred retadred x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Xeongender: ⚧ Arbiter

Xeon
    Parrots:
    I kinda want to say I wish if harder difficulties improve the ai instead of buffing enemies but not sure how many games actually does that. Also I am not sure what "Varied gameplay" means but gameplay in ELEX kinda sucks, combat is clunky, stealth not that great as well.

I can't remember if there are any other activities that go under gameplay.

I kinda agree with Reapa about equipment being gated behind attributes, not a great design, it Dark Soul system isn't good then they should improve on it instead or something. I mean if your striegth is 10 and you use a weapon that require a strength of 20 then you use it slowly or something and consume more stamina. If it requires 50 STR then you just can equip it but you can't use it or something. Things like that.

Having attributes just to gate items sucks pretty bad.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    Agreed to both. Slugbeasts & reskins die to the same tactic as trolls - run behind them from the left, unleash fureh, repeat.

Chimeras & reskins however, those sons of bitches I only dare to attack in melee if there's a convenient big rock or something that I could run around while poking them back. And the worst (?) thing is that their variants have different stagger resistance, so while for example you can stagger a moloch to death with two-handed swift attacks, it's not possible against stalkers.

2nd most vicious enemy type are probably all sorts of spiders (rippers, swamp spiders, FLEISCHGRILLEN UND PANZERSCHRECKEN), but they are piss easy in comparison, since at least you can reliably kill them through hit'n'run.

The reach is actually longer than the animation would suggest in my experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. dragonul09gender: ⚧ Arcane

dragonul09
    Parrots:
    Either this game made everyone retarded or some people are here to shill for this game, I can't find a better explanation , it almost feels like the American election where people kept telling how great Hillary was and look how that turn out , she clearly lost because she didn't have a jet pack.

• butthurt x 4
    • retadred x 3
    • Shit x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)