Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

harhar!

Augur
Patch notes: https://steamcommunity.com/app/411300/discussions/0/1483232961048561477/

Crafting

You can now upgrade shields
Bugfixes for socketing weapons

AI

Improved awareness when sneaking
Improved navigation for NPCs and monsters
Better party behavior from NPCs

UI

Missing icons added
Connection bugfixes
Bugfixes for the world map
Bugfixes for the skills display

Gameplay

Bugfixes for item interactions
Sleep will now also replenish energy
Lock picks will break more often
Reduced fall damage with the jet pack
Appropriate behavior when you receive damage on a ladder
Additional slots for autosaves
Monster traps no longer have a focus

Cutscenes

Slight optimization of cutscenes

Story

Caja accompanies the player to all locations
Both PSI amplifiers are now distributed
Minor quest and display fixes

NPCs

Aesthetic improvements to some armor
Improved control of dialogue gestures
Improved facial animations for women
Improved transitions for motion sequences

Combat

Shields can now block ranged weapons
Improved targeting behavior from NPCs
Fixed the situation where companions were not helping with battle in certain situations
Grenades will now always ricochet off of obstacles
Ball lightning will now always jump to the next target

Dialogues

Improved camera in dialogues
Improved placement of conversation partners

Text

Updates and fixes

Engine

Improved shadow mapping to sun position
Eliminated flickering mist when the camera was too close to obstacles
Subtitles are now deactivated by default when the same language is selected for voice and text

Xbox One:

Graphics pipeline optimizations, including VSync activation to remove screen tearing

Good that they improve companion AI, it really did look crappy.

Renevent

Cipher
Man I wish I had time to play this, everything I've read seems to indicate this is their best effort in a long time.

PrettyDeadman

Out of 11 users who left negative review for ELEX on metacritic - 9 are users with zero other reviews (except reviews with 0 score of ELEX on all available platforms).
It seems forces are decline are conspiring again.

SlamDunk

Arcane
So, who's going to host the first MAGALAN party?

Alright, alright... I'll show myself out.

Last edited:

hackncrazy

Savant
Out of 11 users who left negative review for ELEX on metacritic - 9 are users with zero other reviews (except reviews with 0 score of ELEX on all available platforms).
It seems forces are decline are conspiring again.

Oh gosh, it's the Grimoire hate train all over again, isn't it?

filpan

Scholar
Can't wait to see all your impressions, the moment you realize how shit this game is.
Btw, there are people actaully people who think gothic 3 is a good game. I despise you.
Go get some life, or at least a hug from someone.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't wait to see all your impressions, the moment you realize how shit this game is.
Btw, there are people actaully people who think gothic 3 is a good game. I despise you.
You haven't played enough barbarians. Get to it.

Deleted member 7219

Pirahna Bytes haven't made a good game since Risen so I think my concerns over Elex are justified. I won't be judging it based on game reviews - fuck game reviews - but I won't be buying it until I see some impressions on here from people I respect.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Most low or 1 star review on amazon(de) for the PC version are because the boxed version got delivered but can't be used until Steam unlocks the game.

What. You get only a Steam key in your boxed games nowadays? That's genuinely hilarious.

Pirahna Bytes haven't made a good game since Risen so I think my concerns over Elex are justified. I won't be judging it based on game reviews - fuck game reviews - but I won't be buying it until I see some impressions on here from people I respect.

There's noone on Codex you can respect. And the impressions here will be "it's fucking shit". Don't be a pussy and buy the game.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
You showed us all.

6DvuBZq.png

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Most low or 1 star review on amazon(de) for the PC version are because the boxed version got delivered but can't be used until Steam unlocks the game.

What? You get only a Steam key in your boxed games nowadays? That's genuinely hilarious.

Sometimes there's data on the disk - but it's useless if the game is bound to Steam. The game is available on GOG Day 1 - but won't download(?) until 7pm CET as well.
If you have a console version, you can play it now.

The best indication that the game is not utter shit is when a lot of people in shitty gaming message boards say it's too hard, so it already bodes well for Elex. There's a bunch of "I can't find Caius Cosades" type shit out there, or "waaah I need to train skills where's muh levelup points" warms my heart.

Elex

Arbiter
https://www.reddit.com/r/elex/comme...tm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=elex

just watching an exclusive release-3hrs-live-stream with Bjorn on twitch (https://go.twitch.tv/gamestarde)

He just explained the End Game:

after you've finished the main story the world will be open for you to travel. you can still find new quests, finish old quests and do all you want with just one constraint:

depending on how the main story ends, whole cities and villages will despise or praise you. you can travel the world and experience the conclusion of the main story almost in every place.

I think this is quite noteworthy and i'd like to see if there are reviews and reviewers who will notice that "detail"

this actually surpised me, it's probally the largest new element in a PB game since forever.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They also cry about not being able to equip the cool equipment they find right away (a throwback to Gothic, as they say).

Kahr

(ノಥ,_」ಥ)ノ彡┻━┻

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom